Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gay Guides Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Gay Thailand

This is the main forum for all things gay in Thailand. Post about specific events, places, activities, questions, and comments under the relevant city heading. If commenting on more than one city or other parts of Thailand, use the general comments section below. Keep the topics related to information on Thailand.

  1. Guest dale1
    Started by Guest dale1,

    PUT THIS ON YOUR CHRISTMAS CALENDAR AND CALL FOR BOOKING NOW. TAKE CARE!! grand fundraising buffet at THE VENUE featuring the all new VENUE Christmas show and the TAKE CARE!! iconic LUCKY DRAW. Wednesday, 21 December 2016 … doors open at 8:00 … delicious buffet starts at 8:30 … provided by THE SPORTSMAN Bar for only 750 baht. For catering purposes, bookings required by 16 December … phone number and email address on the poster. Hope to see you there.

    • 2 replies
    • 1.5k views
  2. Started by firecat69,

    For those of you looking to travel next year air fares have become ridiculously low. Lots of $600 fares from East Coast USA. $500 from West Coast. Even saw fares in the $400's from certain European cities. Been awhile since this low!! I use Vayama recently but most search engines will have the fares.

  3. Started by faranglaw,

    So, being genreally out to lunch about what is happening in the world, I am sitting in the airport in Vancouver, on my way to LOS, and reading about the frightening changes in entry visas to Thailand. For 20+ years, Dear Husband and I have always booked our tickets from Bangkok to Vancouver, rather than from Vancouver, as it's usually cheaper. So I have always arrived and gotten the 30 day stamp on arrival, woth no return ticket in hand. Now the websites tell me they are asking for a return ticket as proof I will not overstay. I also read that getting an extension is not so easy anymore. I am planning to stay 40-45 days. I apologize for asking this, as I think th…

    • 22 replies
    • 5.6k views
  4. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    See poll. Note: Choose the nearest number. The "mind your own business" option is activated by not participating. Same goes for any other option not in the poll.

  5. Guest xlackness
    Started by Guest xlackness,

    Hi all.. Me and my best buddy will be visiting Bangkok on 24th of January, and also will be heading to Pattaya on 26th for 3 or 4 night and rest of the trip will be in Bangkok until 3rd February 2017, as this will be my first time to Pattaya i would appreciate if i can get some info from you guys. Like the best place to stay where i can bring in guys without having to pay extra.. I am not into twink/slim guys, i am more into muscular types, i love big asses as i am an Ass-Man. What are the best bars and massage places for my type of guys.. thanks all..

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  6. Started by floridarob,

    Going to BKK for a month in Jan-Feb and would like some advice on other good places to go....not cultural but for night/bed fun. I've been to PP Cambodia (was ok), Taiwan, China, Pattaya, Chiang Mai. I'm looking for someplace that will be inexpensive to go to/from within Thailand or closeby. A German friend that lives in BKK (for MANY years) says he doesn't go to gogo bars or Discos gets all his hookups on apps....he said I'd like Ubon. Any input/ideas/suggestions? Thanks

  7. Guest phatdaz
    Started by Guest phatdaz,

    Greetings!! The name's Daz! I'm a noob on here, so apologies if this is not the right place to post this message in the first place! So, I'm an Indian chubby bear, going to be in Pattaya from 20th Dec till the 3rd! I'm into chubby bears myself but at the end of the day its all down to chemistry. I'm coming with a straight friend! so he won't be joining me for any of the shows/cabaret events and such. Soo simply put, I'm looking for a friend, a companion, whatever, someone who could join me for an evening of drinks and such. Secondly! Which are the good bars to go to? i'm more into the just sitting down, watching the telly and people watching kinda guy l…

  8. Started by Alizizou,

    Just coming from tawan last nite..off tong..inside the bar he tell me that his price for short time is 2000bht but after we finish he ask 3000bht..luckily i have enough cash and just give him to avoid any argument..but next time i still want to off him because his great body,handsome face and kind attitude..sorry for my broken englis..lol..

  9. Started by Huncsaba,

    Hi boys! Just a quick question: Chialis (or Viagra) legal or illegal in Thailand? Thx for the answers.

  10. Guest Promsak
    Started by Guest Promsak,

    Sorry if this is a bit late but if you'd like a Christmas Dinner in a gay pub in Bangkok you could try Balcony in Silom Soi 4. Tomorrow, Christmas Day. The tickets for a full 3 course dinner are about 600 Baht. Starting at 6:00pm. Tickets have been on pre-sale but possibly you could turn up on the evening and take your chance. Safer to pop along tonight and get a ticket. The reports were that their thanksgiving turkey dinners were delicious. Details on their newsletter and probably on their website. http://www.balconypub.com/ And there is 10% discount for holders of their lifetime member's card (available on the spot).

    • 0 replies
    • 1k views
  11. Guest tcoil
    Started by Guest tcoil,

    Hi, Going to Bangkok and then Pattaya later this month (Christmas & New Years). It's my second time to Bangkok, first to Pattaya. I'm primarily interested in people's recent experiences with average drink price, off fee, and short term fee. If anyone can share this, I'd appreciate it. Also, anyone familiar with multi-boy discounts or expectations? Second, what are some favorite places in Bangkok that aren't in Soi Twilight or otherwise off the beaten path. I'm even interested in cruisey places that might not be explicitly go-go places. Finally, for Pattaya, I haven't been, but would like to have a hot, fun, kinda raunchy time at the beach. Suggestions …

  12. Started by gerefan,

    The Come In Bar in Sunee Plaza is to close permanently after business,tomorrow, Thursday 22 December. What a crying shame as one of my best mates has been a barman there for 14 years and the bar has been there a lot longer than that. I'm beginning to think that soon Sunee Plaza will consist of only the Double Shot and Ting Tong complex....

  13. Guest ronnie4you
    Started by Guest ronnie4you,

    I am trying to show you a picture of the guy I saw in Thailand over several visits and who I classify as my favorite Thai guy. He's fully clothed, and the picture is about ten years old, so I doubt that he would mind my posting it. I don't know what became of him, but if anyone knows who he is, I'd sure like to look him up on my visit. I met him in the mid-nineties in Chiang Mai, and last saw him in Bangkok. So I scanned his picture, but for the life of me cannot get it to attach. Ideas? I am using Windows 10 . Okay, I got it here, but how do I rotate it? And why is it way down there?

    • 8 replies
    • 2.4k views
  14. Hi all, I am leaving Vancouver tomorrow and have a developing tooth ache. Arrgh. I don't think I can get an appointment here today. Can anyone recommend a decent dentist in Bangkok at a reasonable fee? Thanks in advance!

  15. Started by gerefan,

    My Phamasist tells me they don't do ear syringing in Thailand. That right? I need one doing...anyone know where it's possible, if at all?

  16. Started by Vessey,

    A tad early yet perhaps, but here goes: And for the next one I have asked Santa if I can borrow his little helper on the left to keep me warm on Christmas Night Meanwhile I am saving up my $20 bills (well ok £20 notes) for my upcoming trip in two weeks time.

    • 1 reply
    • 1.5k views
  17. Guest
    Started by Guest,

    A few observations: 1 Booking.com v Trip Advisor Whilst (as has been pointed out here) booking.com reviews have the advantage that each reviewer has really booked the hotel, the need of the website to promote their customers hotels skews their review system. (a) Booking.com review scores are calculated. I give one desperate hotel minimum marks on everything except location and it calculates a score of 4.2. 42% for a desperately poor hotel ! Too much grade inflation there! (b) Once my unfavourable review is accepted, it's not top of the list, but way down on the second page. Yet when I post favourable reviews on other hotels, these are first on the list! Ha…

  18. So I'd like to thank everyone for the advice in my first crowdsourcing thread about massages for the non-massage customer: http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/10628-crowdsourcing-best-massage-options-for-a-non-massage-customer/ Now that the secret is out and I am currently planning my Myanmar trip this December. I am not spending a lot of time in Myanmar (5 nights total), so time is of the essence. I have scoured z909's amazing Myanmar thread here: http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/10211-mandalay-bagan/ So I am spending Yangon - 2 nights Bagan - 2 nights Mandalay - 1 night What I have done do far: 1. I have no time for Inle Lak…

  19. Started by gaperking,

    Just out of interest: anyone on this forum living in BKK or Pattaya?

  20. When you go to Thailand a few times every year your family and collegues will of course start to get the (correct!) idea you are a sex tourist. But many will not reply "I go for sex, I will fuck a few boys every day and then fly back" to the question "Why you go again to Thailand". I am out of excuses, basically don't answer that question anymore, just smile. But what do your guys answer to these recurring questions from collegues or family? I can need some tips. Another one: you think they believe your answer? Or is it a 'we know why you go but we do not talk about it' situation in your case?

  21. Guest sydneyboy
    Started by Guest sydneyboy,

    What is the current state of the Bangkok bar scene? Reading this and other forums the messages appear to be mixed. There was a comment here that last night Jupiter was packed but I have read that Soi Twilight has been pretty dead. What about the Tawan? Comments from recent/current visitors and residents welcome.

  22. Guest DThump
    Started by Guest DThump,

    Sawadtee Gay Network has become what appears to be a gay travel log with few posters and few topics on a once vibrant forum. Gaybutton has become a ongoing political discussion centering around the U.S. election with the occastioal post of a new bar openning in Pattaya or gay American Indians being allowed to marry. Gaythailand seems to have a loyal base made larger with refugees from S.G.T. and remains focused on what is a diminishing remainder of subjects of interest to gay expats and visitors to Thailand.

  23. Guest JorgeBTT
    Started by Guest JorgeBTT,

    Hello, can anyone recommend a cool place for dinner on new year's eve? Doesn´t have to have to be fancy... Just cool, good food and lots of fun Thank you Jorge

    • 2 replies
    • 1.4k views
  24. Started by Jhoony,

    This will be a relatively short and to the point report. Not the full on prose like others. Very long flight here so very tired. 10 pm arrival. No queues at airport whatsoever. No queues for taxi. Expressway very easy Arrived late so only went to Soi twilight at 12. The two bars at the entrance busy as per usual. The only place to have a reasonably priced drink. 140 for beer. The boys there are very good at remembering you and are alot of fun. I always buy them plenty of drinks and that's probably why they remember me. They confirmed short time rates in bars 1500 to 2000 and long time to 2000 to 3000. That accords with my understanding. These are for quali…

  25. Guest ronnie4you
    Started by Guest ronnie4you,

    Guys, I have been to Thailand 14 times since 1987. That doesn't mean that I am up to date. It's been 3-4 years since the last visit. So I am open to suggestions as to what to do. Going to the bars was a big deal in the early days, not so much now. One or two sex shows will do me in. But this time, I will be there 18 nights with the husband. He's happy enough to go to the sex shows, but, being Asian himself, he has an attraction to Westerners/Caucasians more than he does to Asians. I am the opposite of course. But we travel well together. I find that I like the convenience of the massage parlors, Bunny in particular. Hero never worked for me to the extent that othe…

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.