spoon

Trip Report Christmas and New Year 2.0 Rinse and Repeat

@spoon I am so jealous of you for getting that Moonlight shorts!

i have been busy at work and lazy during the weekends to write about my trip in December during Christmas.

i shall try to write about it soon - and combine it with upcoming trip this weekend. It’s the Chinese New Year holidays and I shall be in bangkok for 3 nights!

8 hours ago, GWMinUS said:

Hope the shorts fit you!! Or that you can find a Hard Slim Young Man to model them in your room...  

Too bad i got it on my last night in bangkok and my boy of the night is too shy to wear it lol. Of course it is no secret the shorts will never fit me lol. 

1 hour ago, jason1975 said:

@spoon I am so jealous of you for getting that Moonlight shorts!

i have been busy at work and lazy during the weekends to write about my trip in December during Christmas.

i shall try to write about it soon - and combine it with upcoming trip this weekend. It’s the Chinese New Year holidays and I shall be in bangkok for 3 nights!

I am more jealous of you going to bangkok for the CNY! Its a 4 day weekend here but flight ticket is too high to justify the trip, and i havent even begin to see the hotel price. 

9 hours ago, vinapu said:

great start,

waiting for more impatiently

More will come in due time, worry not hehe.

Selamat malam dari disini. Having arrived back here a few days ago I cannot confirm around 1/1 is busiest-at the mo its even more crazy and esp. with all types of Chinese, Taiwan/Honky, and esp. the mainlanders. And of course plenty from south of the border too, the faithful and always welcome malays. You must also suffer from the bad rate for the THB-I well remember it was always 10 baht for the ringgit, but its now under 8.

There are at least 2 new HTLs under construction in the Silom area, one will be an Ibis styles. So maybe next yr more chances.

How long will it take before those prized ML-shorties are starting to appear as copynearreal on the Silom stands..........

21 minutes ago, pong said:

Selamat malam dari disini. Having arrived back here a few days ago I cannot confirm around 1/1 is busiest-at the mo its even more crazy and esp. with all types of Chinese, Taiwan/Honky, and esp. the mainlanders. And of course plenty from south of the border too, the faithful and always welcome malays. You must also suffer from the bad rate for the THB-I well remember it was always 10 baht for the ringgit, but its now under 8.

There are at least 2 new HTLs under construction in the Silom area, one will be an Ibis styles. So maybe next yr more chances.

How long will it take before those prized ML-shorties are starting to appear as copynearreal on the Silom stands..........

I dont want to jump ahead of my reports but rather than saying it is more crowded during new year compared to chinese new year, id say there are much more gays around the new year, particularly from christmas to new year, and white party play a huge role in this respect. Im pretty sure CNY will be crowded too, and baht seems to drop quite a bit, but type of crowd might not matched the crowd ive seen during my new year visit. Hot young multiracial gays left and right lol If anything, im willing to bet songkran will see much similar crowd instead, albeit wetter lol

I spent a Chinese New Year break in Bangkok with a side trip to Pattaya - it's not as crowded as Christmas to Jan 1 peak but it's busy.  Many, many of the boys, though, chose to go home for this period, especially the Vietnamese.

Spoon - looking forward to your report - you bring a good time spirit with you and it rubs off on those around you.

2 hours ago, spoon said:

... to book a grab to the train station. It shouldve taken me around 5min to do it, but new regulation requires all user to take a selfie to make a booking. The problem is their selfie apps sucks, cant recognize my face, keep getting error like too bright, too close etc, and i cant take or share previously taken pictures to be submitted too. I wasted a good 20min trying and then gave up, asked my sister to book the grab for me instead. 

Gee, shortly we will need  to scan passport, our fingerprints and certificate  of smallpox vaccination to get a taxi. Technology slowly is strangling us without anesthetic

Gosh, what a stressful departure from KL! Grab issues, check-in issues, hold up at security, running to the gate, losing phone.... doesn't get more hectic than that!
But for future trips remember that boarding almost NEVER starts at the time stated on the boarding pass. In my experience in at least 90% of the cases it starts at least 10 minutes, often 20 minutes later than stated, which is still enough time for an on time departure.

I'm a little confused though with this:   

12 hours ago, spoon said:

I arrived at the airport, already checked in online, so rush to the gate, and of course, they wanted to weigh all the carry-on for all passengers. And it turns out im a little over, so had to take out some stuff, moved them to my backpack, and were also asked to go to counter to print a new boarding pass. At the counter, the nice lady kindly reminded me that it will be quite a walk to my gate (literally the last gate at the far end of Pier P) so she told me to rush there.

On the one hand, you said "already checked in, so rush to the gate", but then it sounds you were actually at the check-in counter, not the flight gate, checking bag weights and reprinting boarding pass. Couldn't you really go straight through security & immigration with your own mobile (or home-printed) boarding pass?

7 minutes ago, anddy said:

Gosh, what a stressful departure from KL! Grab issues, check-in issues, hold up at security, running to the gate, losing phone.... doesn't get more hectic than that!
But for future trips remember that boarding almost NEVER starts at the time stated on the boarding pass. In my experience in at least 90% of the cases it starts at least 10 minutes, often 20 minutes later than stated, which is still enough time for an on time departure.

I'm a little confused though with this:   

On the one hand, you said "already checked in, so rush to the gate", but then it sounds you were actually at the check-in counter, not the flight gate, checking bag weights and reprinting boarding pass. Couldn't you really go straight through security & immigration with your own mobile (or home-printed) boarding pass?

Actually, if i use mobile check-in through the app, i could. But silly me, i checked in using the link on my email, so it was a web check in that require me to print the boarding pass at the kiosk. However, i can only print using kiosk 1 hour before departure. So i was obviously too late to do that. So i try to go to the departure gate, and thats where they were weighing in the bag. Since i was over, she asked me to pay for checked in luggage, as well as print boarding pass. I went to the counter nearest to the gate, got my boarding pass but instead of paying ridiculous amount for luggage, i shift some items to my relatively empty backpack and got the weight just enough for the lady at the gate to let me through. 

I do noticed chances are slim that the boarding happened on time. But i also had experienced before where the attendant closed the gate on time and i actually saw them closing the gate, and of course i had to wait overnight for the earliest flight the next day. I rather rush, get in some exercises along the way, than missing flight and all the fun awaits lol. As i wrote the experience, i still feel glad that i manage to catch the flight. The delay allows me to cool down and dry off, otherwise, my flight wouldve been very uncomfortable for me and person sitting next to me.

1 Zip up pockets are very useful when travelling, for phones, wallets, passports etc

2  Although planes almost never board on time, beware of ridiculously early boarding.   Had my name announced over the Tannoy for a BKK-Siem Reap flight.  I sprinted to the gate and was last on a bus which drove what must be the maximum possible distance from gate to plane at that airport.    

One thing i forgot to mention about my visit to moonlight. I recognized one guy i took LT before on previous trip in aug. He used to work in screwboys and i described him as jericho rosales look alike. Body is toned medium size but his smile is the winning feature of his whole outlook. He recognized me and as well as my friend, and did come to us both to greet. Too bad i was already with A that night, but im still on day 1 of my trip, plenty of time to rekindle our previous meeting lol While he stands out in screwboy as most of the other boys are twink type, he blends in better in moonlight. But both me and maleire agree that he is a terrible dancer lol. Not that he did lots of shows, just the one that all boys have to dance towards the end of the show and we cant stop laughing watching his effort to make some moves lol.

2 hours ago, Jasper said:

...... does long time as you know most boys prefer short time these days.

still, by my experience  no shortage of those who use calculator and know secret that LT tip is much more than ST tip .

And if guy rejects LT idea today never hurts to ask next time, be it tomorrow, next week  or next trip. Minds are being changed , often after ST with us.

Also never go by what reports are saying. Guy which may not be willing to go LT with me but may go with you or,  praise the Lord, other way around.

Y's case proves the point,  as reported by me I needed to do use some diplomacy to convince him I'm even ST client material with LT out of question, Spoon did not have any problems in securing LT. No prize for guessing which one of us is younger and better looking.

Boy insisting on paying  his  dinner, that's rare breed indeed. Lucky Spoon for landing guy with such ethics, not to mention looks.

7 hours ago, spoon said:

After breakfast, we head back to hotel and I gave him his well deserved LT tips, and now that we had a LT session together, i asked him again if he really wants to go to Laos with me and gets a resounding yes. My heart skipped a beat when i heard that lol, but my mind is working out the budget in my head. I then asked how much tip he expect, and he said just pay me LT tip each night which is very reasonable. I wanted to say yes then and there, but i figure i should wait a bit, and maybe asked opinion of my wingman (u know who u are) before committing. So i said to him I'll let him know via Line. 

LT trip with a boy is very risky I did it couple of times, with some boys it was great fun like 'boyfreind' experience and I enjoyed it very much but some trips were disaster the boy doesn't like to wake up early , doesn't want to make outdoor activities, doesn't like the sun and beaches and so on it really depends on the boy character and the chemistry between you too. Take into consideration that the daily costs are doubled besides the LT fee you agreed to pay.

When I would visit Thailand, many years ago. I always ask for Long Time and even took a "BF" for Trips. All were great! I very much enjoy getting to know a guy!!

Now that I usually visit Cebu City in the Philippines I plan on at least 3 days or 5 days with my Guy. And many want to spend the entire 3 weeks together. HAHAHA  There is no Tip for my Guys, but we do go Shopping...

And at my age it is a big help to have an able bodied young man along!!

20 hours ago, Jasper said:

Thanks for great report.

I am surprised to hear that Y does long time as you know most boys prefer short time these days.

I have my theory about why Y does long time with me. He really remembers that he chose someone else even though he already agree LT with me before a year ago in pattaya BBB. He just started working in bangkok for a month plus, so money might be a factor too. And given the lineup of jupiter boys, competition must be fierce. Also, seeing familar faces when he is in new club also shows he does brings customers to the club. 

Vinapu claims because im younger (well yes) and better looking (unfounded lol) might be the case but i do think my asian look makes walking with him to my hotel seems like two friends walking together, same goes when we were at the hotel buffet breakfast, as compared with him and another farang. But i do think he doesnt care much about this in bangkok compared when he is in pattaya, where he had worked for so long and have some reputation to protect. 

18 hours ago, vinapu said:

And if guy rejects LT idea today never hurts to ask next time, be it tomorrow, next week  or next trip. Minds are being changed , often after ST with us.

Also never go by what reports are saying. Guy which may not be willing to go LT with me but may go with you or,  praise the Lord, other way around.

Y's case proves the point,  as reported by me I needed to do use some diplomacy to convince him I'm even ST client material with LT out of question, Spoon did not have any problems in securing LT. No prize for guessing which one of us is younger and better looking.

Boy insisting on paying  his  dinner, that's rare breed indeed. Lucky Spoon for landing guy with such ethics, not to mention looks.

16 hours ago, ggobkk said:

“Lucky “ Spoon...I agree.  

I dont know if lucky is the word to use. Im equally surprised he insisted. But maybe it is his habit, or maybe he knows that most customer find this very attractive and manly behaviour, and he can recouped them back from the tips later anyway especially when he is eyeing for a trip to laos? Hehe whatever it is, the gesture is definitely appreciated and make him very unique indeed. 

16 hours ago, Boy69 said:

LT trip with a boy is very risky I did it couple of times, with some boys it was great fun like 'boyfreind' experience and I enjoyed it very much but some trips were disaster the boy doesn't like to wake up early , doesn't want to make outdoor activities, doesn't like the sun and beaches and so on it really depends on the boy character and the chemistry between you too. Take into consideration that the daily costs are doubled besides the LT fee you agreed to pay.

Yup, i do know there are added costs to bring a boy with me on a trip. Ive done such trip before, and considering the increased in costs, vs 24 hour a day access with the boy of my dream, its worth every cent lol. If boys needed some free time to do what they want during the day, i dont mind that at all, its better to be separated for a while than being forced to do things they dont want and result in sour mood whole day, and those can be brought forward to the night too. As long as the boy deliver the nightly activities as expected of them. 

4 hours ago, vinapu said:

but it can be very rewarding to have guy at hand at all time, not just for 1-2 hrs or only overnight. 

Agreed! Overnight is great, but whole day is different story altogether. 

1 hour ago, GWMinUS said:

When I would visit Thailand, many years ago. I always ask for Long Time and even took a "BF" for Trips. All were great! I very much enjoy getting to know a guy!!

Now that I usually visit Cebu City in the Philippines I plan on at least 3 days or 5 days with my Guy. And many want to spend the entire 3 weeks together. HAHAHA  There is no Tip for my Guys, but we do go Shopping...

And at my age it is a big help to have an able bodied young man along!!

Agreed that other than companion during day and night, Y proof to me that he is more useful as travel partner as well, will elaborate about this when the time comes