jason1975

Weekend in Bangkok

And that concludes my trip report. To be honest, I didn't know whether to write and post it since it's so short.

Some update after my trip - my "cha nuoi" lost his gig at Dreamboys after the bar let go of all non-Thai guys. He tried to go to Freshboys or Banana Bar but they are full at moment.

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

And that concludes my trip report. To be honest, I didn't know whether to write and post it since it's so short.

Some update after my trip - my "cha nuoi" lost his gig at Dreamboys after the bar let go of all non-Thai guys. He tried to go to Freshboys or Banana Bar but they are full at moment.

You supported him so long but once you finally saw him spent only one time with him ?

3 hours ago, jason1975 said:

He says he rarely gets customers because there are so many guys on stage and he is older than the rest

One major reason for that might be that quite a few customers regard the Vietnamese as a plague on the Bangkok bar scene on account of their attitudes. That has been discussed on other threads on this forum and elsewhere as well. Of course they have their takers, who are mostly Chinese. A common pushy attitude makes them culturally compatible, I suppose. and the Chinese tend to favour fairer skin, which suits me just fine. The customers I would rather not see going with the boys that I would never want is a win-win for all. Also, that ugly tattoo may have put quite a few people off, although there will definitely be some who find it appealing. On balance, though. I doubt that it helps him. In any event, Dream Boy wasn't a hotbed of customers looking for Viets. He was probably in the wrong place.

2 hours ago, jason1975 said:

He tried to go to Freshboys or Banana Bar but they are full at moment.

I have never heard of a bar turning down boys because they are too full. Generally, the more boys the better as it means more business for the bar. Considering that Fresh Boys is full of Viets and attracts customers who like that look, one would have thought they would be keen on him. They would only have turned him down if they did not think he was salebale or if he had a bad reputation. Maybe the fact that he was only keen on collecting his allowance for showing-up at Dream Boy was a deterrent.

2 hours ago, jason1975 said:

my "cha nuoi" lost his gig at Dreamboys after the bar let go of all non-Thai guys.

On Dream Boy going back to being an only Thai boys bar, that is the best news from Bangkok all year. Good riddance to the foreigners. Many of the Thai boys there weren't happy about the influx of non-Thais. As one of them said to me on LINE shortly after the recent episode, "Foreigners cannot be trusted." A bit harsh, but understandable. They used to advertise proudly that their bar was "Only Thai Boys" and I look forward to seeing that sign out there again.

65392966_444575889713831_5875544617029468160_o.jpg

On Sol, I look forward to someone eventually sharing some real information on that bar, although what has been visible so far looks quite promising. I haven't seen anything on the other two forums either and as both of those seem quite dead, I won't be holding my breath either. Some intrepid member of this forum will have to venture in and report back as a public service.

1 hour ago, Department_Of_Agriculture said:

On Dream Boy going back to being an only Thai boys bar, that is the best news from Bangkok all year. Good riddance to the foreigners. Many of the Thai boys there weren't happy about the influx of non-Thais. As one of them said to me on LINE shortly after the recent episode, "Foreigners cannot be trusted." A bit harsh, but understandable. They used to advertise proudly that their bar was "Only Thai Boys" and I look forward to seeing that sign out there again.

Dude. Seriously. 

12 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Great report  from such short trip. Hope your guy lands somewhere , at least he has his day job. I like that tattoo  but yes , I would be bit upset if money I send for support went to such vanity but if no conditions were made , after all it was his money.

I had the same with certain HC when I learned  string on my quite generous tips after we spent few nights together went to eye improving plastic surgery . I did not detect any difference.

Why to spend money on brand name Kleins when  fake one are quite passable and in reality either hidden or removed beats me but what do I know?

That round of drinks looks very generous although I feel sorry for guy's liver if he needs to gulp alcohol to get some cash.   

10 hours ago, Department_Of_Agriculture said:

On Dream Boy going back to being an only Thai boys bar, that is the best news from Bangkok all year. Good riddance to the foreigners.

that's nonsense for both ethical and practical reasons. If bar introduced en masse "Thailand first ' policy pretty fast their scenes would be emptying and bar tables will follow.

They may be customers who prefer Thais only but I doubt it's massive sentiment. As "foolish" member  noted above, being cute counts , not passport or even lack of it.

And by the way that policy looked may be good on their sign but in reality there were non-Thais working as well. And sadly,  recent purge cleared also few Thais. One who alerted me about being let go was actually Thai

I suspect the sign on Dream boys is aimed to the police than to potential customers, I doubt that it is true,  I don't think customers are asking boys for their nationality before offing them who cares from which country the boy is if customer likes him . In my last trip I had great experience with 2 Vietnamese and they were exactly my taste I didn't find them less enjoyable than Thais. 

• Members
2 hours ago, Boy69 said:

I suspect the sign on Dream boys is aimed to the police than to potential customers, I doubt that it is true,  I don't think customers are asking boys for their nationality before offing them who cares from which country the boy is if customer likes him . In my last trip I had great experience with 2 Vietnamese and they were exactly my taste I didn't find them less enjoyable than Thais. 

Personally I prefer Thai than Vietnamese, Filipino, Chinese, Singaporeans, Taiwanese, HongKonger, or Indians.  I don't know much about Japanese or Koreans, so I can't comment on these two.