moistmango

Thailand in the low season (trip report)

I'm taking my final flight home tomorrow and will post about Thailand for the last 2 weeks, but your 1st night sounds a lot like my 2 weeks, except for the rain, I was lucky.

I still like the Tarntawan place and at 1100 thb with b'fast, was still a bargain. I stayed at the Conrad for a couple of nights, but can't beat the location on Surawong for just going around the corner to look for fun.

3 hours ago, moistmango said:

Patpong 2 was looking sad in the drizzle, so Tawan it was. (Also, being right next to the hotel helps.) Well ... things weren't much better there, unfortunately. Aside from one regular - short, well-built dude with tats all over, even on his thighs, and vaguely reminiscent of a chipmunk in the face department, whose name I don't know - it was a small sea of new faces. Even the guy I off-ed last year was not to be seen. The biggest surprise was the fact that they now boast twinks in the employee roster! It's the end of an era ..

Tawan started-out as a twink bar when it was on Surawong Road in the 80s. It only gradually became a muscle man bar. It was several years before the first muscle men started showing-up and they had both twinks and hunks alongside each other for several years.

3 hours ago, moistmango said:

There're lots of eating options on the soi itself, including a branch of Mango Tree -

That is the original location. The others are all branches. Mango Tree is owned by the same people who own that Chinese restaurant across the road from it; or at least it was.

7 hours ago, moistmango said:

Patpong 2 was looking sad in the drizzle, so Tawan it was. ........The biggest surprise was the fact that they now boast twinks in the employee roster! 

About the Quarter Silom: as with real estate, it's all location, location, location

When I was planning my first and so far only Sept trip back in 2017 several members warned me ' pack your umbrella". It was not bad abut I needed it few times.

I find twinks at Tawan very refreshing, at one visit I counted at least 5 and I must say I like them  even if twinks are not really my territory. Is good to have a choice.

For bar it's good idea as it broadens clients base.

While I agree location of Quarter Silom is close to perfect, central yet bit hidden. I'm not big fan myself as I find rooms bit cramped for a price. But they are well appointed and organized and very modern so it may satisfy many. The same I can say about Icon Styles on Silom between Convent and soi 3

5 hours ago, floridarob said:

I'm taking my final flight home tomorrow and will post about Thailand for the last 2 weeks, but your 1st night sounds a lot like my 2 weeks, except for the rain, I was lucky.

I still like the Tarntawan place and at 1100 thb with b'fast, was still a bargain. I stayed at the Conrad for a couple of nights, but can't beat the location on Surawong for just going around the corner to look for fun.

waiting for your word  abut last trip impatiently.

Do they still have that desk and guard by elevator in Tarntawan where they check ID of visitors, even in day time?

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

I find twinks at Tawan very refreshing, at one visit I counted at least 5 and I must say I like them  even if twinks are not really my territory. Is good to have a choice.

For bar it's good idea as it broadens clients base.

I guess, but Tawan was always the place where one could go to find a particular type - rugged bodybuilders who still had an edge to them, not all smoothed out in the way of Moonlight's models. Now it's just more or less like the other bars .. 

• Members
12 hours ago, floridarob said:

I agree on Conrad, it's location is not desirable for gay night life. 

59 minutes ago, moistmango said:

I guess, but Tawan was always the place where one could go to find a particular type - rugged bodybuilders who still had an edge to them, not all smoothed out in the way of Moonlight's models. Now it's just more or less like the other bars .. 

The ripped muscular guys who are still competing or kept their shape are mostly freelance and comes to bar if and when they are free or in need of money. So it can be a stroke of luck to find them if your star arent aligned. If u already have a person in particular u wanted to meet from previous encounter, maybe u can ask mamasan if the guy still with the bar or totally off the scene. Better yet, mamasan might call the guy for you to check if he is free, in which case, he deserve a tip hehe.

Many of the good ones have other jobs, PT, gym owner, etc, so they might not come everyday, especially during low season. 

38 minutes ago, spoon said:Many of the good ones have other jobs, PT, gym owner, etc, so they might not come everyday, especially during low season. 

So I was told! There were a bunch of regular faces at Tawan in the pre-pandemic days of yore - Tiger, for one - but I haven’t seen them around since I started coming back to Bkk last year. 

21 hours ago, moistmango said:

The papa from Hotmale dragged me up to its bar, but their boys, while fetching in an aspiring-Moonlight-model sort of way, were clad in red sweat pants. All very Abercrombie and Fitch if that's your thing, but it wasn't mine.  🙄

Cheers for reminding me of this. I remember overhearing another guest speculating around the red joggers saying that........ maybe because red is a lucky colour for the Chinese 😁

Actually rather nice to read an actual trip report that isn't just another tedious litany of "when and where I got fucked in the arse", - or the pursuit thereof - which is, effectively, what most of them are these days. Let us hope it doesn't go south from here...

9 hours ago, moistmango said:

It was 550 baht for an hour and a half,

700 for 1.5 hrs, no?

I told my guy that my butt was hurting from walking so much,  he paid a lot of attention to my ass, I got hard, lol

Then when I turned over he kept brushing between my legs into my crotch, purposely teasing me... thought he was going to go further, but he didn't 😟

7 hours ago, Department_Of_Agriculture said:

Actually rather nice to read an actual trip report that isn't just another tedious litany of "when and where I got fucked in the arse", - or the pursuit thereof - which is, effectively, what most of them are these days. Let us hope it doesn't go south from here...

Lol, high praise - I appreciate it ..

2 hours ago, floridarob said:

700 for 1.5 hrs, no?

I told my guy that my butt was hurting from walking so much,  he paid a lot of attention to my ass, I got hard, lol

Then when I turned over he kept brushing between my legs into my crotch, purposely teasing me... thought he was going to go further, but he didn't 😟

550 for the regular Thai plus a head-and-shoulder working over - no feet (which hurts like hell for me).

550 for the regular Thai plus a head-and-shoulder working over - no feet (which hurts like hell for me).

Take oil massage next time. This is where i believe prime shines hehe.

19 hours ago, moistmango said:

Has anyone tried propositioning the guys at Prime?

Rarely but not zero chance. And most of the time, it happens with oil massage. 

17 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

In my incident, the mamasan was explaining that the off fee was for the bar and the boy still expected a tip of [whatever amount - I can't recall]. The customer objected and claimed he had been misled, and said - this I remember - something along the lines of "In my country, 500 would be for everything." Of course, I don't know what country he was referring to, or even whether it had gogo bars of similar variety.

in reality what other country has boy gogos of similar variety ?

Mamasan was sensible by explaining whole process as in fact it's quite possible for novice in Thailand , not knowing prices , to assume that price quoted includes everything. This is a case in Japan I understand but of course not 500. 

Quite possible Toy Boy incident in report above  was result of such false assumption

One of massage guys I know recently had misfortune of having two Chinese customers in one day and they both refused to tip him claiming that massage fees should include everything. He says they were explained all , just played cheap trick. Poor boy, two assholes in one day on the table!

26 minutes ago, macaroni21 said:

sorry , double quote by mistake

5 hours ago, CallMeLee said:

Thanks for such a detailed and well written report! I'm interested to read more as I haven't ventured to Pattaya in any of my Thailand tips. ❤️

then go next time , If you don't you will never know doesn't matter how many reports you will read and how many clips on YouTube you will watch.

6 hours ago, forrestreid said:

If you like rougher-looking, straight-acting lads, Sunee Plaza might be a good option for you.

Nice Boys is a must to visit IMHO

I'm not sure if I should do a second round of Boyz Town tomorrow, or hit Jomtien or Sunee. Suggestions welcome. 

Depending of how many days you will be there but I would say make sure you visit  both areas. Not that it's very far, in 10-15  minutes by motorsai taxi you will be in Jomtien and walk from Boyztown to Sunee is even less then that. In Sunee you have only 2 go-gos, Winners and Nice Boys  so easily you can visit 2 areas  on one night. 

Second round in Boyztown is also good idea as there may be some pickings you missed on your first visit because of their absence.