Olddaddy

Don't be stingy

9 hours ago, Londoner said:

The cost of sanuk in Thailand? Here's my take.

I learnt all about Pattaya and the gay scene from a rent-boy in Amsterdam's Blue Boy.Yes, a brothel. 

Those who recall the scene will remember that clients paid for an hour and, when the time was up, the front desk would phone....and that was it, even if you were in the middle of a happy moment.

On the occasion I'm recalling, we'd finished early (please avoid any sarcasm!) and my partner, a painfully-cute British Black guy, to fill up the hour talked to me about the scene in Pattaya. I booked my first visit on my return home.  And so yes, the last thirty years of my life has been the consequence of that encounter.

Ex-punters will also  remember that, back in the late 90s, the cost of an hour at Blue Boy, and the other similar establishments,  was £100 plus. Six months in Pattaya later I was paying the equivalent of £20. 

I've just checked a couple agencies in London on-line. The cost of an hour here? between £150 and £200.

Gosh, I remember the Blue Boy, many happy encounters. You're right about prices, you won't get a decent guy in London for under 200, and usually more. Makes Thailand look good value!

2 hours ago, a-447 said:

I had a similar problem in Pattaya on my last visit.

For a numbet of years I would have a massage by the same guy every day of my holiday. When Covid struck he returned home and I thought I'd never see him again.

Then on my first night, as I walked through Boyztown, I heard my name being called. I turned around to see him rushing up to me.

I was really happy to connect with him, and he was happy because his walking atm had arrived.

He gave me a long sob-story - some of which was no doubt true- and told me he was desperately in need of money. So I said I'd be back around midnight and he could come back to my hotel. When I went to pick him up, he was sitting drinking with his friends at the massage place. He told me he was to drunk to do anything.

But.,.but...I told you I would come and pick you up tonight! Never mind. I'll see you tomorrow night.

Same,same. Sorry, I'm drinking with my friends.

Next day I get a request for 3000 baht.

When I explained that I wasn't a charity and that he'd have to earn it- I had already given him 2 chances to make some money  - he got very angry and stormed off. 

We never spoke again.

Good riddance!

1 hour ago, floridarob said:

So very common.....this business they're in, that everyone feels so sorry for them and throws money at them....imagine the people working for Thai normal wages, like at McDonalds......how long it takes for them to earn what some of these guys make in an hr. (I know people will say it's completely different, but it's my perspective)

If it was reversed and they found a new sugar daddy and you were still into him, they wouldn't have a problem.....so you shouldn't either.

Fair point about McDonald's, but those guys are on a salary, low though it is, and don't have to rely on us elderly farangs offing them from time to time. 

14 hours ago, a-447 said:

But.,.but...I told you I would come and pick you up tonight! Never mind. I'll see you tomorrow night.

Same,same. Sorry, I'm drinking with my friends.

Next day I get a request for 3000 baht.

When I explained that I wasn't a charity and that he'd have to earn it- I had already given him 2 chances to make some money  - he got very angry and stormed off. 

We never spoke again.

With such a bad attitude arrogance and laziness no wonder he was desperately in need of money .

I agree tipping should be agreed by both parties. A repeat usually means both party agrees that the tip given previously is acceptable. Some guys also knows their worth, same way we know whats the general asked.

I have a range that im comfortable with, and it varies a bit depending on how much i like the guy. So if he quoted anything within the range, i rarely haggle. But subsequently, if after the session, i find that its not worth the tip given, i rarely repeat, or only repeat next trip, or once a trip or none at all. In short, unlikely to be my regular.

I am very picky to begin with, so most of the time, the guy i chose already deserved the range im willing to give them. There are few exception here and there but generally, thats the case.

Very rarely, there are guys who fail to deliver, or cut short on the deals. In this case, its always case to case basis. If i dont think ill take him again, ill try to reach agreement with him on the lowest he will take vs the highest ill pay him for the service already rendered. I.e, if agreement was LT until breakfast and he wanted to leave at 3, 4, 5 am, then most of the time, ST tip is generally accepted, given that the session usually start closer to 2am anyway. If i decided to give the guy another chance, I pay him full agreed price. But only if he show the effort to honor the deal next time. Some guys are just to hard to say no to lol.

This sexy fem boy texted me he was leaving Pattaya because of not enough money. He was paying 700 baht a night at a guest house in jomtien.

So I told him to stay the week with me and I’ll pay him 2,000 baht a day, which he happily agreed to. He’s also on prep which is an added bonus because I don’t need a condom. Most guys request protection.

He loves shopping and eating out. Seems like he’d be very high maintenance boy friend. Always getting hair cut or dyed and manicures. Sexy clothes etc. He doesn’t speak a word of English hardly and we’re always using google translate.

The funny thing is he made friends with a pole dancer at a bar in jomtien, a pole dancer I screwed about a week ago. He bought many drinks and they went to soi 12 all night. But they are Cambodian and I wonder if the Cambodian boy told my Thai one that we had sex. Me and the Thai boy are seen together like a couple so maybe they are being discreet. Or maybe not. The Cambodian boy might be afraid I’ll never off him again if he blabs so there’s that.

51 minutes ago, Shonen said:

This sexy fem boy texted me he was leaving Pattaya because of not enough money. He was paying 700 baht a night at a guest house in jomtien.

So I told him to stay the week with me and I’ll pay him 2,000 baht a day, which he happily agreed to. He’s also on prep which is an added bonus because I don’t need a condom. Most guys request protection.

He loves shopping and eating out. Seems like he’d be very high maintenance boy friend. Always getting hair cut or dyed and manicures. Sexy clothes etc. He doesn’t speak a word of English hardly and we’re always using google translate.

The funny thing is he made friends with a pole dancer at a bar in jomtien, a pole dancer I screwed about a week ago. He bought many drinks and they went to soi 12 all night. But they are Cambodian and I wonder if the Cambodian boy told my Thai one that we had sex. Me and the Thai boy are seen together like a couple so maybe they are being discreet. Or maybe not. The Cambodian boy might be afraid I’ll never off him again if he blabs so there’s that.

700 Baht a day for a guesthouse in Jomtien OMG  is he serious? There's plenty of accommodation options for less than 100 $ all over Pattaya.

15 hours ago, Mavica said:

1.  PrEP is most effective when taken as directed.  Don't take it as one should, and it offers less protection.

2.  PrEP doesn't protect against many STDs, some serious.

3. Don't be lulled into a false sense of security.

And it's likely too many customers demand no protection, IMO ... selfishly placing the young men at risk.

Hey, I agree it’s selfish, I always used a condom. I didn’t have time to put one on, he just plopped on top of me. But I then realized why topping for me was difficult. 
 I don’t have any stds or hiv so I’m not placing him at risk. I suppose I’m putting myself at risk of an sti. 
I don’t demand no protection. However I asked several boys if they’re on prep and would they go bareback. They all only allow protection. That’s fine and I would never pressure them or offer more money for them to not use protection.

The first night I didn’t know he was on prep, so I told him not to trust anyone about their status. Then he mentioned he’s on prep. So if it’s someone else he would only use prep anyway.

23 hours ago, Boy69 said:

700 Baht a day for a guesthouse in Jomtien OMG  is he serious? There's plenty of accommodation options for less than 100 $ all over Pattaya.

100 baht? I don’t think so, I guess you’re joking.

Local guys on Prep.

Best to assume a limited understanding of the compliance issues involved. Also quite expensive for many local guys. How long can they afford to buy it, do they really take it everyday, are they doing regular testing for HIV and other STDs, and so on. 

3 hours ago, MaxBKK said:

Local guys on Prep.

Best to assume a limited understanding of the compliance issues involved. Also quite expensive for many local guys. How long can they afford to buy it, do they really take it everyday, are they doing regular testing for HIV and other STDs, and so on. 

Most of the one i know on prep are local thai, and they can get it for free from their gov hospital. And yes, they need to be tested regularly to get prep medication refill