reader

Patpong comings and goings

Despite changes mentioned by OP in this thread, things remain the same along gay Soi Patpong.

Tuesday night but no lack of customers. In fact many were casual tourists who went inside the bars for the shows.

Hot Male beer bar downstairs remains best spot for people watching as they walk up and down the soi. And of course it's a great spot to perv at the shirtless Dreamboys guys on the balcony. Hot Male beer bar staff are as friendly and chatty as ever.

Freshboys 10.30pm show was well attended - a group of farang tourists comprising one guy and three ladies, a gay Taiwan couple, a big spender with bottle service and two Freshboys guys (who have changed out of Freshboys white shorts) and a mamasan around him and an eclectic Asian group in their 40s/50s (5 men, 3 women). The lead guy was seated with the women and dispensing tips to performers on stage. The other men called down a Freshboys guy to sit with them. Later before second show, two farang ladies came in, with one of them using crutches as her leg was in a cast. She must have heard many good things about the show because she was willing to climb up the narrow stairs to the bar!

As for Freshboys guys mostly twinks and some twunks. Many familiar faces from last year. Mamasans and waiters also same, including one lanky handsome waiter with a number tag. Show was same as well. Mix of ladyboy lip synching, shower show and big cock show (4 of them). Drinks at 400 baht.

On 6/1/2023 at 9:17 PM, vinapu said:

Forgot to add, drinks at Freshboys 400.

Yesterday visited Dreamboys, drink 500, boy drink 400. 3 rotation of boys about 12 per rotation but unfotrunstely it ,s just a number.when comes to selection I,d not be sure I entertain option of offing 3 if that much, in fact only attractive to me tired eyes was #11.

Rest it,s choice between out of shape, obese, bad teeth or ready to retire. I,m exagerrating.but not really that much

And extremely loud music to add to experience. Half an hour here was enough.

I beg to differ! I just visited Dreamboys and out of 30 guys on stage, I would take half of them. Yes, many are old timers but they are keeping themselves in shape. Music was not that loud. I found music at Jupiter to be louder. I was at 1030pm show on a Thursday night. Show is same same but opening coyote dancing is not done by professionals anymore. It's now in-house with 11 of the Dreamboys guys on stage dancing. Unfortunately, most can't dance. Kudos for effort. Rest of show was entertaining enough. Quick transition between performances. Just the right balance of drag queen diva lip synching and other performances including two big cock shows with sucking. There was a Magic Mike style dance where two hunks in police uniforms danced and e eventually stripped down. That was the highlight for me. Comparable in standard to Jupiter and Moonlight. Macho guy in high heels dancing was there as well. Many customers and had to squeeze. Main difference is no ladies in crowd unlike Jupiter which had many lady customers. I have visited 3 out of 4 bars on Soi Patpong. Left Hotmale to visit on another night.

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

I beg to differ! I just visited Dreamboys and out of 30 guys on stage, I would take half of them. 

It looks that one if us had good luck or other had bad luck.

For me Dreamboys visit was low and most disappointing  point of the trip.

But this again supports what I always advocate " go and see for yourself"

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Orange were on sale perhaps. I don't like green colour on clothes and yet for years world saw me in green parka . Why?, only green was on sale at 50% off. Tempting for piece for garment costing 300$ and this was 20 years ago 

Lol. Random silly post and equally silly reply. But this topic is for less serious discussions unlike the other topics in the forum!

On 6/6/2023 at 1:07 AM, reader said:

Cannabis shops popping up everywhere. While walking on Sukhumvit Soi 11 Sunday night, carts offering cannabis seemed  almost as frequent as food carts. I think this craze must be peaking.

certainly if the new government manages to outlaw recreational use there will be some big changes

2 hours ago, reader said:

Just about every member who has visited Bangkok has probably walked by it and never took notice. Tonight I went there for pizza for the fourth time and Alley’s Italian restaurant seems to get better each time.

Located in the alley directly opposite Moonlight, it first came to my attention in a member’s trip report over a year ago, but I can’t recall his handle. But I agree with all he wrote about this place. My favorite: the large veggie (335 bht) that comfortably feeds two hungry diners. Matched with a few big bottles of Chang, you’ll think your back in the original Madrid.

image.thumb.jpeg.77686fa1f10ba32250f8713fbf71c7bd.jpeg

I ate Thai food there and it was fine. I prefer it to Moonlight.

On 6/11/2023 at 5:08 PM, jason1975 said:

While walking around this afternoon, it just occurred to me. Why are the masseurs at Green Massage wearing orange polo shirts instead of green?

I have asked the same question before!  I asked the boys and the receptionist. No one knew the answer, but instead I got looks that sort of asked me in return: "Why are you even asking such a question? What does it matter to you what colour we (are told to) wear?" 

Lest things escalate with offence taken over this pedantic, busybody tourist, it was wiser to just leave it at that and get to the business of choosing a boy whose chief task in the room would be to discard the orange shirt (and more) post-haste.

In the space occupied pre-covid by the original Red Dragon bar (just to left of. Freshboy stairs), a new lady cocktail bar had opened.

I’d been a regular at Red Dragon because the beer was cheap and the Burmese bartender and Vietnam waiters from Freshboy were hot.

I welcome any place that brings added life to Patpong but it reminds me so much of how I miss its predecessor.

image.thumb.jpeg.a96bb8c8519af74a61ccebf3731c919b.jpeg

13 hours ago, reader said:

In the space occupied pre-covid by the original Red Dragon bar (just to left of. Freshboy stairs), a new lady cocktail bar had opened.

I’d been a regular at Red Dragon because the beer was cheap and the Burmese bartender and Vietnam waiters from Freshboy were hot.

I welcome any place that brings added life to Patpong but it reminds me so much of how I miss its predecessor.

image.thumb.jpeg.a96bb8c8519af74a61ccebf3731c919b.jpeg

New bar looks modern and classy but the straight homophobic customers will probably feel weird when they notice the Freshboys beer bar staff and customers as well as nearby Screwboys.