CallMeLee

First Trip Report: Bangkok September 2023

22 hours ago, vinapu said:

definitely correct and minimum tips as well as massage fees are reflecting that.  But everybody is welcomed and usually there's somebody who speaks bit of English so no reason to skip  visiting those shops

fully agree, I only use ATM when my cash inevitably runs out toward end of trip . Even then I try to withdrew 20000 or 25 000 if machine allows  to reduce impact of those fees ( 220 in Thailand and 125 here per withdrawal ).

I can also buy baht here locally and rate works to about the same I'd be exchanging money in the airport before customs ( better rates at train station but those booths are closing at night and often most pressing need after arrival is money for taxi.

I use a cash card which uses the local currency wherever you are, and debits my current account at a very good conversion rate. Called 'Currensea'.

26 minutes ago, Keithambrose said:

I use a cash card which uses the local currency wherever you are, and debits my current account at a very good conversion rate. Called 'Currensea'.

that's great idea but my bank doesn't offer such vehicle, if fact I never hear any of banks here do.

out of curiosity - can you also withdraw  cash using the same rate or it just applies to purchases ?  

Not trivial problems as so far very few boys if any , are using terminals to collect their tips  ( aparently some upper end call girls offer such an option ) 

19 hours ago, scott456 said:

Please recycle/reuse your boys as much as you can.

there's great merit  of repeat business. Both us and boy knows what to expect and required, initial reservation is gone and things go smoothly right away.  But it's also danger that after several offs boredom sets in on our part and complacency on boy's . Even worse , boy is trying to claim ownership of us with never ending Lines of ' how are you" and ' 'can I see you tonight"

1 hour ago, Keithambrose said:

I have such a card too but different bank from yours. Works great for the major currencies but Thai baht is not a option on my card. So, pointless for Thai trips.

2 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

I have such a card too but different bank from yours. Works great for the major currencies but Thai baht is not a option on my card. So, pointless for Thai trips.

Ah. Luckily mine does Thai Baht.

21 hours ago, vinapu said:

that's great idea but my bank doesn't offer such vehicle, if fact I never hear any of banks here do.

out of curiosity - can you also withdraw  cash using the same rate or it just applies to purchases ?  

Not trivial problems as so far very few boys if any , are using terminals to collect their tips  ( aparently some upper end call girls offer such an option ) 

With Currensea you can withdraw currency at same favourable rate, I'm told, though not tried it yet!

Day 1 started as an interesting and enjoyable trip report, thank you, but as the days go by the reports are getting even better, thank you even more. Loved Day Five and can't wait for Day Six. 

I always try and leave at least an hour between food consumption and swimming or massage or the other. I think it was ingrained in me as a child that you could get cramp swimming too soon after food.

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

more than once boys in both Bangkok and Pattaya  told me that we shouldn't eat at least 2 hours before  massage  so it must be some reason for that.

Sorry to hear you did not like Banana but you did right thing going, if we don't go we never know. You may want to give them another try next visit, old rule , one statistic sample is not enough to formulate hypothesis.

Not really sure if the thing we get from Arena qualifies as a massage! Kidding aside, I get what you mean.

I did not return to Banana Club during this trip. I was halfway through my 12 days so I decided to not risk it. Open to visit next time though. If there's one thing that I learned during my Bangkok trips is that each Bar shines and dims randomly every single visit.

Question - how many guys do they usually have on stage? 

On 9/25/2023 at 3:48 AM, vinapu said:

I can hear my accountant now, "so what exactly is the 'Freshboys mobile payment terminal' you spent all of these -100.00 transactions at every night at 3am local time"

17 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

I panicked a bit as there's no plan for it to be a LT. But then I realised: there's a hunky tawan guy sleeping in my bed, what am I panicking about?

my question exactly, obviously he did not strangle you if you live to tell the tale, Hope you have nice breakfast in the morning. 

I'm surprised for lack of response from Jey Spa, me experience with them is they respond almost immediately and I contacted them quite a few times, always very fast and up to the point. Perhaps regular guy  had day off or something

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

my question exactly, obviously he did not strangle you if you live to tell the tale, Hope you have nice breakfast in the morning. 

He didn't strangle me. But I think he can and he will if asked.

However, given the language barrier, the risk of it turning pear shape is quite high. Plus I'm a big fan of breathing. 😂

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

I'm surprised for lack of response from Jey Spa, me experience with them is they respond almost immediately and I contacted them quite a few times, always very fast and up to the point. Perhaps regular guy  had day off or something

They have at least 3 different line IDs, so maybe depending on which one you use it could have an influence on responsiveness?

9 hours ago, 10tazione said:

They have at least 3 different line IDs, so maybe depending on which one you use it could have an influence on responsiveness?

no idea but one I use always  is responded to very fast

On 9/27/2023 at 3:29 AM, CallMeLee said:

By almost midnight, I decided I had enough and we made our way outside. I asked him what he would like to eat and we ended up in 7-11. He and I bought several items and Tun asked if we can buy booze and drink it in my place. 

good that you guys managed before midnight because after midnight prohibition starts until 11 and then again  between 2 and 5