TotallyOz

A Staycation in Gay Pattaya

BTW: the rate for the Renaissance was around 2,200 baht. The cost of one room service was 1200 baht. LOL Imagine that. But, the hotel was filled with holiday travelers. Thais and expats that live here are swooping up the great deals for hotels. For example, I have had friends in 5 cities that said their hotels were not only not empty but breakfast buffet was busy every day. I think all the people in Bangkok are driving to those cities close by as the Intercontinental was filled for a few days I looked last week. I  think the tourism industry (if you are talking hotels) are going to be fine for a while. They are encouraging people that live here to travel and making it worth their while. I have friends in Phuket that got 5 star hotels for 2,000 baht and having a blast.

Thanks Michael for that interesting trip to Pattaya in the Covid era. I really wish that I could be there to take advantage of the great value facilities there. The room rate for a 5* hotel of 2200 baht is really incredible - probably the normal price would be 4000 to 5000. You mention a buffet breakfast which is generally not available now in Europe for Covid reasons. You enjoyed your stay with your boyfriend but maybe you would have been better to use a more gay oriented hotel like those in the Jomtien Complex, assuming they are open ?

i too have memories of Krazy Dragon (table top dancing boys) and Kaos in Sunee. I had many offs from Kaos. 

8 minutes ago, Travellerdave said:

Thanks Michael for that interesting trip to Pattaya in the Covid era. I really wish that I could be there to take advantage of the great value facilities there. The room rate for a 5* hotel of 2200 baht is really incredible - probably the normal price would be 4000 to 5000. You mention a buffet breakfast which is generally not available now in Europe for Covid reasons. You enjoyed your stay with your boyfriend but maybe you would have been better to use a more gay oriented hotel like those in the Jomtien Complex, assuming they are open ?

i too have memories of Krazy Dragon (table top dancing boys) and Kaos in Sunee. I had many offs from Kaos. 

There were Phuket Hotels from Marriott that were 2000 baht per night with free breakfast and dinner and 1000 credit daily. Amazing deals in past month.

I stay only at chain hotels if it is in the city I am visiting. I like my points and tend to stay at IHG or Marriott hotels only. I tried years back to stay at Cafe Royale and it was too loud and too much for me.

Krazy and Kaos were nightly visits for me. I loved both of them. Amazing memories from them.

Nice Boys is the reason I still go to Pattaya  ...... full hotels at half the rate with discounts and food included= great for customer, bad for business- just paying the bills at that point and hard to get those same customers back when rates go back up. Many hotels in the US are charging more than before Covid, trying to recoup some of their losses.

If you're still in Pattaya , try this place, I went in with Joe from NYC (I'm in Brasil and he comes tomorrow- Had a Tomcal sighting in Rio,lol) it had some incredible food. Check out their great comments on Tripadvisor and Google...best smoothie I've ever had and really good Thai food.

https://jasminscafepattaya.business.site/

On 10/15/2020 at 9:54 AM, Michael said:

was saying at the new Renaissance Resort in Jomtien. Or, so I thought. It is a hotel for sure but not where I thought. I should have checked the maps closer. I thought it was in Buddha Hill area. But, it was 15km from Pattaya

Lots of excellent hotels in Pattaya city I wouldn't book so far accommodation out of the action no matter how good is it...

10 hours ago, floridarob said:

Nice Boys is the reason I still go to Pattaya  ...... full hotels at half the rate with discounts and food included= great for customer, bad for business- just paying the bills at that point and hard to get those same customers back when rates go back up. Many hotels in the US are charging more than before Covid, trying to recoup some of their losses.

If you're still in Pattaya , try this place, I went in with Joe from NYC (I'm in Brasil and he comes tomorrow- Had a Tomcal sighting in Rio,lol) it had some incredible food. Check out their great comments on Tripadvisor and Google...best smoothie I've ever had and really good Thai food.

https://jasminscafepattaya.business.site/

I am sure the hotels are not making tons of money but it is able to keep them afloat during this pandemic. That is better than many businesses. I was at the JW Marriott 2 weeks back for a staycation and the mall linked to that hotel was dead and no customers at all. Many shops were closed permanently.

I'll try the Jasmine Cafe on my next trip. Thanks for the heads up. I'm already back in Bangkok. Their site looks good.

Your Tomcal sighting reminds me of Floridarob sightings. I use to bump into you all over the world, mostly in saunas and gogo bars. :) Have fun in Brazil.

8 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Lots of excellent hotels in Pattaya city I wouldn't book so far accommodation out of the action no matter how good is it...

It wasn't my intention to book that far. It was a mistake as I didn't look to see on a map how far it was. If I did, I would have stayed at the Hilton as the Intercontinental was book for one day I wanted to stay last week.

Day 3
On the way out, I had to make a stop at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. They have a dental clinic there I have used for many years and the one doctor I trust in Thailand. She only works a few days a week so I had to book her early. Once there, we were greeted and taken to the dental floor. What I found interesting was the full plastic armor she had on. She was completely covered head to toe with no way for anything to get to her. Also, I had to hold some liquid in my mouth for 1 minute before we started. It was all very clean and safe but a bit odd being worked one by a plastic doctor.

To be honest, I'm terrified of dentists and going to the dentist so I don't mind the long drive to see her. She is very good and gentle. I know there are places in Bangkok that I can go to and I tried one time before and it was not as comfortable. And, my boyfriend at the time went to the same place in Bangkok and eventually had to go back to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to get the work done again as they did not use the best material.

So, that was my very short staycation in Pattaya. Two nights and three days and it was a quick in and out for me and Jupiter Boy.

BTW: Jupiter Boy is still with me and sleeping soundly as I write this.

8 hours ago, Michael said:

Day 3
On the way out, I had to make a stop at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya. They have a dental clinic there I have used for many years and the one doctor I trust in Thailand. She only works a few days a week so I had to book her early. Once there, we were greeted and taken to the dental floor. What I found interesting was the full plastic armor she had on. She was completely covered head to toe with no way for anything to get to her. Also, I had to hold some liquid in my mouth for 1 minute before we started. It was all very clean and safe but a bit odd being worked one by a plastic doctor.

To be honest, I'm terrified of dentists and going to the dentist so I don't mind the long drive to see her. She is very good and gentle. I know there are places in Bangkok that I can go to and I tried one time before and it was not as comfortable. And, my boyfriend at the time went to the same place in Bangkok and eventually had to go back to Bangkok Hospital Pattaya to get the work done again as they did not use the best material.

So, that was my very short staycation in Pattaya. Two nights and three days and it was a quick in and out for me and Jupiter Boy.

BTW: Jupiter Boy is still with me and sleeping soundly as I write this.

I completely get that about comfort with dentists. I traveled 1/2 way around the world to Thailand this January and February for the express purpose of seeing my favorite dentist ( maybe a couple other reasons?) . I also originally found this dentist also in Bangkok Pattaya Hospital . He subsequently opened a private practice. 

He had to book me for a very complicated root canal at Bangkok Pattaya Hospital besides the work he performed. Not sure but it was an older women ( about 60 inches tall) who only worked 2 days a week . It was 2 1/2 hours and never felt a thing . They locked down Thailand a few days after I left. Possibly I should have just stayed. HeHe!

BTW Jupiter Boy is a Very Lucky Young Man and if he is smart I will be saying the same thing 10 years from now or more!

3 hours ago, firecat69 said:

I traveled 1/2 way around the world to Thailand this January and February for the express purpose of seeing my favorite dentist ( maybe a couple other reasons?) .

and probably you saved a lot.

Few years ago I had some dental job to do and I saved about half of my flight cost on difference between my local price and what I paid in BKK.

Other countries with good dental value are Hungary and Poland

On 10/17/2020 at 2:46 PM, firecat69 said:

BTW Jupiter Boy is a Very Lucky Young Man and if he is smart I will be saying the same thing 10 years from now or more!

Thanks my friend! It is now 3 weeks and going strong. Hard to believe that long as I am normally a 30 minute guy before I loose attention.

11 hours ago, Jasper said:

I thought you have never had a good off in Jupiter :rolleyes:

there's always first time, although with dearth of customers boys may adjust their attitudes from primmadonniac   to more  business oriented.

Or in simple terms ,  Michael had just a good luck