1moRussian

Off-fee structure at BBB in Pattaya

My experience is that each time in Thailand I see always at least one Farang in a go go bar or beer bar who does not tip at all. I see he stops a boy, fondles, boy leaves and I didn't see any tipping. I am happy to read in this thread this is rare and most tip, which is the right thing to do. Although 20 baht is very very low.

20 Baht does sound low however not necessarily. The routine, for regular customers, is the boyz will approach them, one by one, and display their merchandise for inspection and receive 20 Baht or more. The customer may drop 200 Baht every time he enters the club. And, in addition, the customer often has one or two boyz sit with him which cost him two drinks plus 100 Baht tip each (min). So an hour of fun can easily cost the customer 600+ Baht plus cost of his own drinks. And this goes on night after night.

And then there are the farang who just sit on their hands and watch and give nothing. 

Concerning the off fees, yesterday I was told the same by two different boys. The off fee is 1000-1500 before the show and 500 after the show. This is the off fee for the guys who are employed by the bar and make 22,000 or more a month depending on their position. The other guys who do not work for the bar and not in a show have an off fee of 500 anytime.

Concerning the off fees, yesterday I was told the same by two different boys. The off fee is 1000-1500 before the show and 500 after the show. This is the off fee for the guys who are employed by the bar and make 22,000 or more a month depending on their position. The other guys who do not work for the bar and not in a show have an off fee of 500 anytime.

while it may make sense from bar's point of view, they  need performers for the show, those amounts are extortionate for Pattaya specially where 1500 may land long time off of  boy in the same soi.

I wish them good luck with those fees. I still consider BBB best bar in whole Thailand but while can envision paying 2 times going rate for  a boy's  tip, can't see paying that much just for a off fee. But no doubt it will be takers 

I don't understand the 'gift' of buying him a trip home. These trips are very cheap. I know a boy whose family lives in Buriram, about 6 to 8 hour (don't remember exactly) bus ride from Pattaya. This is only a few hundred baths if I recollect it well. 

I am sure he was much more happy with his new iPhone I bought him (approaching 40.000 baht) than if I had given him 1000 baht to go see his family.

Seems very cheap to me to buy him a trip home. I doubt they are more happy with such a 'present'. Like it is expensive to travel back home in Thailand. Most boys can afford that. You really think many don't see family for years because they can't afford it? Family is important there. 

Guest abang1961

Abidismall

Oh come on.  The iphone is about THB 25000 at most.

It is, at most, something to show off for the time being.

But a sponsored home trip is different.

The intangible feeling of someone reminding me of home is beyond generosity.

The trip and expenses may be minuscule compared to the phone but hey, it is the thought that counts. 

Abidismall

Oh come on.  The iphone is about THB 25000 at most.

It is, at most, something to show off for the time being.

No. I paid approaching 40.000. iPhone 6s. I bought it in Thailand before it was officially sold there. So the shop imported it herself and that made it a bit more expensive.  When was the last time you bought an iPhone?

And yes they are for showing off but trust me: they need it. They don't have computers; its their only tool for the Internet (beside internet shop), calling, Facebook, LINE, Gayromeo, Hornet. They need it. So it is not only showing off. They need a phone like they need food and a room.

Ridiculous!!  They need an iPhone like they need a hole in the head.  Many cheaper phones do what they need .  The only reason for them to have an iPhone is so they get more money when they pawn it which all of them will.

My boy still has his iPhone 6s which I bought him. And he has it very early, before it officially came on the Thai market. Bought it last October.

There is an exception to every rule. But I would be very rich if I bet on every boy who got a iPhone as a gift had pawned inside of 6 months.

First of all I am not talking about long time BF's who get paid monthly and therefore have no need to pawn their phone until they lose their benefactor which the great % do.

2nd I have known boys who pawned their iPhone and then bought a copy for 1/5 the price  which the average farang cannot tell the difference.

In case anyone thinks I am making this up?  I gave 2 iPhones to boys when I bought a new one . I also bought 3 used iPhones from a reputable dealer to give as a gift.

Each time on my next trip I would ask the boy where his iPhone was?  I lost it, it was damaged, it was stolen etc etc etc.

In every case of course the really story was they pawned it and were now using a basic phone. 

I am a slow learner but never again!

Giving a gold chain or iPhone will enable the boys to gain instant cash during a crisis, if only they know how to be frugal.

If I was a Thai moneyboy age 19 say, a hot looking twink I would do this:

Have 4 customers a week, for 1500 short time. This is 6000 per week, so 24.000 per month. If I share room with friends (which most do) I can EASILY save 10.000 each month, so 120.000 every year.

I can do this job for about 6 years, so after I am past my prime and need to finish being money boy I have saved 720.000 baht!!!!

You can then buy your own shop to get a living for the rest of your live, for example setting up a laundry shop.

(You can save a million by taking more than 4 customers a week or save more per month, saving 15.000 per month is also doable if you share a room.)

First you would have to find a boy who could actually find that many customers . In Pattaya that would be impossible especially at 1500 short time.   There are many months where even a Hot Twink would be lucky to get offed twice a week. So let's say maybe 20,000 in offs.  And that would only be a small % of the boys bring to make a living.

300 baht a day for food , transportation and all the other incidentals of life would add up to 9000 baht per month.  4-6000 for rent .

Amazing an 18-24 year old boy might like to go out with his friends . Even 2 day per month another 1000 gone. And let's not forget these boys help each other when a friend has no money and they have been lucky enough to make some.  If you don't understand that then you really have no idea what Thai boys must do to survive.

Believe it or not a good % of these boys send money home to Mama . Maybe Mama gets 3000 to help her out.

Maybe he's got 2000 left but probably nothing and the rent is due and if offered 1000 or even less has to accept it.

Your scenario is a Dream and does not happen in 95% or more of the cases.

Yes a very few boys find a BF that takes care of them at least for a time and if they are smart they can save some money.

Please tell me how careful you were with money at the age of18.

Guest abang1961

No. I paid approaching 40.000. iPhone 6s. I bought it in Thailand before it was officially sold there. So the shop imported it herself and that made it a bit more expensive.  When was the last time you bought an iPhone?

And yes they are for showing off but trust me: they need it. They don't have computers; its their only tool for the Internet (beside internet shop), calling, Facebook, LINE, Gayromeo, Hornet. They need it. So it is not only showing off. They need a phone like they need food and a room.

Dear dear (not wanting to start a war of words here)

I dislike iphones and stop having one since 2011.

Of course prices here in Singapore are different as it is seen as a must-have for many young people.

http://www.apple.com/sg/shop/buy-iphone/iphone6

By the way, have you heard of Vertu? Brag about it when you give it to me as a present!

http://www.vertu.com/sg/en/home

I have recently walked into a couple of telcom shops in Central Festival.

Most Samsung phones are within the THB 10000 to 12000 range, unless the S7.

For myself, I bought a Huawei phone for THB 7990.

It is octa (8) core, 2 SIM, 64 GB memory card and can browse any internet page and cruise in gay apps too.

So, you MAY not have compare prices of the phones available in Pattaya/Bangkok. 

I agree there are other phone brands and many are also good. But a good phone for 12000 baht? There must be some limitations: low screen resolution? slow cpu? I think an acceptable performing phone can be had for 15.000 baht or more. I wouldn't go lower.

And let's not forget these boys help each other when a friend has no money and they have been lucky enough to make some.  If you don't understand that then you really have no idea what Thai boys must do to survive.

Yes absolutely, I have a little 'friend' who works in a small massage shop behind Tukom. Seven or eight boys in the shop and somedays in low season they only have two or three customers in total all day - he often shows me the 'book' they are marked down on.

On the days when he is one of the lucky ones, he contributes to the communal feed in the evening.

Boys also use dating apps. And hot boys can easily find 4 customers a week via these apps. Every day many many Farang use these apps and see the boy near him. So every day he will get messages. I am sure. I am talking about a top of the bill boy, a hot twink, the most preferred type.

I can only guess your visits to Thailand have been limited because you just don't know what you are talking about.

On any given day there are probably 10x as many boys as Farangs looking to hire .  Have you ever actually been in Thailand May-October. Have you ever gone Bar to Bar and been the only customer. If you had you would never come up with such inflated figures 

Gay farangs represent a tiny % of visitors to Thailand and then only a % of those are interested in hiring more then once or twice a week.

Just because we have some members here (including me) that like to see at least 1 boy per day on our visits , we are even a smaller subset of farang gay visitors.

Have you ever been to a boys room to see how they live and interact with their friends who may be hungry ?

Basically respectably , you just don't know what you are talking about.

I can only guess your visits to Thailand have been limited because you just don't know what you are talking about.

On any given day there are probably 10x as many boys as Farangs looking to hire .  Have you ever actually been in Thailand May-October. Have you ever gone Bar to Bar and been the only customer. If you had you would never come up with such inflated figures 

Gay farangs represent a tiny % of visitors to Thailand and then only a % of those are interested in hiring more then once or twice a week.

Just because we have some members here (including me) that like to see at least 1 boy per day on our visits , we are even a smaller subset of farang gay visitors.

Have you ever been to a boys room to see how they live and interact with their friends who may be hungry ?

Basically respectably , you just don't know what you are talking about.

Yes. October I have been in Thailand. Yes, I have been the only customer in a bar. I agree in low season not easy to get customer if you are go go boy and not absolute hottest in looks. Yes I have seen a few rooms from the inside these boys live in. My example is not the average boy, it is a very hot cute young twink who uses apps.  He is wanted by 80% of all Farangs in Pattaya. They see him in the apps. They will send him messages. He can pick. Yes I know for more average looking guys this doesn't work and for 30 year old money 'boys' it certainly doesn't work.

I also disagree that Farang visitors only take a boy 2 times a week on average. For most who are on holiday they have each day at least 1 boy. Maybe sometimes they skip a day. If you live in Pattaya permenantly - you are retired - then yes maybe 2 times a week is normal. But the many many Farang in the apps are on holiday there. They need a boy every day. I take in the start of my trip two boys every day to my hotel. One in the afternoon, one for the evening. Near the end it slows to one each day and I can skip a day.

I'm sure Gaybutton didn't suggest to give a boy 1000 baht for a return bus fare and send him on his way, in fact he actually mentioned spending money as well. And that's an important part of that gift: When someone works far away and comes back to visit, it's often expected but at least appreciated that they bring gifts and have some money to spend - sweets for the children, beers or (heaven forbid) lao khao for the adults (friends & family), food, etc. It's not necessarily a cheap gift.

Yes. October I have been in Thailand. Yes, I have been the only customer in a bar. I agree in low season not easy to get customer if you are go go boy and not absolute hottest in looks. Yes I have seen a few rooms from the inside these boys live in. My example is not the average boy, it is a very hot cute young twink who uses apps.  He is wanted by 80% of all Farangs in Pattaya. They see him in the apps. They will send him messages. He can pick. Yes I know for more average looking guys this doesn't work and for 30 year old money 'boys' it certainly doesn't work.

I also disagree that Farang visitors only take a boy 2 times a week on average. For most who are on holiday they have each day at least 1 boy. Maybe sometimes they skip a day. If you live in Pattaya permenantly - you are retired - then yes maybe 2 times a week is normal. But the many many Farang in the apps are on holiday there. They need a boy every day. I take in the start of my trip two boys every day to my hotel. One in the afternoon, one for the evening. Near the end it slows to one each day and I can skip a day.

Just more naiveté . If such a boy existed , long ago someone would have taken him away and for a lot more money then 24,000 baht a month. It happens rarely but it does.  happen..

Just because you think the boy is Hot does not mean hundreds of guys think so . Some of the most popular boys are not necessarily the Hottest in anyones opinion.  Once you have visited Thailand more then a couple of times you realize looks are not the only important thing.  Many times a 7 is much more fun then a 10.

Plus how do you know who contacts him and what it results in. I contact boys all the time when I am in the USA and save them to contact on my next visit. Many others do that.  

About a year ago I posted an extensive post on a very Hot and really nice boy.  He would use my computer a lot when he stayed with me and he would show me contacts he got on Romeo etc.  Lots of scum offering him 300 - 500 baht.  Those kind of men make up a large % of the men who contact boys.  

Yes and if the rent is due or the boy is hungry , he will accept those offers .  Factor that into your assertions that a Hot Boy can easily make 24,000 baht a month.

I'm sure Gaybutton didn't suggest to give a boy 1000 baht for a return bus fare and send him on his way

Of course not.  I don't do this often.  I can't afford to do this often.  And, as I said, I do this only for boys I really like and know they're going to be honest with me.  When I do this, usually by the time I'm done I've spent between 20,000 to 40,000 baht - depending on how long the boy is going to stay home, what he needs while he's there, and what he will be doing while he's there.

I'm sure there will be some posts saying there's no way it could cost that much.  What is the money being spent on?  I don't believe you.

I'll give my responses to those kinds of posts, if they appear, right now. 

1.  "What is the money being spent on?"  None of your business.  The only important things are me knowing what the money is being spent on and how I know it.

2.  "I don't believe you."  I don't care whether you do or not.

And, by the way, I agree with every word firecat69 has written in this topic.  He knows what he is talking about.  I've lived here long enough to be certain of that.  It's incredible to me that anyone claims to be knowledgeable and posts that boys can easily get 1500 baht for short time and get it several times a week or make 24000 baht a month.  WRONG!  If bar boys were making that kind of money, there would be more boys working in the bars than Carter's has Liver Pills.  Most bar boys I know, and I know a lot of them, are lucky if they can make enough money to eat and pay the rent.  The days of making really good money by being a bar boy are long gone, if they ever existed in the first place. 

Guest abang1961

Supply versus demand. It is plain economics 101.

During the low season when the tourist  arrivals are smaller, the ideal case of making sufficient money TH 24 000/month is just an illusion.  If the boy/man is lucky, he gets off once every 3 days.  That makes 10 offs in a month.  I am very generous here because there is a smaller reservoir of available gay tourists and fewer are willing to make the kill every night.  Life as a sex worker isn't all that rosy.

When I was in Krabi/Bangkok/Chiangmai in June, I did get quite a few messages from the boys via gay apps.  I "talked" to them but once I told them that I'm only looking for farangs, the conversation ends.