spoon

Trip Report Christmas and New Year 2.0 Rinse and Repeat

26 minutes ago, Jasper said:

As far as I know, Hollywood movies with dubbed Thai language has NO English subtitles in movie theatres unlike DVDs whereas original English movies has Thai subtitles.

Thai movies in Thai language has English subtitles.

I let boys choose movies and often they choose Thai audio. lol

Thanks for noticing that. I checked the website again and seems like i am limited tk either thai movies or non english movies to have the option of thai audio with english subs. Current selection includes Ip man 4. Or i can watch movies that i already watch since really watching movies is not my main agenda anyway lol

14 minutes ago, spoon said:

Funny thing about D though, when he texted me, he will say I miss your ass rather than i miss u lol. 

at least it gives his statement a lot of credibility as " I miss you " is so standard claim by boys that probably even newbies to Thailand don't believe that.

25 minutes ago, vinapu said:

at least it gives his statement a lot of credibility as " I miss you " is so standard claim by boys that probably even newbies to Thailand don't believe that.

When a boy says "I miss you" he 

usually means he miss your money.Lol.

4 hours ago, spoon said:

At the gate, i noticed one middle age gay asian had his eye fixed towards Y when he passed by, obviously impressed at his handsome look and great body lol. Once we are seated, I told Y that a guy is obviously thinks he is handsome.

not only that guy thinks so,  # me too hence my private nick for him -"'Handsome Cambodian"'

4 hours ago, spoon said:

Y nonchalantly asked me if I see any girl looked at him as well lol. 

now he should be called ' Handsome Witty Cambodian "

The real day 13 - Bangkok tourist revisit 2.0 

I just realized I've been skipping 1 day on the labelling (skipped day 6), so from day 7 onwards, need to change the label to one day behind. Anyway, Ive been chatting with another forum member, @Syphion, who will come to bangkok for the first time. He told me he met with Divinemadmen already and interested to join the meeting yesterday but he left his phone and didnt noticed my text. At midnight, he texted me when im in moonlight saying sorry, and he asked if im free tomorrow, and i said yes, and we are set to meet tonight, at 8pm same place, red dragon bar. 

In the morning, Syphion told me he finally got a chance to do touristy stuff today. I dont really have any plan today so i asked if he would like to meet and i can bring him around the shopping mall icon siam as well as few other interesting place along the river. He is down for it so we plan to meet at Saphan thaksin BTS around 9.30am as our hotels isnt that close from each other. Syphion took the tuktuk thinking its quicker, and says the name of the BTS station, but instead the tuktuk bring him to the nearest BTS, and he needs to take the BTS to Saphan thaksin. I told him ive never took tuktuk in Bangkok, as i believe they are one of the tourist trap in Bangkok though in some other area, you dont have much choice but to hire tuktuk (hua hin for example).

We finally met at the BTS station and went down to queue for the Iconsiam free shuttle. Its still early morning, so the queue isnt long and weather wise is also not so hot. At Iconsiam, we went around the ground floor street food and floating market and Syphion jokingly said he can write off floating market experience now lol. We buy some deserts, and after seeing the dance show somewhere in the middle of the market, we decided to explore the rest of the mall. Of course, I brought him to the garden terrace outside the Apple stores, and we also go all the way up to the exhibition halls floor, where there is a photography exhibition going on. After that, we went back to the ground floor for lunch. 

After that, we wanted to take the boat to Wat Arun, but we both was busy chatting and missed the stop lol. So we go to Grand palace instead at the next stop. Syphion says he is not interested to go inside the grand palace nor Wat Pho, so we just walked towards Tha Thien Pier and took the ferry to cross to Wat Arun. We spend some time here for picture taking and after that we went back to Sathorn pier and went seperate ways. Syphion wanted to sleep for the night, and i went to silom and decided to try one of the massage places. 

I walked along suriwong, and just wanted to have a foot massage and saw one few guy in front of Mantra massage and decided to try this place. The guy bring me up to second floor, and there is no sofa for foot massage, so he brings me to the matress on the floor, usually for thai massage. He did try to persuade me to change to body massage, but im not in the mood, and havent really showered yet, and dont think i want to take a shower there. Only curtains seperating other mattresses, and there is already another customer inside. The foot massage was actually really good and last quite a while too and the masseur moved to giving HJ without stopping to ask or negotiate tips. Alas, he didnt speak much english at all, so its a bit hard to get me in the mood, and its not for lack of trying. I still tip him for the effort but not as much as i would had it been enjoyable.

Went back to hotel after to freshen up and out for dinner before heading to Red dragon for another forum member meet up. 

2 hours ago, spoon said:

... we wanted to take the boat to Wat Arun, but we both was busy chatting and missed the stop lol.

I'd never think such a treat is at all possible although I know somebody ( not a forum member thankfully) who had a problem finding MahaNakhon after  alighting at ChongNonsi from BTS. I'm kidding you not.

World is slowly coming to an end I guess.

37 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I'd never think such a treat is at all possible although I know somebody ( not a forum member thankfully) who had a problem finding MahaNakhon after  alighting at ChongNonsi from BTS. I'm kidding you not.

World is slowly coming to an end I guess.

The boat only stopped for a while and there is not many alighted at wat arun at that time, so if we want to get out there, we need to wait at the back. But yeah, we were busy sitting at the front talking about boys lol