Shonen

How is Jomtien Complex during low season?

As a recent visitor the bars must be losing not making.

As for the "boys " ,some of who should be on a senior's pension , most if not all it's a part time job nowadays,many work other jobs during the day I noticed 

6 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

As for the "boys " ,some of who should be on a senior's pension , most if not all it's a part time job nowadays,many work other jobs during the day I noticed 

The "boys" are on senior's pension ???

You surely meant the bar owners.

6 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Their other job is sleeping. As soon as the bars close, 90% of the Jomtien Complex boys head to the beach at soi 12 to drink Kratom tea till sunrise. 

Was just in Pattaya for the last week....pretty slow for the bars. There are guys there, not many customers. Dragon bar was practically empty every night, not sure how the pay the staff and electricity.

A-Bomb was pathetic yet last October when I was there had a lot of guys. Sept is the rainy month, maybe a lot of guys go home to visit?

I watched a utube video of the complex from about a week ago. Very quiet for sure.

looked like no customers in Double Shot, with Nick, Sam and a few other workers looking bored. Not sure what time it was, might have been early, as they all had their shirts on.

It’s always calmer till about ten. Then it picks up a bit. So not fair to judge without knowing the time. 

Anyone know the name of the fem boy who runs 69 bar? He’s skinny and colors his hair blonde. He’s Cambodian and I think his name is Sa or Ja.

Must be very quiet in the Complex. A guy that worked in a bar there is back working at Super A in Bangkok. He said not enough customers.

Also a real hottie that worked in BN bar has moved to Boystown. He never responded to my app request until I looked at my Romeo and there he was, left a message about a month ago, now wants to hook up. Must be desperate,lol.

On 8/5/2023 at 2:19 PM, Londoner said:

Too many bars offering much the same was one of the contributory factors to Sunee's demise.  I am sorry to see it being replicated in the JC but even more sorry for the guys who are struggling to make ends meet...

What we need is some innovation, some imagination, some originality = some personalization which would attract attention. And another novel concept, how about sharing boys? You know when I go to Tukcom and one booth doesn't have what I need, they go to another booth to get it. Now some of you might like barhopping (I don't), but it is becoming prohibitively expensive to visit all 20(?) JC bars. And you still might not end up with what you want. Just saying... any bar owners out there listening?

20 minutes ago, Marc K said:

What we need is some innovation, some imagination, some originality = some personalization which would attract attention. 

I think if you were to look back at posts made on gaythailand over the last 15 years, you will find quite a few making the same suggestions. Allied to more originality was a continuing plea that the bars offer more fun for customers rather than the same old, same old.

After being one day in solim Bangkok, I woke up about midnight and strolled through the bar area. I ran into a twink called J, who previously worked in the Complex. It was his first day/ night there and I took him to my room.

I was meaning to take him off from @Home bar when he worked there but never got around to it.  So I was thrilled to see him, didn’t disappoint.

Hes fairly sexy but couldn’t make it work there. So he’s trying it in Solim. Maybe with high season starting it will be better for him and others.

The bars offer me more than the apps, in that I can spend the evening playing pool and socializing. So I’ll continue to spend money there.

Here in Bangkok is another story. I don’t feel compelled to support the bars here, as everything is more expensive here. So I pick up guys walking around. It’s so easy, as they’re usually looking for business on the phones and I can see what they look like, no surprises.

2 hours ago, garygarygary08 said:

Hi I will be in Jomtien in November for the first time, it would be great to meet someone to show me around. Thanks

It's very simple all the fay bars are located in one area Jomtien Complex and 3 minutes straight to Dongtan Beach where most of the gays go.

On 9/21/2023 at 9:24 AM, aussie_ said:

One advantage of M Bar besides the boys is the low volume level of the music compared to being blasted by noise in the main Complex Soi most nights.

I've never figured out why bars continue to blast their music, to a level which make conversation with one's friends or betrothed nearly impossible. Painful to listen to, and dangerous to one's hearing. This music is supposed to ENTICE people into their bar? I would imagine that, on balance, it does just the opposite.