floridarob

With these requirements , I doubt I'll be seeing Thailand anytime soon

1 hour ago, 10tazione said:

I wonder which countries issue a vaccination certificate including the passport number?

I did not see that requirement anywhere in the link posted by Florida Rob even when searching all instances of the word "passport".

I already have my NHS vaccine certificate downloaded and filed ready for whenever I do the paperwork for the next holiday.   I expect it will be sufficient.

6 hours ago, Lonnie said:

Seems they are real anxious to resume having tourists. :sorry:

I know a guy who lives there with his Thai wife, and he keeps posting photos of them at beautiful deserted resorts. I'm not a people person so it looks like paradise to me.

1 hour ago, 10tazione said:

Because the text was in a picture, passport no. and nationality it is actually:

Thank you.    I missed that.

When it comes down to planning a trip in the covid era, it's time to join the relevant Facebook discussion group to check what other people are doing.  I dislike Facebook, but if that's where the information is, that's where I need to go when planning a trip.   Then avoid it the rest of the year.

A quick check on the Facebook "Phuket Sandbox" group shows several reports of the UK vaccine certificate being accepted, despite no passport number. 

Also comments about numerous other countries with no passport number on the vaccination certificate, including Thailand.

1 hour ago, z909 said:

Thank you.    I missed that.

When it comes down to planning a trip in the covid era, it's time to join the relevant Facebook discussion group to check what other people are doing.  I dislike Facebook, but if that's where the information is, that's where I need to go when planning a trip.   Then avoid it the rest of the year.

A quick check on the Facebook "Phuket Sandbox" group shows several reports of the UK vaccine certificate being accepted, despite no passport number. 

Also comments about numerous other countries with no passport number on the vaccination certificate, including Thailand.

Glad to hear thailand will accept vaccine certs without passport number. Do u know if a digital certification has been accepted as well?

3 hours ago, 10tazione said:

Because the text was in a picture, passport no. and nationality it is actually:

493721445_Thai-HEL-Page-4-Kopie.thumb.jpg.9f6d431c7dd7d54cf7cac00d967f77a8.jpg

It does say here that if the authority cant verify its authenticity, it might not be accepted. Most vaccine certificate will have some identification details, like a national ID, and your passport will have these ID number too.

4 hours ago, spoon said:

like a national ID, and your passport will have these ID number too.

nope, my national ID has absolutely nothing to do with my passport and vice versa. The ID number does not appear in the passport in any shape or form whatsoever. But the vaccination certificate will be checked by the local Thai embassy/consulate, which will be aware of that and one can present them the national ID for verification purposes if need be.

Having said that, my vaccination certificate doesn't even include the ID number, just name and date of birth. 

I too have the UK Vaccination Certificate. After seeing the above posts I had a good read of it.

As said no Passport number.

In addition mine omits my middle name.

No letterhead.

And nothing at all on it to say it is issued by the UK!

It could be from anywhere although it does mention NHS on it. That would be meaningless to any petty Thai official.

Well, either Thailand accepts the vaccine certificates issued by other countries, or it doesn't get any tourist revenue.

Somehow, I think Thailand will accept the vaccine certificates.    That's certainly what's happening to contributors to the F***book sandpit page.

The most likely threat to our winter holiday is not the paperwork, but the Thai covid outbreak.    Even that ought to be heading in the right direction by December.

I could amuse myself by adding the passport number to the certificate, but this is probably not a good idea.    

6 hours ago, anddy said:

nope, my national ID has absolutely nothing to do with my passport and vice versa. The ID number does not appear in the passport in any shape or form whatsoever. But the vaccination certificate will be checked by the local Thai embassy/consulate, which will be aware of that and one can present them the national ID for verification purposes if need be.

Having said that, my vaccination certificate doesn't even include the ID number, just name and date of birth. 

Interesting to know this. My vaccine cert does have my full name and ID lol. But still lack passport number. Foreigners here will definitely have their passport number in the vaccine cert as they are using their passport number as their ID.

I wonder how thailand vaccine certificate looks like. Hopefully it does have passport number in it for their locals. 

5 hours ago, spoon said:

I wonder how thailand vaccine certificate looks like. Hopefully it does have passport number in it for their locals. 

I doubt, like in every country most people don't travel abroad ,  don't even have passport and likely never will 

15 minutes ago, vinapu said:

I doubt, like in every country most people don't travel abroad ,  don't even have passport and likely never will 

Then why do they expect other countries to include such information on the vaccine certificate if they dont do that themselves? Just a point to ponder hehe

On 8/7/2021 at 8:12 AM, spoon said:

Then why do they expect other countries to include such information on the vaccine certificate if they dont do that themselves? Just a point to ponder hehe

because it would be useful and handy for Thai immigration staff in order to check the identity. "It's useful, so we require it", they say, of course as often being clueless about what other countries nay or may not issue. 

So the ultimate answer to your question about "why" is: TiT

10 minutes ago, anddy said:

because it would be useful and handy for Thai immigration staff in order to check the identity. "It's useful, so we require it", they say, of course as often being clueless about what other countries nay or may not issue. 

So the ultimate answer to your question about "why" is: TiT

I was expecting TIT haha.

11 hours ago, abidismaili said:

If tourism ever opens again we need to sleep in the streets because by then all hotels are broke and closed. Anyone knows some good outdoor spots in Pattaya where I can sleep when I finally can go on vacation again? 

If hotel closed, airbnb will flourish without competition. 

15 minutes ago, spoon said:

If hotel closed, airbnb will flourish without competition. 

Unfortunately Thailand banned airbnb.  As far as I know it is still banned.  Thailand also banned guesthouses and the like from renting less than 30 days.

If you ask me why they did any of this, I know only two likely answers.  The first is "I don't know" and it is on my "I Don't Get It list."  The second would be somehow somebody's brother-in-law is substantially profiting by this.