barcelona92

money boys

7 hours ago, ChristianPFC said:

I haven't been in Thailand during summer for many years.

But during shoulder season, all I ever get is general whining, but never a concrete offer. 

A friend gets hit for mobile phones far more often than I do.

Seems everyone has different experiences.

Low season is a known event. I have little pity for someone who stays in this profession or location during low season, knowing it's low season. Of course, it could be his first low season.

During the first months of Covid, I was quite generous in sending money to boys I have known for longer. But after that, "known event".

I spend summer in Germany and the rest of the year in SEAsia for the weather. Known event.

Good to confirm you're a tourist. Many think otherwise. 
The fact you think people "choose" to stay in their line of work in relation to Westerners preferred travel times is non-logical. Not all of them go to find other work before harvest season. Some of them have nothing else. Easy to overlook for some. 

I'm not for a second suggesting anyone should stop understanding the "GAME". The boys don't. But giving them numbers and letters in weird blog posts. Well... As I said before. Maybe start marking them again. Must be a cultural thing in your country. Some things never die. 

I have met you ( Yes I met you 6 years ago ) and saw you a few months ago, but never have I met a person so cold hearted in my life. Next time you walk through Jomtien Complex have the balls to stop. 

Come meet some of my friends. Bar boys. We go eat. We go to markets. Shit, sometimes they pay for the food. 

Appears to me it doesn't matter how much time you spend in Thailand, or how much of the language you learn, you can still be a pest.

1 hour ago, gayinpattaya said:

Good to confirm you're a tourist. Many think otherwise.

Who, I wonder? I have met @ChristianPFC on several occasions. He worked in Thailand for about a year but that must have been close to a decade ago. Since then he travels extensively within Thailand and within the region as all can read both in the chat forums and on his own blog. He also returns to stay in his home country of Germany. As is farily obvious from his comments on visas, he is not a resident in Thailand.

On 7/27/2023 at 5:43 AM, floridarob said:

Have you been to any latin countries?

15 hours ago, 12is12 said:

I recently received a message from one of the Jomtien bar guys I had twice offed back in jan, asking for money. He had sent one also in feb, as I think we agree - many of them do almost automatically. I twice declined.

This time he wrote he had no patrons for 3 months. Does anyone know if J had indeed fallen on bad times? Seasonal or exceptional? 

Does this examplify the famous result of crying "wolf" too often?

Are you talking about J from @home bar? He is very cute, hope he’s ok. I play pool with him but never offed him. I’d like to take him off during high season. Maybe he won’t be there. 
I don’t have his contact so he never sent me a request.

Asking for help in bad times is not a scam but a plea for assistance. We're all free to honor or reject them.

Money boys may disappoint us in that they fail to live up to our cultural norms or expectations, but that doesn't constitute scamming.

If someone perceives money boys, et al., as would-be scammers I think they'd be better off finding a place where they don't.

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

In this respect they are exactly the same as employees, managers and even billionaires across the world, who are always totally  satisfied with what they have and would never, for example, pay a tax lawyer to avoid paying their dues.

Except they know at some point, they'll lose their looks and their customers. If it were me, I'd be aware that I had a limited time to make as much money as possible.

Readet, u found bad intentions where there r none. 

I didnt read any "low regard" in previous comments by others. Also, I didnt write that all the guys r to b treated as "would b scammers", but rather that it's legitimate to hold only scammers in low regard.

There r a few members here, I m NOT imputing u r one of them, who like to adopt a "holier than thou" preaching attitude. It naturally creats antagonisn leading to personal attacks, and of course distrupts fruitful debate.

13 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Vinapu, what would u say to approaching the board with a request to ban anyone who starts a personal attack?

No, I don,t believe in bans. Ignoring offending comments or  ,   in some cases, ostracism is better

10 hours ago, reader said:

Asking for help in bad times is not a scam but a plea for assistance. We're all free to honor or reject them.

Money boys may disappoint us in that they fail to live up to our cultural norms or expectations, but that doesn't constitute scamming.

If someone perceives money boys, et al., as would-be scammers I think they'd be better off finding a place where they don't.

so true! Totally agree. Many Asians send money back to family. It’s the cultural norm. In wealthy countries, it’s usually the parents helping the kids. And these norms clash.

Some expats are rather bitter and suspicious of the boys. Yet they continue to patronize them.