TotallyOz

Are the GoGo Boys Returning?

8 hours ago, Gaybutton said:

Maybe they are returning to Bangkok, but not very many returning to Pattaya.  In Pattaya, right now there isn't very much for go-go boys to return to.

which makes sense, Bangkok is big city with big client base in any circumstances even if deprived foreign whorers.

Pattaya depends of  tourists and to a great degree on foreign ones which are now almost extinct species so engagements may be much harder to come by. Ice cream sellers are rarely busy in Alaska in February.

Thailand and in particular Pattaya has already been deprived of a contribution to its economy by myself in the shape of my regular low season visit. A three week visit would cost me in the region of 130,000 baht dispensed to hotels, Asian boys, gay bars, presents for boyfriends, restaurants , transportation etc etc . When gay sex tourists like myself will be able to visit again if ever is impossible to predict. In the meantime I have to dream.

91657429-9F89-4BEA-A434-E2F010B3F1B0.jpeg

9 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

Thailand and in particular Pattaya has already been deprived of a contribution to its economy by myself in the shape of my regular low season visit. A three week visit would cost me in the region of 130,000 baht dispensed to hotels, Asian boys, gay bars, presents for boyfriends, restaurants , transportation etc etc .

and when we multiply that 130 000 figure by planeloads  arriving at Swampy every few minutes , only then devastation to Thai economy  becomes more pronounced. 

15 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

Thailand and in particular Pattaya has already been deprived of a contribution to its economy by myself in the shape of my regular low season visit. A three week visit would cost me in the region of 130,000 baht dispensed to hotels, Asian boys, gay bars, presents for boyfriends, restaurants , transportation etc etc . When gay sex tourists like myself will be able to visit again if ever is impossible to predict. In the meantime I have to dream.

91657429-9F89-4BEA-A434-E2F010B3F1B0.jpeg

The cost you mentioned includes int'l flight ?

3 weeks for me including flights won't be bellow 200K...

Many boys returning in Pattaya gogo bars and many boys leaving.  Bars that provide housing and food maintain their boys more

than those who don’t.  Prime examples are Nice Boys In Sunee and Xboys in Boyztown area. 

Many Cambodian boys in Jomtien complex and they appear to have no problems going to Cambodia for visa run and returning to Pattaya .

The lady bars are in desperate straits with Walking Street a good example.  No longer a walking street with cars and motorbike outnumbering

walkers.  Far more ladies with signs and doorman than customers.  A Russian speaking women tried her best to entice me into her bar

to no avail.

I just noticed a small circle with a + symbol followed by 1,000, just above number posts.  What’s it for?

3 hours ago, williewillie said:

I just noticed a small circle with a + symbol followed by 1,000, just above number posts.  What’s it for?

As far as I know it records the number of 'likes' your posts have attracted.

As to the topic, I have a number of boys that I keep in touch with through Facebook and Messenger. Many left Pattaya during the first phase of the virus and went back home, although a few hung-on.

Of those that left all tried to return from home when it became possible for the bars to re-open, but they found few if any customers. Some of the bars in BoyzTown for example soon closed again, or only re-opened at weekends etc.

Those on the ground will know far better than me, but the impression I have from my boys is that Jomtien Complex has fared best, one or two bars in Sunee, such as Nice Boys or Winner Boys, are just about doing ok, but those of Boyztown have fared worst.  Consequently a number of my friends having tried to return to work in Pattaya have given up again and either gone back home again or decided to try their luck in Bangkok instead.

I am using Western Union to help three, or occasionally four, but cannot afford to do more than that despite their pleas.

7 hours ago, Vessey said:

I am using Western Union to help three, or occasionally four,

and imagine how many more "helpers" they have sending them money...

Reminds me of a story a long time ago. An American friend of mine thought the guy he was with, was only with him and went to the farm when he wasn't there. One night I was having drinks with the Manager of Ambiance, Hugh, and mentioned that to him and he broke up laughing. He told me that that boy  has MANY loyal bf's and it like a comedy show when more than one is in town at the same time, watching the guy trying to keep both happy while splitting the time and making excuses why he can't be with one sometimes. He says when the customers want to go to Boystown at the same time, watching the guy go from bar to bar trying to keep them as far apart without them catching on.

To be fair, i know one boy that did stop working at the bar due to being sponsor by his farang customer. I heard from the boy himself, and confirmed by some other people who told me the boy disappear from the scene for quite sometimes. Anyway, the farang BF comes once a month for a week or so, and gave the boy monthly allowance that is good enough that the boy doesnt really have to work. Anyway, the arrangement ended, not sure why, and boy is back in bar. Lucky for me that now the boy is available lol 

If there are no tourists, it cannot make sense for gogo boys to return to Pattaya in any great numbers.    They will all be competing for the limited expat custom.

I would have thought the odds would be better in Bangkok, but even there, if you delete all the tourists, the boys are going to have to work harder to find customers.    When they do find customers, they probably need to deliver enough service to get repeat business.

A lot of these bar boys are from Cambodia & Laos & have a passport full of stamps from their monthly visa runs.     I presume they would have to do quarantine now, which kills off this method of operating ?      In which case some of the Thai boys have fewer customers, but also less competition.   

A couple of the boys I know have gone back to Laos and are still there.   One's doing his stint as a monk, complete with Instagram updates.  

Perhaps some Thai boys return to Pattaya in the hope that things are returning to normal. If this is the case I fear that they will be quickly be disillusioned. As z909 points out a small number of gay expats will provide very limited Income opportunities. I’ve observed that expats on their occasional evening visits to bars tend to sit together without much interaction with the bar boys and in the main keep to fairly tight monetary budgets. This is in contrast with gay tourists who during their two or three week visits like to make every evening count by engaging companions to join then in bed without too much concern for cost. Unfortunately they are currently imprisoned in their home countries with plenty of cash but being unable to visit where they would like to spend it.