Pandaman89

Go Go Boys in Thailand

21 minutes ago, orson said:

Bite your tongue. There's no such thing as an ugly cock. Lol

You mean you've never seen a cock totally deformed by silicone or a cock with"mook" (pearls) under the skin?

Grotesque!

I've had some nasty surprises over the years so I always check to see if the cock is "original", as the guys say, before I commit to an off.  

I retired from my long term employment in 2002 with a good pension and health plus available money.  I planned to travel and take numerous holidays, which not possible in full time employment.  Being gay I had visited European resorts (playa del ingles. Benidorm etc) and had heard rumours and stories about Thailand, and of course I ended up,there, commencing with 3 weeks in Pattaya. I took full advantage of the thriving gay scene, particularly whilst the exchange rate was 73 baht = £1. No advice was available from websites then, like that Pandaman has just been given, -,you just learnt by experience and making mistakes. 

When I first began coming to Bangkok it was not all that uncommon to run into embedded mooks and pearls in my experience. After about 3-4 years, their popularity waned. I'd think the guys you might find them with now are probably in their 30's and 40's.

Oddly, the men who did have them tended to be those who didn't need them to increase the illusion of length. They were added to increase girth with the hopes of providing greater satisfaction to their female partners. It wasn't my impression that they caught on in the gay community nearly to the same extent.

• Members
4 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

I retired from my long term employment in 2002 with a good pension and health plus available money.  I planned to travel and take numerous holidays, which not possible in full time employment.  Being gay I had visited European resorts (playa del ingles. Benidorm etc) and had heard rumours and stories about Thailand, and of course I ended up,there, commencing with 3 weeks in Pattaya. I took full advantage of the thriving gay scene, particularly whilst the exchange rate was 73 baht = £1. No advice was available from websites then, like that Pandaman has just been given, -,you just learnt by experience and making mistakes. 

Congratulations on your 80th birthday today!!  I hope you continue to enjoy Thailand.

As reader says, penile implants - often badly done by the guys themselves- seem popular only with straight guys. And as we know, there are many straight guys working in gogo bars.

I'll never forget a guy I was intending to off first phoning his wife from the bar to tell her he'd be spending the night with me. I thought it was a joke - and a funny one at that!

Pearls were very popular with Japanese yakuza so maybe that's where the trend in Thailand started.

Z909, I hope you never ever see a cock deformed by the injection of silicone. The girth is huge, which makes the cock head look ridiculously small by comparison. If badly done, the cock loses its shape and becomes just a blob of meat. 

There was a very handsome guy in Super A who I had come and sit with me. I was horrified when he pulled his briefs down to reveal the ugliest cock I'd ever seen. He told me he regretted what he had done but said all the guys in his village were doing it so he just followed. He told me "Farang don't like." 

I made a few enquiries to see if the silicone could be removed but was told once it is there, you can't do anything about it.

14 hours ago, orson said:

others already commented , those  unfortunate guys are still in business here and there including 2 I had luck to off last trip. Not complaining though as they has other qualities making them attractive companions 

15 hours ago, orson said:

Have you never seen a Filipino with a cock that looks like it's been put through the ringer as a result of some botched circumcision ceremony done by an unqualified quack in the countryside? Not merely a sight for sore eyes, sadly a boy definitely not to spend time with.

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

Have you never seen a Filipino with a cock that looks like it's been put through the ringer as a result of some botched circumcision ceremony done by an unqualified quack in the countryside? Not merely a sight for sore eyes, sadly a boy definitely not to spend time with.

I used to have a preference for circumcised cocks and thought I would prefer Filipinos because of it, after seeing both Filipino and Thai cock I will take the uncut Thai any day. Some of those Filipino cocks look terrible. 

3 hours ago, TMax said:

I used to have a preference for circumcised cocks and thought I would prefer Filipinos because of it, after seeing both Filipino and Thai cock I will take the uncut Thai any day. Some of those Filipino cocks look terrible. 

And pretty small. They use improvised cock rings in the gay bars in Manila to make it look big. But once it is off, you'll be lucky if he has 4 inches left. 

They are completely off-putting, I agree, but I don't think they're botched circumcision jobs. I've read that that is the traditional way circumcision is done in the Philippines; it's a different procedure from the Judeo-Muslim way. Apparently, a slit is made in the prepuce and the skin is just left to hang loose like flaps or like wattles under a turkey's throat. I've seen a few (thankfully not too many) but they were so disgusting, I never could bring myself to take a closer look (for my education).

Apparently, the same method of circumcision is/was common across Polynesia, I read, but whether slit-circumcision is current or has died out, I don't know.

• Members
10 hours ago, TMax said:

Some of those Filipino cocks look terrible.

It's called a Tuli  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tuli_(rite)

Tuli (rite)

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

50px-Question_book-new.svg.png

Tulì is a Filipino rite of male circumcision. It has a long historical tradition and is considered an obligatory rite of passage for males;[1] boys who have not undergone the ritual are labelled supót and face ridicule from their peers.[2]

Circumcision is not considered a religious rite as some four-fifths of Filipinos profess Roman Catholicism, which does not require it. Rather, circumcision is a social norm rooted in tradition that is followed by society at large. Most boys usually undergo the procedure not shortly after birth but prior to reaching puberty or before high school (around ages 10–14).

There exists two common ways of undergoing tuli: either the traditional way by a local village circumciser (known in Tagalog as having it done "de-pukpok") or having it done by medical practitioners in a hospital or clinical setting.

Background

Circumcision in the Philippines, as practiced today, is not a religious rite. Circumcision is also not practiced by a majority of Christians worldwide. The practice appears to be traceable as being pre-Hispanic period in nature. A common theory posits that the prevalence of the practise is due to the influence of Islam, which was prevalent in parts of the archipelago at least 200 years before the arrival of Christianity in the 16th century. It was also noted in Vocabulario de la Lengua Tagala that other synonyms of tuli are catan (katan in modern Filipino orthography) and sonat which were from Arabic khitan and Malay sunat, respectively.[3]

Antonio de Morga, a Spanish lawyer and high-ranking colonial official in the Philippines during the 17th century, noted in his 1609 book Sucesos de las islas Filipinas:

A few years before the Spaniards subdued the island of Luzon, certain natives of the island of Borneo began to go thither to trade, especially to the settlement of Manila and Tondo; and the inhabitants of the one island intermarried with those of the other. These Borneans are Mahometans, and were already introducing their religion among the natives of Luzon, and were giving them instructions, ceremonies, and the form of observing their religion, by means of certain gazizes whom they brought with them. Already a considerable number, and those the chiefest men, were commencing, although by piecemeal, to become Moros, and were being circumcised and taking the names of Moros. Had the Spaniards' coming been delayed longer, that religion would have spread throughout the island, and even through the others, and it would have been difficult to extirpate it. [emphasis added][4]

To which the prolific Filipino writer and nationalist Jose Rizal added in his 1890 annotated version of Moraga's work: "This custom [circumcision] has not fallen into disuse among the Filipinos, even among the Catholics."

In a 1903 article "Circumcision and Flagellation among the Filipinos" published in the Journal of the Association of Military Surgeons, Lieutenant Charles Norton Barney, of the medical department of the U. S. Army, noted that circumcision was "a very ancient custom among the Philippine indios, and so generalized that at least seventy or eighty per cent of males in the Tagál country have undergone the operation." He also noted that those who were uncircumcised and reached the age of puberty were taunted as "supút" by children of both sexes.[5]

Contemporary practice

More affluent parents opt to have their children circumcised as neonates in hospital, but the majority prefer that their sons undergo the tradition at around 8–12 years of age. Boys of the same age group would either go to government-sponsored missions, hospitals, or to a local circumciser. Boys normally undergo the procedure during the summer break before the start of classes as to allow time for healing. The most commonly-done procedure is in actuality not a circumcision but a dorsal slit, where no foreskin is actually removed. When the foreskin is removed, it is commonly known locally as a "German cut" in reference to the introduction of the modern surgical technique by the founder of plastic and reconstructive surgery, Johann Friedrich Dieffenbach.[6]

The Philippines Department of Health meanwhile sponsors an annual Operation Tuli project to circumcise boys; others assist and provide the service for free.

The traditional circumcision makes use of a curved piece of wood which is anchored into the ground. The protruding part of this apparatus is pointed at its end: the foreskin of the boy being circumcised is drawn over this protruding part. The circumciser rests his knife lengthwise across the boy's foreskin and then a quick blow is made with a stick, slicing the upper foreskin into two and exposing the glans. Prior to and while the procedure is being performed, the boy is told to chew guava leaves. The masticated guava leaves are applied onto the wound as a poultice and is bandaged. The boy is then to wash off in the cold waters of a nearby river. While this procedure is commonly known as a circumcision, it is more accurately described as a superincision as no foreskin is removed during the procedure.[7]

Newly circumcised boys usually wear housedresses or loose skirts to help in the healing. The swelling that might occur during this period is termed pangángamatis (literally, "becoming like a tomato", kamatis) owing to the reddish appearance of the penis.

According to the United Nations World Health Organisation: "In the Philippines, where circumcision is almost universal and typically occurs at age 10–14 years, a survey of boys found strong evidence of social determinants, with two thirds of boys choosing to be circumcised simply “to avoid being uncircumcised”, and 41% stating that it was “part of the tradition”[8]

The rite has been the subject of the award-winning 2005 film Tuli by Auraeus Solito.

21 hours ago, a-447 said:

Z909, I hope you never ever see a cock deformed by the injection of silicone. The girth is huge, which makes the cock head look ridiculously small by comparison. If badly done, the cock loses its shape and becomes just a blob of meat. 

There was a very handsome guy in Super A who I had come and sit with me. I was horrified when he pulled his briefs down to reveal the ugliest cock I'd ever seen. He told me he regretted what he had done but said all the guys in his village were doing it so he just followed. He told me "Farang don't like." 

I made a few enquiries to see if the silicone could be removed but was told once it is there, you can't do anything about it.

True and not true!  If the silicone is injected into the outer skin of the penis, then that skin can be removed but that can be tricky. If the silicone is injected into the body of the penis then you have it for life!  But, as you say,  an ugly looking cock!

I kept my legs crossed during the video.

I remember being taken to a  Muslim circumcision hut in West Africa. Twenty boys , aged around ten, were being kept in isolation there and periodically "frightened" - it was all a game- by Devil-like creature who'd suddenly appear from the bush with a cutlass. 

I was told it was a privilege for a white man to be shown this place- thankfully not the actually cutting which, I was told, is done with a bamboo blade. 

Actually I think I've seen them all. From the pearl, to the silicon, to the peircing, to the turkey neck, to the exotic collar type where the penis looks like an angry iguana when erect. And no, I don't think their ugly, even though they are deformed. 

In my early Thailand days, I encountered a guy with a mook in Adam's Apple, Chiang Mai.  Innocent and ignorant, I thought he had some horrible VD I'd never heard of. Spoilt the occasion for me, naturally. I spent the next few days checking to see if I'd caught it off him!

Only once did I off a guy with a  silicon-enhanced penis (if "enhanced" is the right word). By then , I'd learnt enough not to fear a VD.....but it was still a distressing  experience, particularly because in other other respects he was both cute and willing.  

I wouldn't wish to raise a controversial subject, but I feel the same about other forms of self-mutilation.....such as tattoos! Thais have such beautiful skin, i regard any such alterations to their bodies to be verging on the sacrilegious.

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

I wouldn't wish to raise a controversial subject, but I feel the same about other forms of self-mutilation.....such as tattoos! Thais have such beautiful skin, i regard any such alterations to their bodies to be verging on the sacrilegious.

I also dislike modifications/self mutilation.

Tatoos, body piercings, pumping up the lips, silicon breast implants, cock modifications and whitening creams are also on my list of dislikes.  

Like in every other aspect of personal appearance, beauty--or revulsion--is in the eye of the beholder. But I have to say that I've seen some attractive tattoo artwork. Admittedly, I'm more than a bit influenced by the body that they're attached to.

I agree that I'd prefer that they don't implant silicone into otherwise beautiful and functional appendages, or try to look as blanched as a Korean boy band member. in the end, however, I suppose it comes down to their personal choice. 

I go along with that. Anything extreme, extraordinary or "enhanced" has always been a turn-off.

Controversially, I must add  that enormous length or girth is also unwelcome....I know that for many, "size matters" but, for me,  smaller than average is preferable. Am I alone in this?