barcelona92

money boys

october will be my first time going thailand , and i would like to know if the money boys from the apps have diferent prices depending the city. and could you orient me in how much i should pay in bkk, pattaya and chiang may for mb of apps , and host bars.

muchas gracias.

The rates are for Bangkok,at other places like Pattaya and Chiang Mai ST min. 1000 Bht LT min.1500 Bht. Popular guys will charge more ,If the distance between you two is far away the cost will be higher to compensate for the time arriving to you and cost of the transport, sometimes you can find guys quoting very low price because they are not professional money boys or Because they are desperate for cash .

11 hours ago, floridarob said:

And there's the other end of the spectrum....guys asking for ridiculous amounts, yet still desperate for cash 😉

TBF, I'm not sure how desperate for cash I would need to be to offer sexual services at not ridiculous amounts.

Then again, I very much doubt I would be in high demand even if I did :)

On 8/2/2023 at 4:15 AM, Boy69 said:

The rates are for Bangkok,at other places like Pattaya and Chiang Mai ST min. 1000 Bht LT min.1500 Bht. Popular guys will charge more ,If the distance between you two is far away the cost will be higher to compensate for the time arriving to you and cost of the transport, sometimes you can find guys quoting very low price because they are not professional money boys or Because they are desperate for cash .

Sometimes the guys quote low prices because they are trying to scam the customer. Just never know. But best to tell them ID is required by security. If they claim they have lost ID, etc, then do not take them.

7 hours ago, 12is12 said:

I've travelled to over 70 countries on all continents. Have never been approached by anyone who looked or talked or behaved as a very hungry person would

You are choosing your destinations carefully. Sometimes  all it takes is walking 2 blocks away from the  main drag to be in very different world, even in very prosperous places. 

Vinapu, I didnt claim there r no hungry people. There r too many of them; in fact, their number is increasing again. Hundreds of millions. 

As I've noted twice before, on threads dealing with rates: I dont haggle with MBs; I give them what they ask, and if a tip is warranted - it's relatively generous. That's my contribution to the redistribution of wealth btw the 1st world and the 3rd.

Also regarding non-sex service people.

When I was spending some time at the University in Kingston Jamaica in 1970 I recall throwing away  the remnants of a Kentucky-type Chicken take away. The bin was surrounded by a group of children and the detritus removed and eaten.

Anyone recall the fate of Sebastian, the gay sex-tourist, in Tennessee Williams's "Suddenly Last Summer"?

Scandinavian approach to prostitution is thats all bad and explotation. Thats naive. When young guy or girl has a choice to work in a warehouse or a bar 46 hours a week and get ca 100 eur salary, and the alternative is to sleep overnight with a guy (and most likely to get a restaurant dinner and maybe even some gifts) and receive the same compensation - is prostitution so bad choice from their perspective? Lets put the conventional moral aside.

Modern feminist theory supports gay prostitution in certain cases. If you are in Africa or some other super conservative place and the society tells you that you are discusting and dont deserve a life, and then american daddy says you are so beautiful that I want to pay you in order to be with you and have sex with you, then this can at least create some hope and improve self esteam (and maybe even a reason to stay alive).

Very few people can do 24 h a day things that brings them only joy. Most jobs in West are not particularly fun but also not killingly awful.

All in all, I see ample of benefits when wealthy guys visit the less wealthy guys.

10 minutes ago, Tomtravel said:

When young guy or girl has a choice to work in a warehouse or a bar 46 hours a week and get ca 100 eur salary, and the alternative is to sleep overnight with a guy (and most likely to get a restaurant dinner and maybe even some gifts) and receive the same compensation - is prostitution so bad choice from their perspective?

I already aid it before quoting my father " prostitution is work like any other and at least is not dusty"

I recently received a message from one of the Jomtien bar guys I had twice offed back in jan, asking for money. He had sent one also in feb, as I think we agree - many of them do almost automatically. I twice declined.

This time he wrote he had no patrons for 3 months. Does anyone know if J had indeed fallen on bad times? Seasonal or exceptional? 

Does this examplify the famous result of crying "wolf" too often?

18 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Pattaya is in the midst of a horrific low season. I can't even reply to all my LINE messages right now. Lots of the working boys are struggling. A boy I have had a soft spot for, for over a year, told me he will come over and stay for 300b or I take him to dinner. I did both.. but beside the point. I took a Cambodian boy in for a few days who became homeless because he had no money to pay his room. 
I was rewarded with what I want. So where they. Ying Yang. 

I haven't been in Thailand during summer for many years.

But during shoulder season, all I ever get is general whining, but never a concrete offer. 

A friend gets hit for mobile phones far more often than I do.

Seems everyone has different experiences.

5 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

Pattaya is EXTREMELY QUIET. As for no customer for 3 months? Hmm. If he is even remotely cute I doubt he's being honest. Even the average boys get drinks and tips most days, but that only really covers eating ect.

Low season is a known event. I have little pity for someone who stays in this profession or location during low season, knowing it's low season. Of course, it could be his first low season.

During the first months of Covid, I was quite generous in sending money to boys I have known for longer. But after that, "known event".

I spend summer in Germany and the rest of the year in SEAsia for the weather. Known event.