Wellhellothere

I went to dream boys last night and drinks price is horrendous

Recently tried a Bangkok restaurant known for combining Thai and Italian cuisines. The result was dishes that looked Italian but tasted like Thai. And the portions may have been small but you couldn’t  say that about the check.

I love both cushiness but trying to get one to impersonate  the other I do not.

4 hours ago, PeterRS said:

I recall an excellent italian restaurant opening in a major city in England. Friends and I thought the cuisine quite wonderful. One guest who travelled extensively in Italy dismissed it as Italian food as the English like it!

I grew up on the Japanese version of Italian food.

On my trip to Italy I was really looking forward to trying the real thing. I was very disappointed as the food was quite bland compared to the Japanese-style. My Italian "friend" here told me the originsl delicious food can be found only in the home, and preferably cooked by nonna.

Next time I go to Italy I think I'll take my own Dolmio sauce!

BTW, the Japanese Western-style food (called 'youshoku') is better than anything else I've eaten in any Western country, including France. Their beef stew is to die for!

55 minutes ago, vinapu said:

then don't buy

I won't.

I don't have the patience nor the social skills to pretend to "entertain" a group of money boys .

I will have to sit there and pretend to be nice striking up broken english conversations.

I'm not a people person,I don't like people actually 

8 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Can't see any sense buying whisky and mixers for a group of working guys in a go go bar 

Personally  I am not alcohol consumer at go go bars  I usually order Soda with lemon or orange juice but I can see the sense of buying whisky and mixers if you coming as a group to the bar of 2/3 people or more and want to spend couple of hours there .

34 minutes ago, Boy69 said:

I can see the sense of buying whisky and mixers if you coming as a group to the bar of 2/3 people or more and want to spend couple of hours there .

In my slightly younger days, I found this was a wonderful way of breaking the ice, as it were, and being joined by a group of handsome dancers. @Olddaddy should try it. Great way to become a people person with cute guys.

3 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Personally  I am not alcohol consumer at go go bars  I usually order Soda with lemon or orange juice but I can see the sense of buying whisky and mixers if you coming as a group to the bar of 2/3 people or more and want to spend couple of hours there .

another advantage is that if you have bottle opened next time you and 1-2 of your friends accompanied enter bar free , no need to bur a drink

15 hours ago, vinapu said:

genuine fake whisky ?

Rebottling cheap wine and spirits has been a time-honored scam world wide for years. It’s most profitable customers are the wealthy who can’t pass up a potential bargain. Even when they realize they were taken in by their own greed, they’re too proud and embarrassed to acknowledge it.