kokopelli3

DoDo Bar - Jomtien Complex

I suspect not Keith, but if they did it would be a step in the right direction ie a Gogo opening in the Complex. Perhaps with the bar being busy the owner will be able to generate some tea money for the bib, following which a relaxation of rules could occur.

i will be visiting in two weeks to see for myself.

Nice video clips there aussie.

I wish the bar the best of luck with their innovation.

However, it was always said that gogo dancing is not allowed in Jomtien, Of course, those guys are not on a stage, just dancing round. Not sure if that will make a difference with the powers that be.

9 hours ago, Patanawet said:

Is it the BIB or the landowners that is the problem?

It's the law! When Interior Minister Purachai launched his Social Order campaign in the early 2000s, he introduced nightllife zoning and restricted certain areas for 'fun' activites. I believe Jomtien Complex is not one of the areas. In this respect, one would assume that monthly fat brown envelopes would satisfy the BIB. But with so many bars clustered in one area, if one is allowed to get away with go-go type activity, others will either complain and have it shut down or will also want to get in on the act. The latter, I expect, would draw the attention of the athorities and almost immediate closures.

19 hours ago, Shonen said:

It would be fun if they used the model set by Eros or Good Boys from Sunee plaza.

Maybe close off the front so you can’t see in from the outside.

It would be great fun. But a closed frontage is not going to stop the BIB. Some other owner will get pissed off at the custom that bar is attracting and submit an anonymous tip. And that will lead to an anonymous raid. Hope I'm wrong, though.