Truncheon

Burmese & Vietnam Bar/Massage Boys

Where have all the Thai Boys gone? burmese workers are the worst i have expierenced in 25 years of coming here, their service is below zero, 1 burmese guy from homespa saphan khai, refused to look at me, while touching me, & refused to let me look at him,  on a 2nd occasion there another 1, i picked refused to work with me a white person, i then picked a thai guy, who as usual was great, burma guys have a real problem with gay people, so why the hell are they working in gay places, most of them have owl tattoos on their chest, yet none of them are wise, vietnam guys are terrible too, more money or menaces with them, the best guys in thailand are thai or laos guys & they are both non existant, atleast the cute ones are, they all seem to be working in these silly host bars on TikTok where male and females go.

A new member's first post and he's bad mouthing Burmese, Lao and Vietnamese guys across the board. Absolutely ridiculous.This is another hoax.

There are few posters here with more recent experience in Saphan Kwai and Silom area shops than me and my experiences have been the total opposite.

I can recommend K-Man, KK Massage and One Spa in Saphan Kwai without hesitation, and any shop in the Silom-Surawong rectangle.

10 minutes ago, reader said:

A new member's first post and he's bad mouthing Burmese, Lao and Vietnamese guys across the board. Absolutely ridiculous.This is another hoax.

There are few posters here with more recent experience in Saphan Kwai and Silom area shops than me and my experiences have been the total opposite.

I can recommend K-Man, KK Massage and One Spa in Saphan Kwai without hesitation, and any shop in the Silom-Surawong rectangle.

I said both Thai & Laos guys where great, try reading my post, both burmese and vietnam have bad reputation with thai locals & they don't off them, & i can see why, foreigners, most newbies have no idea how great it was when bars were full of cute thais or laos guys, now they are full of burmese guys who neither like gays & find it deeply offensive to their culture. in 25 years of living in thailand, i think i should have grasp of the scene here.

1 hour ago, reader said:

The only thing you have a grasp of is the misinformation and bigotry you've posted here. I frequently select Burmese guys and have yet to be dissatisfied.

Well maybe you have been very fortunate with Burmese guys, both my times were a disaster & mamasuns are extremely negative in talking about them or vietnamese, they tell me thai customers will not off them, they know better, so i fail to see how customers can be happy with them, i have also stayed in Burma for a short time, i found the people there the most unsociable i have ever seen in the world,

possibly from their decades of abuse under the Junta, something you do not take into account in their behaviour with foreigners, likewise the vietnamese have been severly damaged with wars.

Not all people are the same, please try looking deeper into the troubles of the countries they originate from & it might explain their troubled personalites, my point being is they are not suitable people to be working in gay bars or message parlours, their communist cultures & upbringing is negative to gays, a further example of communism behaviour to gays is Russia, need i say more.

10 minutes ago, floridarob said:

And there may lie the reason, the common denominator....you 😲

well in 25 years here i've had fantastic times with thais & my 4 negative encounters here, have been with 2 burmese & 2 vietnam, maybe its thier communism & coming from war savaged countries, maybe that's why they are a bit cuckoo, & a thai guy who took the burmese guys place was great, its not me, its foreign workers not being trained properly, i go to these places to unwind not to be stressed out by untrained foreign workers, Thailand is the land of smiles, Burma is the land of misery & wars, i guess thats why they are so grumpy, but i'm not paying for grumpy faces & their wars are not my problem. Burmese workers are causing alot of troubles in thaland & putting alot of thais out of work, since the war their are millions here.

8 hours ago, Truncheon said:

please try looking deeper into the troubles of the countries they originate from & it might explain their troubled personalites, my point being is they are not suitable people to be working in gay bars or message parlours, their communist cultures & upbringing is negative to gays, a further example of communism behaviour to gays is Russia, need i say more.

What a load of utter trash! Troubled personalities a result of their governments? Absolute nonsense! Which planet do you live on?

Mea culpa; an entire phrase was omitted from my post. It should have read; "As for character being based on the conduct of the government of the country...."

In truth , I'm a sort of a patriot in a left-wing sort of way, at least when it comes to our cultural legacy. It's just those d**n politicians I can't stand. Which must also be true for Cambodians at the moment.

I do not discriminate between nationalities, only performance, and I have had good times with all the nationalities mentioned.  Occasional dud, but I don't even ask what nationality they are. I had a great Burmese guy in Singapore!

On a related issue, I have a friend in Bangkok, American, retired, who told me last week, while enjoying Soi 4,  that he cannot believe how racist some farang retirees are. He cited, for example, a member of this forum, who has lived in BKK for many years. 

It's the same everywhere with some British expats. Some living is Spain claim they are there because of the "Blacks". Historically, some expats in Rhodesia, now Zimbabwe, and Kenya thought they were there to teach the "natives" how to live,  others went to Palestine because "God gave them the land three thousand years ago...it says so in the Bible" and replaced, or tried to replace the indigenous population.

The history of British colonialism is a tragic one and the attitudes it engendered are still very much with us. Including in Parliament.

The Thais are fortunate that most of the expats- at least the ones I  know- are there out of love for the people and respect for the culture.

In my experience, and it might not be as extensive as others on here, but nationality isn't really the thing that divides people. They're just lines on a map, defined either by how wars ended, or how some white european decided to slice up land during colonalism. Nationalists like to project the idea of a national culture... but in reality it is always a mixing pot of different, sometimes similar, cultures.

When it comes to people, who they are and how they treat with you depends on so many different factors. Pretending it can be easily be explained by nationality alone is just fooling oneself.

47 minutes ago, omega said:

In my experience, and it might not be as extensive as others on here, but nationality isn't really the thing that divides people. They're just lines on a map, defined either by how wars ended, or how some white european decided to slice up land during colonalism. Nationalists like to project the idea of a national culture... but in reality it is always a mixing pot of different, sometimes similar, cultures.

When it comes to people, who they are and how they treat with you depends on so many different factors. Pretending it can be easily be explained by nationality alone is just fooling oneself.

With reference to my comment about racism among farang, in Bangkok, l understand that nationality is German.