ichigo

Trip Report (Jan 2024)

59 minutes ago, ichigo said:

Jupiter: Firstly, very impressed with the quality here. All model material and I could have easily gone with any of them. Mamasan told me the off fee and expected tip for boy, which he said 3000 for short time which I thought was a little on the higher side but maybe because they are models, the higher tip was expected. Or inflation. I ended up going with a nice Cambodian boy, sex was pleasant (but not earth shattering), and afterwards when I gave him 3000 he asked 'is that all?' I was confused, so then he said his rate was 5000. I was dumbfounded. To avoid any conflict I offered 4000 which he accepted. Note to myself for future, to always ask the boy what his tip expectations are, even if you know what the market price is. Kinda left a sour taste in my mouth, but this doesn't reflect so much on the bar itself. You live and you learn, and I'll put it down as an expensive mistake.

My suspicion is probably right boys who get off from bars are paying commission to the mamasan and/or the bar probably the boy didn't want to pay it from the 3000 baht you gave him and mist likely the extra 1000 baht went to the mamasan.

The mamasan and the boy misconduct here better to close the fee in advance straight with the boy and better not to discuss it with mamasan at all most of them are crooks.

7 hours ago, Boy69 said:

My suspicion is probably right boys who get off from bars are paying commission to the mamasan and/or the bar probably the boy didn't want to pay it from the 3000 baht you gave him and mist likely the extra 1000 baht went to the mamasan.

The mamasan and the boy misconduct here better to close the fee in advance straight with the boy and better not to discuss it with mamasan at all most of them are crooks.

An interesting theory. Definitely will next time discuss tip direct with boy, but I didn't even ask mamasan as I know the going rates, he just kinda told me. Maybe he thought I was a first-timer lol.

5 hours ago, reader said:

Thanks for great report.

Regarding Jupiter guy's request for 5k, you handled it diplomatically. 3K is a generous ST fee and I'm sure he was more than happy to get 4. Lesson learned about that bar. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you. I don't mind paying 3k for short time, provided that he gives me a really good time and goes above and beyond. 5k is a bit much for me, but I know there are boys that charge more, eg. Babe at moonlight charges 8k, but he is kinda famous so I guess that is warranted. 

42 minutes ago, ichigo said:

but he is kinda famous so I guess that is warranted. 

Is it 🙄

6 hours ago, reader said:

3K is a generous ST fee and I'm sure he was more than happy to get 4

When he said, that's all... I would've said yes, talk to your mamasan.

A massage guy from paradise tried that in Pattaya, I said I'll walk back and we can talk to your boss together if you want to clear this up.

One of my biggest peeves in Thailand, wanting more than agreed to when many of the times doing less than agreed to. Is why I stayed away from the gogo's this trip, the ones I did go to was just a waste of money for overpriced drinks and stupid boy drink/off policies.

Nice report btw, I had every intention of heading  to other massage places further out, but deep down knew I wouldn't , lol

2 minutes ago, floridarob said:

Is it 🙄

When he said, that's all... I would've said yes, talk to your mamasan.

A massage guy from paradise tried that in Pattaya, I said I'll walk back and we can talk to your boss together if you want to clear this up.

One of my biggest peeves in Thailand, wanting more than agreed to when many of the times doing less than agreed to. Is why I stayed away from the gogo's this trip, the ones I did go to was just a waste of money for overpriced drinks and stupid boy drink/off policies.

Nice report btw, I had every intention of heading  to other massage places further out, but deep down knew I wouldn't , lol

Yeah it can get a little pricey with drinks/off fees etc, and sometimes a bit of a gamble as we don't always know how they are going to perform and if we are going to connect. But once you find a good one, hold on to him dearly! 

The further out massage places, in Saphan Kwai (and others) are really good value and I would recommend for next time!

13 hours ago, Boy69 said:

I would, t be so extreme as calling Mamasans  crooks and certainly not most of them but I agree that it, s much, much better to seal the deals directly with the boy. I call Mamasan for help only in very rere cases when it, s clear communication with thr guy is problematic. But even then we have Google translate. 

I know about one case when veteran boy left popular massage place because finally he could,t stand Mamasan demanding his cut of tips

1 hour ago, ichigo said:

I would often get mistaken for being Thai

It interests me that SE Asians have difficulty in recognising each others' backgrounds. My Thai boyfriend- mixed Thai, Chinese and Hmong - was frequently mistaken for an Indonesian when we were in Bali. Even in Thailand  when he is with me,  he is sometimes asked where he's from. I stand out  (like a sore thumb, some would say!) as British!

1 minute ago, Londoner said:

It interests me that SE Asians have difficulty in recognising each others' backgrounds. My Thai boyfriend- mixed Thai, Chinese and Hmong - was frequently mistaken for an Indonesian when we were in Bali. Even in Thailand  when he is with me,  he is sometimes asked where he's from.

Agree. Your guy sounds like a great combination of traits.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

It interests me that SE Asians have difficulty in recognising each others' backgrounds. My Thai boyfriend- mixed Thai, Chinese and Hmong - was frequently mistaken for an Indonesian when we were in Bali. Even in Thailand  when he is with me,  he is sometimes asked where he's from. I stand out  (like a sore thumb, some would say!) as British!

It baffles me further as I am only half asian (and half caucasian) so I don't have the strongest asian looks, but mamasan in screwboys said that I looked like a 'modern thai', whatever that means, perhaps one that works and lives in the city thus having lighter skin due to not working in the sun in the fields.

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

I would, t be so extreme as calling Mamasans  crooks and certainly not most of them but I agree that it, s much, much better to seal the deals directly with the boy. I call Mamasan for help only in very rere cases when it, s clear communication with thr guy is problematic. But even then we have Google translate. 

I know about one case when veteran boy left popular massage place because finally he could,t stand Mamasan demanding his cut of tips

I don't mind speaking with mama sans if I am interested with a certain boy if he is top or bottom his nationality and so on but not about money issues at all .

Wow ! 4,000 baht for short time!

I couldn't afford Bangkok, have to stick to Pattaya ,but obviously the quality is better in BKK

Is that a "normal" rate or only for high season?

3 minutes ago, Olddaddy said:

Wow ! 4,000 baht for short time!

I couldn't afford Bangkok, have to stick to Pattaya ,but obviously the quality is better in BKK

Is that a "normal" rate or only for high season?

Is the quality better in Bangkok?

On 1/30/2024 at 4:05 PM, ichigo said:

This recent trip was the longest I've stayed in Thailand (nearly a month) and was enjoyable despite some random health issues that decided to pop up. Rather than a day by day account, I'll just outline some interesting points.

Bangkok

Bars

• Dreamboys: I went here a few times, mainly to see my favourite boy and managed to off him just once. I think he is popular because on another two occasions I visited the bar, he was already booked by a customer. I felt as though the quality has dropped since last time, but there are still some gems. 
  • Screwboys: I was surprised by the high quality here actually, and there were lots of good choices to my taste. I had a short list of two, and it so happened to turn out that they are brothers (and Vietnamese). Took the older one first, and his English skills were really good and he was quite charismatic. The following night I went with the younger brother. Both were satisfactory, nothing earth shattering but an enjoyable time nonetheless. Mamasan was helpful and wrote down the badge numbers of boys that could do my requests.
  • Freshboys: Didn't off anyone here, rather just watched the show and had a drink. I liked the choices here though, lots of toned twinks.
  • Tawan: Just went here for the show as the boys here are much too big for me. Really relaxed atmosphere (although packed in like sardines), and the most x-rated show with a fucking show and jerk-off show amongst others. There were a couple of smaller looking guys in the rotation that would have been suitable for me, as well as the waiter.
  • Banana bar: The majority of the show is katoeys, but they are the most stunning I've seen in all of the bars. The boys don't get much stage time, but I did spot one that I had offed previously when he used to work at Freshboys so we had a drink together. Smoking is allowed in this bar so you will smell like an ashtray when you leave.
  • Moonlight: Went mainly for the show, which is very tame these days. Lots of good options in the rotation though, plus there are the models.
  • Hotmale: A good line up here, and a good show (with very nice dicks). I went back with a Cambodian guy and he was lots of fun.
  • Jupiter: Firstly, very impressed with the quality here. All model material and I could have easily gone with any of them. Mamasan told me the off fee and expected tip for boy, which he said 3000 for short time which I thought was a little on the higher side but maybe because they are models, the higher tip was expected. Or inflation. I ended up going with a nice Cambodian boy, sex was pleasant (but not earth shattering), and afterwards when I gave him 3000 he asked 'is that all?' I was confused, so then he said his rate was 5000. I was dumbfounded. To avoid any conflict I offered 4000 which he accepted. Note to myself for future, to always ask the boy what his tip expectations are, even if you know what the market price is. Kinda left a sour taste in my mouth, but this doesn't reflect so much on the bar itself. You live and you learn, and I'll put it down as an expensive mistake.
  • Sol: The only bar I didn't manage to get to, but there is always next time.

Massage

• Prime: I went here quite a few times, as I always do, and it's always high quality and run like a well-oiled machine. Advance bookings are required, although I think they are getting a little quieter now that high season is slowing down a bit.
  • Jey Spa: My first time here. I booked in advance a boy who I had been admiring for quite some time, and I was really happy I finally met him. Exceeded my expectations too. Facilities are quite nice, and they are very responsive on Line.
  • Senso: Only my second time here. The boy that I had last time was on vacation, so I chose another who was smiling and waving at me. He was a lot of fun and definitely worth a repeat when I come back.
  • Kman: Last trip I had an excellent time here, so ended up booking the same boy and had an excellent time again. Prices here are much cheaper, but I tip generously.

Hotels

• Quarter Silom: Good location. The rooms are a little small but well-presented, and with some interesting lighting controls. Rooms are not sound proofed, so you will hear everything. This hotel attracts I think mostly gay clientele, and there is lots of eye candy.
  • Crowne Plaza: Probably my most favourite hotel in the area, but it does come with a hefty price tag. Very quiet, and very guest friendly. I came in late one night with boy in tow, and a manager-like person even pressed the elevator button for us.
  • Le Siam: It's decent, and I did like staying on the other side of Silom Road for once. There are heaps of food options on Convent road which was great. Room size was okay and it is a little dated, but the price point was appropriate. 

Other things of note

• I finally met the esteemed @vinapu in person! My first forum member I have met, and we had lunch at Happy Beer Garden, whilst having pleasant conversation. Nice to meet you!

To be continued...

Just interested as to what left a sour taste in your mouth!

Just now, srvhakko said:

When I asked last month, I learned that Mr. Babe demanded 8,000 baht and Mr. Mean demanded 7,000 baht for short time.

Well it's supply & demand 

They wouldn't be asking if they weren't getting it 

Thats probably more than what you would pay in the Western Countries though 😳

2 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Well it's supply & demand 

They wouldn't be asking if they weren't getting it 

Thats probably more than what you would pay in the Western Countries though 😳

You're right that it's about demand. For high rollers, 7-8k is no barrier and those are the customers these guys cater to.

In most major US and European cities, 7-8k is more the norm.