Wellhellothere

Hi Guys!

I'm a 32-year-old residing on the sunny island of Singapore in Southeast Asia. I'm considering a trip to Bangkok in April.

I'd be interested in arranging a meet-up to visit a gogoboys bar together (I'm a bit hesitant to go alone), or we could also grab lunch or dinner together. I'm eager to gain insight into the gogoboys bar culture, including the dos and don'ts.

4 hours ago, Wellhellothere said:

I'm a 32-year-old residing on the sunny island of Singapore in Southeast Asia. I'm considering a trip to Bangkok in April.

I'd be interested in arranging a meet-up to visit a gogoboys bar together (I'm a bit hesitant to go alone), or we could also grab lunch or dinner together. I'm eager to gain insight into the gogoboys bar culture, including the dos and don'ts.

Don't be hesitant to go alone Thai people are very friendly and polite ,Just make sure never to tell that’s your first time in Thailand to avoid overcharged prices and fees.

2 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

IMHO not at all, but the only choice we have is either to enter+pay or not step foot in a bar at all.

+1, in some bars add the show to list of goodies provided, in some even with glimpse of cock or even chance to get grasp of one for a tip  during big cock parade.  

great sightseeing report in your blog about Santa Cruz neigbourhood in Bangkok

Santa Cruz church and Kudeejeen – ShamelessMack2 (travel.blog)

3 hours ago, Wellhellothere said:

Just a curious question , is paying 500baht for a bottle of beer in gogoboy bar acceptable? 

As macaroni said above you have choice. At least you will have beer, if you order bottle of water it still will be the same 500.

Banana Club in soi 4  has lower drink prices, not sure it's 300 or 400 .

Speaking about choice , old KLM joke ;

Stewardess is asking passenger " will you have a lunch?", ' do I have a choice ?" , ' yes , yes or no". I guess the same about visiting go-go bar

20 hours ago, Wellhellothere said:

You'll be fine! I was quite hesitant going into a gogo bar by myself for the first time, but after that first time, you'll wonder why you were so hesitant as it does get easier. Research these forums and arm yourself with the knowledge found here!

3 hours ago, ichigo said:

You'll be fine! I was quite hesitant going into a gogo bar by myself for the first time, but after that first time, you'll wonder why you were so hesitant as it does get easier. Research these forums and arm yourself with the knowledge found here!

thank you!! i am afraid that it will be weird if i were to visit the gogoboy bar alone haha

2 years ago, I was also shy about visiting a bar alone, but you don't have to be afraid, just focus on having fun. I was at Banana bar last night, customer drink is 450 baht, boys' drinks are 300 baht, bar fee is 500 baht. l paid 3900 baht totally ( 2 drinks for me, 2 drinks for my ultra cute Cambodian, 3 days off bar fee for my ultra cute Cambodian, 2 drinks my Cambodian's friend and 1 drink for mamasan). 

By the way, I will be in Bangkok in the 2nd week of April, if you are available, I can accompany you for a bar visit. My favorites are moonlight bar and banana bar🙂

• Members
23 hours ago, Keithambrose said:

Only just!

22 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

IMHO not at all, but the only choice we have is either to enter+pay or not step foot in a bar at all.

However, to be fair, 500 is not the price of the beer. It is a combo price for the following:

1. The beer.

2. The waiter's effort bringing it to you …

Including that the first swig accompanies entry charge and the top comes offed, unscrewed.