reader

Apollo massage Bangkok

There seems to be some nastiness in the Thai language forums. I translated a message from Apollo's Line feed - it's one of several - and this is what I saw:

"Don't believe anything too much.  Follow the massage shop review group.  It's a matter of confusion, competition, and lots of bangs.  attack each other  We also help each other.  The store doesn't care.  Customers who come to use our services will know everything well.  We do not compete with anyone, do not care about anyone, do not interfere with anyone.  We live like this and are most comfortable.  Providing good care services for our customers as always.  Our customers are the most important.  Other people, we let them pass."

I have no idea what it's all about, but we can read between the lines, I suppose.....

I saw that post too. Obviously some drama.

On 11/24/2023 at 2:01 AM, Asian traveller said:

Thanks. Looking forward to my forthcoming trip to BKK (1st time back since pandemic).

As a tourist, does anyone know how the requirement for a bank transfer work? I see someone mentioned that they require a deposit to be paid. 

Thanks

I think if you just tell them you are a visitor without a Thai bank account it won't be a problem. Just make sure you show up on time. I had to cancel an appointment once due to illness and the shop was not happy about it telling me that in the future I would need to pay a deposit.

21 hours ago, fedssocr said:

I saw that post too. Obviously some drama.

I think if you just tell them you are a visitor without a Thai bank account it won't be a problem. Just make sure you show up on time. I had to cancel an appointment once due to illness and the shop was not happy about it telling me that in the future I would need to pay a deposit.

Thanks, I appreciate the answer

The photo is not the clearest, but good enough to make out that Apollo Massage now lists a guy of African ancestry. What is interesting though is that the requested tips are 3,000 baht for 1 hour and 3,500 baht for 1.5 hours, (I presume in-house).

Not only are Apollo guys generally asking for higher tips than the Saphan Khwai places, as seen from their Line app sample, Dre is asking for twice higher.

image.png.c5686b68ae0d9172178ced0652257f5b.png

(Explanation: He is said to be 1.80m tall, weigh 78 kg and fits a condom of size 56, and he is top)

Most boys advertised by Apollo offer three tip levels, e.g. "15/17/25" where the third figure indicates an outcall rate, but not this guy. Maybe no ID, so too risky to enter hotels?

You can see my November 2023 review of Apollo here: https://shamelessmacktwo.travel.blog/2023/12/10/easy-come/

The shop is easy to deal with and to get guys for outcall. Their prices for me are about the same as outcall for other places. For other places in Saphan Kwai, they charge 1000 to shop and minimum of 2500 to 3000 for guy for out calls. Not much difference IMHO.

But, the in call is different. I personally like incalls at Jey Spa. Very clean and private baths.

27 minutes ago, TotallyOz said:

But, the in call is different. I personally like incalls at Jey Spa. Very clean and private baths.

Then you may want to give 365River a try. New building, ensuite showers. Very clean as well. Quiet neighbourhood; easy access from Bang Pho MRT station (in fact right under the station platform).

Note of caution: my one and only experience was that the service sucked, though it's the luck of the draw with the boys.

45 minutes ago, jason1975 said:

I haven't been to Apollo. I want to ask do the guys go naked from the beginning or only midway during the massage?

Only been there once, though good enough that I'd repeat when there's an opportunity. In that one time, my guy was nude from the start, and transitioned to body-to-body midway. That said, I don't know if that is just the guy I hired (whose face is no longer among the pictures that Apollo sends out, so I guess he has quit), or if it is house policy. 

In the Saphan Khwai places for example, I have yet to discern any house policy, for example. Technique and service standard vary from one guy to the next, and it's likely because the boys are freelancers.

Frankly, this is something that the client can indicate, if the place is more brothel than massage. Since the boy is anyway going to remove his shorts midway, I doubt that he'd be offended if, at the very start, the client made some hand gestures that signal him to dispense with textile right away. He should only be delighted at the assurances of "special service required"  and tip that are implied.

I just glanced up at the pic of Baller again, and now I think he's more Iranian or Indian. Perhaps he is from the localised Indian community of Thailand (which may explain his speaking Thai).