Terry4

Are you going bareback now.?

If your taking Prep are you now ditching the condoms?

I admit most of my last holiday I had bareback sex and it was my first time in years .

All I can describe the feeling is more pleasurable sensation as you can feel the warmness of the cock as its pumping your ass.

Most boys didnt blow their load inside me and instead withdrew to blow over my face or chest,

Of course their are still risks regardless if your on medication but I love natural and Im not going back to the rubber feel ,not after the pleasure I experienced with bareback cock.

Had a 711 guy on one of the apps fuck me bareback , he was hesitant at first but after meeting/hiring him a few times he finally fucked me natural on the third visit asking no extra money.

Disturbing or not, worth a discussion. 

Have to remember (and correct me if I am wrong)  Prep only protects the one who is using it...right? so if someone is using Prep but unbeknown to him he already has HIV then he can still pass it on to his sexual partner if the latter is not using  Prep and they go bareback... yes?

By the way anyone know the cost of Prep per month? I have asked around some say as low as 700 baht per month others say a few thousand per month?

And any side effects from anyone here who is using Prep?

At the moment I will stay with condoms but i am open to change my mind...

I would love to dispense with rubbers during my next visit to Pattaya and it’s now tempting to do this with the advent of prep.

When I first discovered Thailand as a gay destination nearly 20 years ago I was 100% top. I fucked a lot of boys bare back and loved the pleasure and especially the cum inside. I was very lucky and escaped Scott free of any disease HIV or other. I only recall a couple of boys refusing. After two visits to Pattaya and talking to others and reading about the scourge of HIV I reformed and practiced safe anal sex. Now I’m mostly bottom and it’s would be great to experience a boys cock inside me and feel his cum, but this would be tempered by the worry of the other STI’s.

The only side effects I was getting was nausea in the first weeks of taking it.

Travellerdave once your on Prep you will never go bsck to the rubber, the feel of the most handsome boy cock penetrating you skin to skin is a pleasure you will never believe and the most sexiest boy cunming inside you

As for other diseases you can be vaccinated against Hep B & A , and if your currently not I suggest you did quickfast.

I would add that many of the girls on Soi 6 (the well-known soi of 60+ short time bars) will go bareback, either as a matter of course or on request. Some will use it as a means of enticing customers in low season, others will demand a premium on the usual 1k baht short time rate there.

Regular, often younger, guys on Soi 6 will even often in chat refer to a girl as a 'condom nazi' if she insists on their use, And before you say it, many of the same Soi 6 girls will offer anal - again to entice or up the fee. 

I would also observe that, outside of 'work' our little Thai friends of all genders usually shag like rabbits amongst themselves and there the use of condoms is a rarity. The one lad I know with HIV got it from a fellow Thai, not a customer. 

I say all this as an observation rather than a justification or not for the use of condoms,

Personally I still get through boxes of the damn things each holiday - even though I loath them with a passion.

My doctor made me get Hiv and other tests before going on it.

A lot of you will have to get used to times changing again, I didnt approve prep for sex , I guess the WHO did.

It wont be long as more Anti Hiv medicine comes out onto the market , I already see a lot of guys on the apps Grindr etc saying their on Prep.

Actually im a botton so im more at risk than the top.

Safe sex is hardly wearing a condom that can break? I prefer the medication.

Sorry guys but times are changing and many young ones now say " safe sex" is when your on prep.

There are many things we dont agree with as we get older but to keep up we need to change with it.

If HIV is the only disease that we should be worry about, I think bareback sex with prep sounds wonderful. I would imagine those with this mentality would be visiting doctors regularly, taking lots of doses of antibiotics to treat for those treatable STD until there comes a day when one catches one of the superbugs.

Disturbing or not, worth a discussion. 

Yes, but the discussion should be around safe sex and the use of such drugs as exist to make sex even safer.  BY the very nature of this board we are discussing promiscuous sex. I love it as much as anyone but I make efforts to keep not only myself safe but the boy as well. 

To open the question of prep and use such a marvelous advance in medicine as a license to put the boys at risk is an existential threat to our way of life.

Yes, Jasper - God bless you: "What about the boys???"

Would one consider oral sex without condom less risky than riding bareback since in both scenarios the active organ is inside a cavity lined by mucosal linings that can easily break and be bathed in fluids that can potentially carry all sorts of bacteria and viruses etc?

In some scenes in Japanese gay sex videos, the actors are seen using a thick, ropy gel around the anus and inside the rectum when going bareback. Perhaps the consistency and the chemical composition of the gel have anti-bacterial/viral properties. They all appear to be having a jolly good time horsing around.

I love natural and Im not going back to the rubber feel ,not after the pleasure I experienced with bareback cock.

The choice of bb or condom is clearly an individual one. But PREP is not 100% safe. There is still a possibility that the HIV virus will get through the PREP defences.

Also it seems you are not aware of the statistics re msm in Thailand, especially in Bangkok. In its June 2018 Report AVERT, the global information on HIV and AIDS website, states that the prevalence of HIV amongst msm in Bangkok is over 28%! Even if a guy comes on your back or somewhere else, the chances are high that he is still leaving other fluids inside you.

https://www.avert.org/professionals/hiv-around-world/asia-pacific/thailand

A lot of you will have to get used to times changing again, I didnt approve prep for sex , I guess the WHO did.

The WHO guidelines do not state that PREP stops HIV transmission. Nor do the CDC guidelines which clearly state -

When taken consistently, PrEP has been shown to reduce the risk of HIV infection in people who are at high risk by up to 92%

Up to 92% indicates it could be less than 92%. Even at an 8% chance of transmission, I am certainly not going to use PREP instead of a condom. Sure condoms can break, but how often has that happened to any member here. It happened to me once around 1989. I now always use Japanese condoms which are extremely thin and have never broken. I am not prepared to take risks with either my life or my partners life.

My doctor made me get Hiv and other tests before going on it.

It wont be long as more Anti Hiv medicine comes out onto the market , I already see a lot of guys on the apps Grindr etc saying their on Prep.

Actually im a botton so im more at risk than the top.

Safe sex is hardly wearing a condom that can break? I prefer the medication.

Sorry guys but times are changing and many young ones now say " safe sex" is when your on prep.

There are many things we dont agree with as we get older but to keep up we need to change with it.

U are mixing two separate things. Taking prep doesnt means its not a goood practice of safe sex, but taking prep alone is not enough. Its a protection again only hiv, and hiv alone, and as pointed by others, also not 100% protection.

And when you yourself said that some boys are reluctant to go bareback with you but obliged after few times, its clearly because they are afraid if they dont, u will no longer use their services, hence them losing a customer.

Now if the boy willingly wanted to go bareback without any coercion from money, then its really none of our busineses if u and the boy want to do it au naturale.

If accepting changes as u claim means putting oneself in danger and also putting another guy also in danger, i guess ill be the odd ones.

And finally, but far from least, the boys. All the ones I have offed for many years have understood safe sex and want to practice it. I respect that wish. I think we should all respect it.

In a sane world this "and finally" would have been enough.  I'm nearly 70 and lived through this as well, being in New York when broadway began to die.......... this entire discussion has saddened me greatly.

..... as we get older but to keep up we need to change with it.

I wonder how many of those young ones will not have a chance to be older and see how it is keeping with change because of that new definition or rather   diefinition  of safe sex. 

But at least we should be grateful to you for initiating that discussion above and congratulate ourselves  that whatever our opinion is , we managed to keep it civil and on the subject.

This thread is a candidate to Timeless forum I suggest

I have thought for some time now that if I were to go to Thailand for an extended period (I'm talking 3 months or longer here) I would go to the clinic and get tested and also get PrEP, not as a replacement but as an added layer of protection. I have never had the experience of bareback sex with another guy and may never unless I end up in a monogamous relationship and only then after the full testing regime has proven us both to be negative.

In other words, no matter how they feel I will be using condoms for quite some time, even when I go with the girls. Happy to say that whenever it has come to anal sex the guys in Bangkok that I have been with have all asked if I brought condoms with me and at no stage has any of them even tried to get me to go bare. When with the guys there I bottom most of the time and only rarely top.

And finally, but far from least, the boys. All the ones I have offed for many years have understood safe sex and want to practice it. I respect that wish. I think we should all respect it.

In a sane world this "and finally" would have been enough. I'm nearly 70 and lived through this as well, being in New York when broadway began to die.......... this entire discussion has saddened me greatly.

im sorry it saddens you but Prep is new and changing the World in the gay community especially for the young gay guys, I agree some of them will be irresponsible and msybe Prep should even be used with a condom BUT myself as a fully aged adult has the right with another adult to choose what we do it the bedroom.

The point is and I do know where most of you are coming from, is now anti hiv medications such as Prep will be marketed to the mostly young gay community as " safe sex when their is still a risk so condoms will be on the way out.

I even seen Prep being advertised at a young gay rave party.

Now personally not all I had in Thailand were money boys some were older guys well past 40 and 50yo, im sure they can make their own decision regarding using prep and natural sex.

Prep is a wonferful thing in some ways but its the future and all adults have the right to use it just as some of us may disagree , some agree.