reader

Patpong comings and goings

2 hours ago, paulsf said:

I think they have a ways to go in their talent hiring.... No twinks.

Agree. Hell, if Tawan can find room for up to half-a-dozen I'd think Sol could do at least that much.

2 hours ago, paulsf said:

I had a coke. Brought glass full but not the rest of can.  Half ice, half coke, steep price.

That's a boy drink. If you order a beer will they just bring you a glass?

Paul , you deserve medal for community service. Finally we have 1st hand report from there.

We need to wish them luck as obviously few things need ironing, boy selection and that drink issue although depending on size of glass can could be emptied there but you know better.

At least I'm glad boys are in my preferred age range but yes , variety is spice of life and they need twinks, truth Tawan discovered post covid and it serves them well.

Shirts are nice but lack of them is even nicer. It may be Chinese thing. The same BBB in Boyztown, everybody in shirts bar 2 or 3 . Boys told me there is up to them but do they really think being fully dressed helps them in this line of work?

On 9/21/2023 at 12:57 AM, paulsf said:

I made it to SOL gogo tonight.    Inside basicly same set up as it was with Dreamboys, except all new and modern.   And yes, the big pole is still in the middle of the stage.  Seating is black  vinyl bench type like used at FreshBoys.     Then in front of them row of single seats . Couch’s set up along the stage.    All seating seemed comfortable.    Group of 3 other customers and myself.    

About 10 guys on stage. Around 25 overall.  Rotating fairly quickly.   They were wearing white tennis type shorts and button up shirts that were colorful.  They looked nice, but if you want to see skin it will be below the knees.   1 guy was shirtless, 1 was unbuttoned.   
I think they have a ways to go in their talent hiring.  But that’s my opinion. We all have different likes and dislikes.   No twinks.   More mid to upper 20’s .  As Vinapu always says, you only need one.  There were 2 that got my attention , but a big drop off from there. 

Drinks 400.    I had a coke. Brought glass full but not the rest of can.  Half ice, half coke, steep price.  Waiter I had spoke no English.  Everything on phone.    Drink menu, Boy info.   Operating hours.   New place so really pushing boys and drinks.  No customers so lots of waiter hovering .          
I didn’t go to show. It starts at 10:20.   
They’re still doing a little work here and there.  Outside very generic, inside looks very nice.   
I guess time will tell.  

Thanks for the report. I'll check it out when I am in BKK in January, hopefully it will be a bit more settled by then.

Yesterday 1130pm I passed through boy street after dinner with friend, Wednesday night and after a rain so not that busy.

Few guys sit outside SOL bar, I ask for permission to take a look inside, almost same as old Dreamboy set up, dancing show on-going and only 1-2 groups customer, they have 2 shows per day 1020pm and mid-night, varity of show include sxcking show.

Perhaps I will take a chance to visit in Novmeber.

I understand from a reliable source that Dreamboy was nearly full for the first show Monday and managed to field about 50 on stage.

Although Sol seems to be off to a slow start, I'd like to think it can find its niche in that compact stretch of PP2.  I'm impressed that none of the bars don't seem to be having trouble finding guys to fill the ranks.

On 9/28/2023 at 7:59 PM, reader said:

I understand from a reliable source that Dreamboy was nearly full for the first show Monday and managed to field about 50 on stage.

Although Sol seems to be off to a slow start, I'd like to think it can find its niche in that compact stretch of PP2.  I'm impressed that none of the bars don't seem to be having trouble finding guys to fill the ranks.

According to my godson who works at Dreamboys, there are close to 100 guys altogether being employed. But of course not everyone is there every day. They earn 200 baht for turning up. Those who take part in shows earn more.

I have been inside but did not see show. I have seen couple ladyboys getting ready for show.   So probably some combination of boys and ladyboy acts.   Big center post has to be a hinderance to show, but Dreamboys made it work.     
As Jason mentioned, staff quality has gone up since opening week. 

Patpong was alive and well last night. I think all the heavy rains this week brought people out, and they were in a spending mood.   Bars and gogo’s had big crowds .  Lots of groups of people .               
It was a fun night to be out.  Soi 4 packed. Long line to get into DJ Station.    Offs seemed to be the order of the night.    Can they go for 2 busy nights in a row,  let’s see what Saturday brings.          

Past 2 nights I have been hanging out at Hotmale Beer Bar downstairs and ogling at Sol Bar guys during their break from rotation. But I didn't feel burning desire to enter Sol Bar to have a closer look at their guys or watch the show because I was busy having great fun with Hotmale Beer Bar waiters. Sorry @vinapu I might not be able to write a report on Sol Bar!