numazu

Bangkok Trip Report: To Butterfly or not to Butterfly Part 2 – The Devil and the Angel

.He was constantly LINEing me yesterday....

As I make my way through Thaniya Plaza I get a call from MonBoy....... I don’t answer. He sends me a ton of messages ...... He calls me again....  After a few calls and then a ton of messages I reply back ....

I felt my phone vibrate a million times from MonBoy...

While this was happening my phone was vibrating a lot, most probably texts from MonBoy. It was vibrating so much that my phone was about to fall off the counter ledge.... 

Honestly I'm impressed will all that communication covering, if I read carefully just 2 hours.

I know it probably generational but I'd consider my vacation day ruined if required to pay an attention to my phone/computer/ whatever to such an extend.

Sometimes I observe patrons in Bangkok or Pattaya bars who spent more time on their phones than admiring bodies on a scene in front of them.

I guess living in a cave has it's advantages at least as my vacation time goes.

I'm glad you made up with MonBoy as from your narrative and description he is worth all that inconvenience although not disciplined enough with that missing appointment. I'd be tempted to believe him that he is confused by that whole am / pm thing though. I had this in the past and always use morning / evening  or breakfast / dinner instead    

Namzu I think you are too hard on the boy, SE calture have a different time presption than our western culture everything is more calm and easy I got used to it that a meeting hour date is only a general frame for the South asians .You don't have to be angry on Monboy he seems very nice lad to me.

I actually think numazu's mock anger act was great. Other customers might not be as forgiving, so giving MonBoy an impression of how things could derail when breaking promises isn't a bad lesson to learn.

They are both lucky. Numazu landed with great boy and MonBoy got his tip.

If it would be me, boy would be told in advance  l wait till 12 and if you don't show up   I assume you are not coming so don't bother. No chance to call , e-mail etc. since it only opens window for excuses.  

But I would search him later to find out what happend and point out that he missed his money. Looks that this approach it's working, at least for me. No fake anger , just money speaks or falls silent.

SE culture have a different time presption than our western culture everything is more calm and easy I got used to it that a meeting hour date is only a general frame for the South asians 

when culture clashes with my limited vacation time I rather take side of reducing my losses.

No need for scenes and anger, just simple ' you weren't there at time agreed so I went home / picked another boy' etc should suffice 

Numazu is a connoisseur of fine life experiences.

He is not just putting notches on a bed post. He is savoring every aspect of those moments. At any point in life he can go back and look at a written memory and real the orchard where that memory was created, the vintage, and the year. And much like a wine connoisseur he can open pop the cork on that memory and savor it down to its finest detail.

Ah.. Burboy... Bangkok... early 2017... ah yes... That was one of my favorite memories...

I wish I had something like that to look back on. My events are more like drinking soda. I pop the top, guzzle it down and throw away the can. When I get thirsty I reach into the ice chest and hope I pull out another one as refreshing as the last one.

Nothing saved, just a bunch of empty forgotten cans...

Keep it up numazu!

Thanks for great report as always but.....

WHY Uniqlo???? There are many shops in California and also US Online shop too. Prices in BKK aren't cheaper than US.

You can happily ignore my fashion advice but if I were you, I would buy T-shirts at a shop uniquely Thai such as Thai fashion brand 'Greyhound' or ' Fox Pixel by Paul B' both at Siam Centre 3F.

Or you could buy those silly T-shirts like 'Six Pack coming up" " I am moving on" etc.

If you like Ramen, a very reputable Japanese Ramen restaurant chain 'Nanase' opened its newest branch, a small shop at Suriwong/Thaniya corner recently. It's reasonably priced and tasty. Highly recommended.

http://www.nanase-th.com/index.php?pageID=4&shopID=15

Guest samebb

If you like Ramen, a very reputable Japanese Ramen restaurant chain 'Nanase' opened its newest branch, a small shop at Suriwong/Thaniya corner recently. It's reasonably priced and tasty. Highly recommended.

http://www.nanase-th.com/index.php?pageID=4&shopID=15

The choice of restaurant was my doing. Kuku does a lunch special for 130b where you get a table full of rices, raman, salads ect. It's really quite fantatic. The place you mentioned looks good also. Maybe a bit out of the way for my usual areas.

"didn’t let him hold my hand this time though. I felt a little bit shy if there were people in close quarters seeing this PDA."

Thailand is the most gay tollerent country in the world really nobodys cares if you and your boy walk holding hands there is nothing to be a shame of beeing gay I am little bit disappointed from you here...

Thailand is the most gay tollerent country in the world really nobodys cares if you and your boy walk holding hands there is nothing to be a shame of beeing gay ...

Not really. It's a very conservative Buddhist country and outside of the gay areas I think the locals would not appreciate any shenanigans.

Guest samebb

Not really. It's a very conservative Buddhist country and outside of the gay areas I think the locals would not appreciate any shenanigans.

Yeah. I mean look what happened to the Chiang Mai pride a few years back.... You don't see Thai's acting like that in Public either. 

I would say Spain is probably the most tolerant country in the world, if not close to being it. 

I walked many times holding hands with boys in Thailand with no issue at all , many times even received nice smiles from Thai people looking at us ,the Thai calture is less tolerance to kissing in public but holding hands or showing genetle affection is totally acceptable.

Guest samebb

I walked many times holding hands with boys in Thailand with no issue at all , many times even received nice smiles from Thai people looking at us ,the Thai calture is less tolerance to kissing in public but holding hands or showing genetle affection is totally acceptable.

You clearly don't understand Thai culture. I am going to assume something here, which I know might be a mistake. I am guessing you are a mature white guy. Very few Thai's would do anything but smile at you, whatever you are doing. 

Don't mistake cultural values for behaviour acceptance. Having said that, Bangkok is very progressive and I am sure many of the population are totally comfortable with gay lifestyles. 

Just don't push things to far... I can assure you even in Bangkok, there is one guy that will punch you in the face. Been there, seen that! 

(you are safe in Silom) 

Samebb above is right. Hand holding in public is almost never seen , even in Pattaya.

I walked with boy holding hands only once , it was short stretch from Screwboys to Take-a-Nap, at midnight and entirely in boy's initiative and still I did not feel that comfortable even if boy was of quite mature age (`30).

On another had , on quite a few occasions I sensed that boy is not that comfortable to even be seen walking with me  so I let him to walk a bit ahead or behind, in two cases / the same boy / we even walked on opposite sides of Suriwong at his request and I could see why - he was stopped few times by some acquaintances so likely did not want to be seen with farang . And again we are not talking about boy looking and being  on rather young side.  

So yes , advice of not pushing things too far is sensible one.