12is12

Tips for a dfrnt type of sex tourist, pls.

Hi Guys, 

I have a gay friend, 40 yo, caucasian, good looking, into mature of 60+. 

He'll visit Bangkok and Phuket for other reasons, but would naturally like to also have some fun. 

It's not his 1st time. He knows that the oldies r there for the young locals. In the past, the apps didnt help much either. Nevertheless, we're wondering whether anyone here might offer some useful tips.

If not for sex itself, r there in Bangkok any gay bars clubs (not gogo), where he might just enjoy the vibe?

Guess in Phuket there's only Zag...

For sex, it sounds like he'd be at home at Heaven Sauna. Lots of Asian daddies and their admirers.

https://gaytravelr.com/thailand/bangkok/saunas/heaven-sauna

For a different vibe (if he likes this sort of thing) is Maggie Choo's. Every Sunday, Maggie Choo’s hosts a huge, elaborate gay party. From lip-synching shows, fancy costumes, and tons of dancing, Those who do not want to dance can instead opt to sit on the vintage leather sofas or simply lounge while surrounded by the 1930s Shanghai-themed décor. Open until 2 a.m. on Sundays.

Maggie Choo’s, 320 Silom Rd, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok, Thailand, +66 91 772 2144

https://www.instagram.com/p/BQw07iFB3Mn/?tagged=maggiechoos&hl=en

3 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Hi Guys, 

He'll visit Bangkok and Phuket for other reasons, but would naturally like to also have some fun. 

It's not his 1st time. He knows that the oldies r there for the young locals. In the past, the apps didnt help much either. Nevertheless, we're wondering whether anyone here might offer some useful tips.

If not for sex itself, r there in Bangkok any gay bars clubs (not gogo), where he might just enjoy the vibe?

Guess in Phuket there's only Zag...

I'd guess many of the bars on Soi 4 for just vibes.

Don't know about the sex aspect... might be harder to get the attention of older gentlemen who're there for the local boys, not only because of age, but because of other aesthetic reasons too.

But I guess it is always worth trying the saunas recommended, and the usual apps... not everyone is quite specific about what they want and it wouldn't be right to suggest that *all* the old farang in Thailand are there for one thing.

Thx for trying to help, guys; perhaps I wasnt clear.

Vinapu: of course there r "ancients" on grindr, but they r there for young locals rather than 40ish caucasians.

Ditto Reader and Heaven sauna.

Or m I wrong? 

Omega, could u pls b more specific regarding bars on soi 4?

while people in our age bracket may be there mainly for young locals, some people might be flattered to be approached by a handsome man even if he's not the sort of guy they are usually looking for.

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

You mean not all are to visit Grand Palace , Wat Arun and Reclining Buddha at Wat Po? I'm shocked.

Surely some are there to discuss their stamp collections and world events

9 hours ago, 12is12 said:

I have a gay friend, 40 yo, caucasian, good looking, into mature of 60+..... but would naturally like to also have some fun.

That was the reason I suggested Heaven Sauna. It attracts mature Asians who'd probably find a man of your friend's description quite attractive. It's clientele isn't necessarily youngish guys.

17 hours ago, 12is12 said:

Thx for trying to help, guys; perhaps I wasnt clear.

Vinapu: of course there r "ancients" on grindr, but they r there for young locals rather than 40ish caucasians.

Ditto Reader and Heaven sauna.

Or m I wrong? 

Omega, could u pls b more specific regarding bars on soi 4?

There are lots of bars on Soi 4 that are just bars. It's not a very long Soi. Your friend could walk along it, pick one he likes the look of, take a seat and have a chat with the other patrons. My Favourites are Telephone and Stranger Bar, but your friend might enjoy different venues.

On 8/30/2023 at 3:22 PM, 12is12 said:

Hi Guys, 

It may be helpful if we had clarification if the friend is into mature Asian guys, or more Caucasian-looking mature guys.

Because if he is into Caucasian-looking mature guys, he may find that a lot of them are in Thailand specifically in order to  chase young guys, and are not interested.

But if he likes Asian mature guys, I would say if he went into ant of the saunas and showed a little interest in the older guys there, he would be fighting them off...?

5 hours ago, omega said:

There are lots of bars on Soi 4 that are just bars. It's not a very long Soi. Your friend could walk along it, pick one he likes the look of, take a seat and have a chat with the other patrons. My Favourites are Telephone and Stranger Bar, but your friend might enjoy different venues.

Circus for me. You can also  sit outside Banana bar and pop in to see the show!

15 hours ago, forrestreid said:

It may be helpful if we had clarification if the friend is into mature Asian guys, or more Caucasian-looking mature guys.

Because if he is into Caucasian-looking mature guys, he may find that a lot of them are in Thailand specifically in order to  chase young guys, and are not interested.

But if he likes Asian mature guys, I would say if he went into ant of the saunas and showed a little interest in the older guys there, he would be fighting them off...?

Yup. Decent point here.

But either way; you're not really gonna find old men selling their bodies on go go stages.

You will find them in bars, on apps, in saunas... and you just start a conversation and find out if they're interested.

(But not if its a go-go place, and they're eyeing the boys on the stage)

21 hours ago, omega said:

Telephone hasn't been Telephone for years --- now CIRCUS.
Maybe Balcony or Connections would be better.