ichigo

Trip report (July 2023)

What I personally don't like at Trinity Silom is that it is spread over multiple buildings, gym/pool in different building, room and reception possibly in different buildings, for entering some of the buildings you need to use the key card, for using the pool you need to go to reception to get voucher, to have breakfast (which is not really good if I remember correclty) you need to go to reception to get voucher. On the other hand, the pool is really nice and big, if you want to swim some lanes.

I’m probably the trinity Silom regular Vinapu refers to, and yes the clincher for me is the large pool with great views on 8th floor.  I never take the breakfast. So many local market and coffee shop options.   The walk is fine to the main areas.  Look for it on agoda where it can be a really great price. I’ve got some December 2023 nights at around 1000 baht.  It can go very expensive at times too.  

3 hours ago, Jimbillp said:

I’m probably the trinity Silom regular Vinapu refers to, and yes the clincher for me is the large pool with great views on 8th floor.  I never take the breakfast. So many local market and coffee shop options.

answer is yes, I was thinking about you so thank you for an answer

• Members
On 9/4/2023 at 12:23 AM, vinapu said:

rightly so.

In condo where I live in the lobby there's table on which residents can place unwanted but usable items. If not picked up within 24 hours they are supposed to reclaim them or super will dump them out. Works great. Now you know where my vacuum cleaner comes from and where most of Christmas gifts are landing

I have some unwanted dildos that are still usable.  Can I leave them on the lobby table?

On 9/4/2023 at 2:03 AM, vinapu said:

Thank you for very good and comprehensive report. Glad you had a great time there, at end of day it's why we travel to Thailand in the first place. 

And thank you for your comprehensive reply!

for benefits of readers not familiar with Bangkok  going from /to airport to/from Silom area by public transport there are two options, one you took with change to MRT (underground)  at Makasan (advantage - only one change , disadvantage -pretty long walk  from Makasan to Petchaburi, covered walkway though , going other way to airport if using that option train may arrive already quite full so danger of standing room only, not that it's long trip , about 25 mins only ).

Second option I prefer is to take ARL (airport train  all the way to Phaya Thai,  and then change into BTS ( overhead rail) to Siam ( just 2 stops )  and then change again ON THE SAME PLATFORM to Sala Daeng station (another two stops ) . Advantage  - you can admire view and get/ refresh grasp of the area, got rate on money exachnge counters at Phaya Thai station, disadvantage - 2 changes instead of one. Difference in travel time and price miniscule , if any.

All good points. If I were to stay near Chong nonsi then I would likely take the BTS, but I find sometimes that the MRT is a little less busy than the BTS (also depending on the time of the day) which makes it easier when wielding luggage. This trip I only took cabin baggage (backpack) for the first time, which TBH was quite liberating so it was easier to manage. I have taken a suitcase on the BTS/MRT though. Possible, but sometimes difficult in peak hours.

that  the first Apollo report if I'm not mistaken so very thank you. Don't be discouraged by so so experience, as they say , one statistic sample is not a basis for scientific hypothesis. Likely reason for confusion is fact you did not book  in advance. They have very extensive list of masseurs and respond pretty fast although not as fast as Jey Spa.

I had bad luck as two I chose were not available that day so I gave up. It's far indeed , total travelling time from Choing Nonsi to Bearing -40 minutes but if guy one craves is available it will be worth it, if one is tried by such long trek  , said Jey is half way through where you can take a travel break and continue after 1-1.50 hrs of massage there.

Considering there are so many massage places opening up all the time (with messages being sent to my line account every day), there is just so much to choose from. Jey is definitely one I would like to visit next time.

9 hours ago, ChristianPFC said:

Can you elaborate on this please?

Instead of buying a token, you just tap your credit card on the reader and off you go. Singapore has this system as well, and it's pretty handy especially as a tourist as you don't have to worry about buying a ticket/token or topping up your card.

1 hour ago, ichigo said:

Instead of buying a token, you just tap your credit card on the reader and off you go.

I understand you need to tap twice, when entering system and when leaving it so proper fare is collected ?

1 hour ago, ichigo said:

Update: I've just booked my tickets in and out of BKK and will be there for most of January. Excited!

some people have all luck in life !

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

I understand you need to tap twice, when entering system and when leaving it so proper fare is collected ?

some people have all luck in life !

You can use your debit card MasterCard visa ,but ..... better still just jump the barriers like I do 🦘🦘

Last trip, I found that you had to tap your MC on a separate machine, by the ticket desk. Why was unclear, but the ordinary gates did not work. I was directed to the machine by the desk, by a kind employee, and that was fine. 

On 9/10/2023 at 9:29 AM, ichigo said:

Instead of buying a token, you just tap your credit card on the reader and off you go. Singapore has this system as well, and it's pretty handy especially as a tourist as you don't have to worry about buying a ticket/token or topping up your card.

They are slowly introducing this method of payment in Japan, too.

On 9/10/2023 at 12:38 PM, Keithambrose said:

Last trip, I found that you had to tap your MC on a separate machine, by the ticket desk. Why was unclear, but the ordinary gates did not work. I was directed to the machine by the desk, by a kind employee, and that was fine. 

Which was odd, as on the last trip the MC worked on the ordinary machines!

I saw the advert on MRT, have to read closely next time. I was assuming that this work only with Thai bank cards, or you have to set it up or register first.

I used this in Summer in Brünn (Brno) in Czechia, and not only do they collect the single fares over the day, they calculate if a dayticket would be cheaper than the sum of single tickets and charge whichever is less.

only works on MRT not BTS. Hopefully they'll update their systems too. I don't know if there are some cards it won't work with other than the fact that is must be a contactless enabled card which most credit cards seem to be these days - at least from American banks. 

It's great on MRT as you can avoid the lines at the ticket machines and just walk right to through gates.