barcelona92

Bar boys in Jomtien Complex

5 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

I’ve always checked out Winner during my trips particularly when I’ve wanted a twink for the night. 

Winner has recent pics on social media of their boys. While I'm (sometimes) partial to twinks, gotta say that their crowd isn't quite there in the looks dept. for me. I like my twinks pretty. 

7 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

The only thing Pattaya has over Bangkok is the beach... But now that the gay area is also disappearing... sigh.

Yes, actually I haven't heard much that's positive about the PT scene (comparative to Patpong) - but I am getting bored with BKK, so am venturing out. Found a nice beachfront hotel, and looking forward to some R&R courtesy of Thailand's newly relaxed laws re: recreational substances. 

11 hours ago, Travellerdave said:

Over the years I’ve returned 3 up with an offed boy from Winner to my Complex hotel. Memories of blasting through the night air with a boy clinging on behind me !.

next time  don't be so cheap and hire two motorbikes, even with all three skinny ( and finding skinny farang is as hard as finding 2000 baht note ) it's dangerous and not worth 80 baht savings  

3 minutes ago, vinapu said:

next time  don't be so cheap and hire two motorbikes, even with all three skinny ( and finding skinny farang is as hard as finding 2000 baht note ) it's dangerous and not worth 80 baht savings  

Typically motorbike taxi drivers charge twice as much for two riders and thus no savings; as you say it's dangerous.

48 minutes ago, moistmango said:

Yes, actually I haven't heard much that's positive about the PT scene (comparative to Patpong) - but I am getting bored with BKK, so am venturing out. 

very good, for 1127th time I repeat, regardless what you hear from us on the forums best thing is to go and see for yourself because and I'm saying it for 841st time , all you need is one bar and one boy from there.

2 hours ago, moistmango said:

Yes, actually I haven't heard much that's positive about the PT scene (comparative to Patpong) - but I am getting bored with BKK, so am venturing out. Found a nice beachfront hotel, and looking forward to some R&R courtesy of Thailand's newly relaxed laws re: recreational substances. 

Yes that sounds like a plan. Go there to unwind. You may still strike lucky and find an Adonis. At the very least you will form your own opinion whether Pattaya is to your taste or not.

Maybe I’m the only contrarian grump here, but I find the whole bar scene tiresome with the noise, the fake smiles, the crowd.  It’s a huge time suck to me. So I go onto Hornet and find perfectly decent fun for about 1,000 baht. 1200-1500 in Bangkok. In November I will return with DH (Dear Husband) for the winter and now have four guys in Bangkok to meet. One a massage guy, and the other three met through Hornet. All delicious and reliable. 

On 9/24/2023 at 8:04 PM, faranglaw said:

Maybe I’m the only contrarian grump here, but I find the whole bar scene tiresome with the noise, the fake smiles, the crowd.  

Having given-up bar-hopping years ago - P wouldn't be seen dead in one- I find that I miss them. Well, sometimes. I'd love to see the dancing again-not the standing that took its place-  but the energetic dancing that some bars once encouraged or even demanded. Then there's the scantly- dressed guys having a good time, teasing each other, angling for offs from customers....even the music which I'd detest in any other circumstance. At least the stuff they played two decades ago. I caught "Broken hearted woman" on You Tube a few weeks ago and did it evoke memories of the late 90s! What was it that Noel coward said about cheap music and its ability to remind us of times passed?

Perhaps I'm nostalgic only because it is an activity that recalls my younger days and is no longer appropriate for me.....but I do miss it. 

13 hours ago, thaiophilus said:

Completely off topic, but I have a couple of 60 baht notes hanging on my wall (hint: they were issued in 1987 and 2006).

you not alone , I have also 70 and 80 baht notes. All of them are so called non-circulating legal tender commemorative notes

I’ve offed the one in bright blue shorts in the middle. He was overweight before but when I left in April he had lost all the weight and was a slim twink.

I hope he stays that way. Interestingly he told me he never gets taken because most customers think he is always taken off by others. I find that hard to believe, but aren’t they always trying to convince us that no one offs them so they appear more desirable.

37 minutes ago, khaolakguy said:

Unless my eyes are failing me there only seem to be two with numbers so only preferring one over the other! Not a complete endorsement.

You don’t need numbers to identify them. One has a snake tattoo on his shoulder, next to him,orange hair, next to him bright blue undies, next to him, a guy sleeping while standing.

The air conditioning at M Bar in Jomtien Complex has been fixed and it is now much more comfortable inside the bar. They also put a/c in the store room at the back of the bar so i suggested to M that it might be suitable for a short time room but i am fairly sure that M had already thought about that possibility😉