PeterRS

China Madness: Allowing Tourists In and Out of the Country

2 hours ago, PeterRS said:

would anyone really want any Chinese near Thailand in the next few months, the more so given that the Chinese vaccines are considerably less effective that those from the west?

Not certain why another persons medical history has anything to do with your health. Your immunity protects you. There are millions of people in Thailand who haven't had any vaccinations, or boosters. 
But to answer your question, the longer the Chinese stay away the better. They are like locusts. 

Just my 2 cents worth, right or wrong. There are countries that are very keen on getting the Chinese tourist back ($$), Thailand and Philippines would be two and even the Australian tourism industry want them back in droves but I wonder if they truly understand what would or could happen if plane loads of infected Chinese start landing? My pessimistic crystal ball is showing possible government panic if the numbers in those countries start sharply rising by the incoming infected that the possibility of the Thai Pass or Philippine One Health Pass gets reintroduced or even the dreaded quarantine.

I know many have had enough of corona and just want to get on with life (me included) but a bit of foresight is required, I for one won't bother traveling if those bloody passes are reintroduced. I'm planning mid next year and intend to get there and have a bloody good time but will be watching to see how it all pans out.

31 minutes ago, TMax said:

Just my 2 cents worth, right or wrong. There are countries that are very keen on getting the Chinese tourist back ($$), Thailand and Philippines would be two and even the Australian tourism industry want them back in droves but I wonder if they truly understand what would or could happen if plane loads of infected Chinese start landing? My pessimistic crystal ball is showing possible government panic if the numbers in those countries start sharply rising by the incoming infected that the possibility of the Thai Pass or Philippine One Health Pass gets reintroduced or even the dreaded quarantine.

I know many have had enough of corona and just want to get on with life (me included) but a bit of foresight is required, I for one won't bother traveling if those bloody passes are reintroduced. I'm planning mid next year and intend to get there and have a bloody good time but will be watching to see how it all pans out.

I know 6 people in Pattaya who have had "covid" in the last month. People coming in on planes isn't the concern. I had a little cough for a couple days and had been around 2 of those people a lot. Maybe it was it, I don't know. You couldn't pay me to put one of those stupid sticks in my nose. 

1 hour ago, PeterRS said:

That to me is a rather silly remark. Although I have had 4 vaccinations, I still use them if I am to be around young children or old people. Those sticks have not been and are also not "stupid" for many tens of millions around the world, if not hundreds of millions. You may think you are immune because you had the vaccination/s. But they are far from foolproof. As the US CDC points out on its website, no vaccine is 100% effective.

I stick by my remark. I'm not American and I don't know what the CDC says about anything, although I wouldn't trust anything they did say, that's for sure. All I know is they are stupid sticks, that don't work. 
And yes, far from fool-proof indeed. So much so, I wouldn't go near those snake-oil injections. 

You are entitled to your opinion, and I mine. COVID was and is a con. 

I’m in Japan at the moment.

There are lots of Chinese from Taiwan and lots of Russian tourists, too.

To get into Japan you have to jump through quite a few hoops. You also need proof of 3 vaccinations and not all are recognised. I don't think the Chinese ones are on the list. If that is the case it will take a long time before any prospective tourist can come to Japan, as all 3 vaccinations must be completed. I think that takes about 9 months altogether.

Surely Thailand has a list of recognised vaccinations. If the Chinese just have to pass a simple Covid test, that will spell disaster for Thailand and they'll be back to where they started 2 years ago, with no tourism industry to speak of.  Surely the government is not that stupid.

Then again,.........

It continues to baffle me why China couldn't--or chose not to--develop truly effective vaccines, opting instead to mass produce far inferior versions. Worse, it only recently allowed the Pfizer vaccine to be imported in a ridiculously small amount of no consequence.

From Thailand News Agency

BANGKOK, Dec 27 (TNA) – The chairman of the Thai Chamber of Commerce and the Board of Trade of Thailand expects more than 5 million Chinese people to visit Thailand next year as the Chinese government announced to lift its COVID-19 control.

Sanan Angubolkul, chairman of the Thai Chamber of Commerce and the Board of Trade of Thailand, shared his view as China planned to lift its mandatory quarantine on its visitors on Jan 8, 2023.

He said that the decision of China would have positive impacts on Thailand and all sectors of the Thai economy. Chinese tourists would increasingly travel abroad and Thailand was their top destination and also was in its winter, Mr Sanan said.

4 hours ago, Moses said:

Chinese bookings in Thailand grew 7 times in first 30 min after announce of the end of outbound tourism restrictions. Be prepared for Chinese New Year (Jan 21 + 7 days)! 😈

scary but certain business owners will applaud  for sure. Hope Thailand  will require proof of vaccination from them at least in initial stage. 

8 hours ago, a-447 said:

Surely Thailand has a list of recognised vaccinations. If the Chinese just have to pass a simple Covid test, that will spell disaster for Thailand and they'll be back to where they started 2 years ago, with no tourism industry to speak of.  Surely the government is not that stupid.

I entered Thailand in May without quarantine. I walked right in. 
I have had 0 injections. I am still in Thailand. In Pattaya there are no masks, no restrictions. 

It's over. MOVE ON.

6 hours ago, PeterRS said:

You are living a strange world of fantasy. A Con? How utterly ridiculous! I suppose cancer is a con, heart disease is a con, brain tumours are a con, HIV a con. How many people have died as a result of covid19? 6,687, 859 worldwide so far! That is as in DEAD - not infected. And you call this a CON? It has nothing to do with a CON. It has nothing to do with an opinion. It's a FACT!

As for your comments about the CDC, I suggest you read up the facts about the early days of the HIV/AIDS pandemic. Had it not been for the CDC and its constant battles against the ultra conservative Reagan administration absolutely determined it was merely a gay plague and therefore not worth spending money on research, it is likely that the number of AIDS deaths to date worldwide would be considerably more than 40 million. And that is no CON!

I said it was a con. I didn't say It didn't exist. 
The world population went up. It was not a pandemic of any sorts. It was a con. A cold went around that killed off some of the nearly deads. The flu does that most years. 
A sniffle was used by a few elites to make hundreds of billions and they did it by weaponizing the media. 
Again I have no idea about America or the CDC. I don't trust Americans, I don't trust the US government, and I don't trust anyone involved with the US government. They are all criminals in my book. 

From Thai Enquirer

Thailand should look to impose restrictions

The Thai government should look at imposing preventive measures to test or restrict travelers from China and countries where a lot of Chinese tourists have visited, the main opposition Pheu Thai Party said.

“Given the [Covid-19 outbreak] situation in China, Thailand should cautiously prepare for the influx of Chinese tourists,” said former deputy prime minister Chaturon Chaisang who is a member of Pheu Thai’s strategy committee.

“We should have some guards up…and tests should be administered to find out what kind of variants are coming in from China to find out if they are more severe than the variants that have been found in Thailand,” he said.