TotallyOz

Questions, Queries and Birthdays

OK. I have a boy I have been seeing from a bar. His Birthday is coming up. He wants me to come to his bar and get him to spend the night with me. I told him I would. But, I also told him I could just give him money and he could spend the money on having a good time with his friends. He does not want me to send him money but prefers that I come to get him and celebrate there and take him home. Now, I realize that money is part of this. But, would it not make sense if he does nothing for the money and I told him the same amount for him to just take a day off and spend with family and friends. He didn't want to do that. Why? I get he may be trying to make me happy. Or, does it look better for him to have someone go and get him?  But, I don't get why he would prefer to spend the night with an old man as opposed to just going with his friends for the same amount of money. Any ideas?  What am I missing?

37 minutes ago, hank75 said:

He wants you come to the bar, pay for all the drinks, treat all his friends, win him lots of respect, show the bar staff he has a wealthy patron, and then send him home with money without having to spend any baht himself to celebrate his own birthday.

That sounds like last night! :)

3 hours ago, williewillie said:

The birthday part of this topic reminded me of a massage boy at Scandic massage in Boyztown Pattaya.

To prove it was his birthday, he showed me his ID card.  It was his birthday but when I saw his birth year,

he was 8 years older than he told me.  

The first boy in Thailand I ever took for an overnight trip to Pattaya was from Future Boys in Bangkok. He spent 2 weeks with me on my very first trip to LOS. He was adorable and from Laos. He said he was 19 on day 1. A few days later he said he was 22. I told him I didn't care. But, I thought about it and wondered why he lied. We were at the Marriott in Pattaya and he was registered. So, I asked them to pull up his ID and tell me his age. They did. He was 29. I told him I knew and he said sorry. It was OK for me and he continued to travel with me from time to time. 10 years later, I met him in a bar in Bangkok and I said, 'How old are you?" and he said, "19."  Since he still looked it we both smiled and laughed. He was just as good at 39 as he was at 29. (except he had nipples and more tits. Yep, he was a ladyboy and I didn't even know that)  You learn a lot the more you spend time in the LOS!

From my experience in Thailand truth and false are very fluid it's completely different than the western culture , the boys will tell what ever suite their interest at the moment and sometimes will not tell the truth to avoid loosing face .I learnt to be very sceptical with what boys are telling me and not to dig to much information from them they really don't like it.

6 hours ago, williewillie said:

The birthday part of this topic reminded me of a massage boy at Scandic massage in Boyztown Pattaya.

To prove it was his birthday, he showed me his ID card.  It was his birthday but when I saw his birth year,

he was 8 years older than he told me.  

perhaps he was poor in math

2 hours ago, Michael said:

He said he was 19 on day 1. A few days later he said he was 22. I told him I didn't care. 

rightly so, what counts are how they look, behave and perform , not metrics unless one has number fetish and makes a point to engage only guys younger them himself but that is easy part for us

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

what counts are how they look, behave and perform , not metrics

Maybe it's just me but I think we subconciously behave different depending on the age of those we talk to. If someone is say 40 we tend take him more serious and make less (childish) jokes. If someone is 20 and think "what can he know about this topic at his young age" (sex excluded) and we talk a lot more nonsense and make more jokes. How must feel an Asian guy in Europe who is 40 but still looks 20 ...

1 hour ago, 10tazione said:

Maybe it's just me but I think we subconciously behave different depending on the age of those we talk to....

and boys react the same 

one of guys I hooked on my Aug 2019 trip called me by first name until I announced my real age, than I become Mr. my first name and he even  mentioned me as such in conversation with other forum member who met him few months later

This thread makes me remember many funny times.  I had regular  from Soi Twilight when I was living in Bangkok.  He was someone who I saw many times and we went on trips together and sometimes went home with 2 or 3 of his friends. I never asked his age because the Bar I was taking him from and my own eyes guessed  21-23.

Then 1, 3 day trip to Chiang Mai he left my computer on and he was chatting with friends and he forgot sign off. It was Thai site but some was easiy to translate. He had all his information and under age he was 34. To this day it is hard to believe . We laughed about it and I told him , that it made no difference to me and it did not.

I wish I had stayed in touch . He would be 44 now and I'd love to see a current photo.  Memories!

Switching back to the original post peculating on a "why" about the birthday celebration - I agree with hank75 and with spoon's further insight.  I celebrated one regular's birthday and it was important to  his sense of face that I came to the bar for him and celebrated him with his friends also participating!

My insight (not related to this question) is validate the birthdate...I remember one off who seemed to have more than one birthday a year as shown on his Facebook page.

56 minutes ago, Aikuchi said:

..."an Asian guy in Europe who is 40 but still looks 20" ...  i felt this when I was in Melbourne a few years ago on a wine tour and a group of British girls thought I was in my mid to late 20s. I'm 42 this year. :p  attached photos are from this week.

If it works with girls it should also work with boys :D

Many of the bar boys seem almost nocturnal - so 4am is nothing for them - just time to move onto the Karaoke bars which can stay open until 7am or later before spilling out onto the streets.

Console yourself with the probability that your boy gained considerable face (at your expense it is true) with the whisky and the general boy tips you disbursed.

Sounds to me like a grand night out with a basically good boy.

Stuck here in the UK I envy you.