Wellhellothere

I went to dream boys last night and drinks price is horrendous

On 7/7/2023 at 2:33 PM, PeterRS said:

Soon we will know what mega-deals 20-year old tennis Grand Slam winner Carlos Alcaraz will be signing. He has fantastic skills, youth, good looks and great manners on his side. Assuming he goes on winning and attracting gazillions to his social media, I'll put money on the table that the total will be in excess of anything so far dished out!

Now we know Alcaraz won a fantastic match. Amazing for a 20 year old against arguably the greatest tennis player of all time! So now he has another £2.3 million in winnings less a large chunk in tax and in payments to his manager, coach and all others in his team. That makes his total tournament earnings as a professional up to more than US$20 million. But it is the winning clauses in his sponsorship and endorsement contracts that will bring him even more than the Wimbledon prize money. Plus the list of hopeful sponsors lining up outside his manager's door will become very long. A lucky hugely talented young man.

It takes one bar to successfully maintain an all-time high in drink prices for others to follow.  Just like when Dreamboys was the first to raise drink prices to 400B per.  It wasn't too long after that it became the common price for the area.

In 2 years the price will be 600B or 650B per beer.

2 hours ago, bucknaway said:

At these prices, they wont attract new and younger crowds.  They are milking the last of us before we meet our maker.

Thailand used to be cheap but not anymore, the young generation won't pay these prices and many of us the older generation found better options in South America where the price are third to half compared to Thailand. 

29 minutes ago, gayinpattaya said:

There is no younger crowd. The ones that do come can find their fun in normal venues. 
Without a fast revamp of the boy bar scene, it will die with the old timers. 

I’ve seen young Asian groups in Jupiter and moonlight. They can just go on in the runway and strut their stuff with the other boys. I’d take most of them too. Cute as hell 😂

I saw 2 young asian women maybe 20-30s and they were pretty, drank alot and offed 3 guys in the end!

i think as a first visit, the price of 500baht drink is nothing compared to what is being offered - we dont have such places in most asian countries. Even the 500baht off fee. So i think there is still a market for young crowds wanting to have a wild night out. 

20 minutes ago, bucknaway said:

Every year people are getting older and every day more gay men are retiring.  Where are they going? Probably not places where bar drinks run 15USD per.

Many gay retirees from the USA are financially insecure or lack travel experience in environments where a principal interest / business is Moneyboys, GP (Brazil), etc. and travel costs for visits to Asia are high. Play for pay has moved to Grindr and other online sites, wherever we live.  The lack of foreign language skills makes many insecure ... particularly retirees from / in the USA.  And incomes have risen in some countries where moneyboys, GP were previously available - thereby reducing the inventory of guys available to play with.  As I view it, the GP Sauna scene in Rio de Janeiro is the bright, shining light for play for pay ... for how long, nobody knows.

On 7/25/2023 at 6:19 AM, gayinpattaya said:

There is no younger crowd. 

There is.

The audience in the Bangkok bars back in April consisted of lots of young Asians - male and female - and very few farang.

As a stale, pale male I felt decidedly out of place.

I think it's true that the young ones don't off guys like we do -it seems to be the young women who off the guys -but they do spend up big on drinks and tips in the bar. 

If you want fun in a bar without the women, head to Soi Tawan. While there aren't many guys in Nature Boy, if you ask Jay, the mama-san, he'll call in as many guys as you want. Super A can be hit and miss, but you never know your luck. 

Does anyone know if the bar opposite Nature Boy is open yet?

15 hours ago, Boy69 said:

I saw young Asian groups at Dream Boys , they only come to see the show and leave once finished never seen any of them off a gogo boy .

We have known for years that this is the general pattern for youg gay Asians. They tend to come in groups, look for sex in saunas or massage spas and then pop into the gogo bars for the shows. A few will pay the off fees and take out a gogo boy. But given the potential size of the Asian gay market, that "few" is tiny.

In the 'old' days, many if not most of the older western guys always took off boys for a short or long time. I know I did. Now the Asian women may end up being a larger market than the guys! The sad thing is that the bar owners do virtually nothing to attract the younger Asian patrons. They are all set in their ways and as patronage falls they resort to the only way they know - raise prices!

2 hours ago, a-447 said:

There is.

The audience in the Bangkok bars back in April consisted of lots of young Asians - male and female - and very few farang.

I think it's true that the young ones don't off guys like we do -it seems to be the young women who off the guys -but they do spend up big on drinks and tips in the bar. 

If you want fun in a bar without the women, head to Soi Tawan. While there aren't many guys in Nature Boy, if you ask Jay, the mama-san, he'll call in as many guys as you want. Super A can be hit and miss, but you never know your luck. 

You’re absolutely right. That’s why in a previous post I claimed Super A as my favorite bar. The mamasan had a nice list of guys on call with her phone. Had a great time,

I should have met Jay at nature boys to see what was on offer. Can he call and have fun in the bar, similar to Good boys, or do you need to use a room? There was never more than one guy there back in October.

6 hours ago, a-447 said:

There is.

I was talking about "boy bars", as you can see in my post. I was also, although didn't mention, talking about Pattaya. I also didn't mention gogo bars, because they are a different beast. "male" gogo bars are often full of screeching females. I'd rather stay home than go near that shit. 

As for soi 4, gay bars and Silom, yes it's full of younger Asian tourists. Most of them wouldn't step foot in a boy bar. They frequent Silom's gay bars and clubs. When you see an old white guy in DJ Station these days, he stands out like a sour thumb. How times have changed! 

5 hours ago, gayinpattaya said:

I was talking about "boy bars", as you can see in my post. I was also, although didn't mention, talking about Pattaya. I also didn't mention gogo bars, because they are a different beast. "male" gogo bars are often full of screeching females. I'd rather stay home than go near that shit. 

As for soi 4, gay bars and Silom, yes it's full of younger Asian tourists. Most of them wouldn't step foot in a boy bar. They frequent Silom's gay bars and clubs. When you see an old white guy in DJ Station these days, he stands out like a sour thumb. How times have changed! 

I haven't been to DJ Station since early 2020, but this was evident even then.

13 hours ago, Shonen said:

Gay men are supposed to have higher discretionary spending. Plus ,if from the USA, enormous returns from the stock market, housing, and almost any country can buy bitcoin.

Sounds like excuses to me.

" ... supposed to ... " doesn't necessarily track reality.

" ... enormous returns from the stock market ... "  My retirement account has not seen any such returns.  In fact, though the US stock market is improving ... my current balance ... without any withdrawals ... is almost exactly the same as it was 2 years ago.  

" ... housing ... "  If someone rents it's more likely than not that they're paying higher monthly charges.  In some instances substantially higher.  If someone owns property, values have risen substantially in some areas of the country ... not all; paper gains until a property is sold ... not spendable now.

" ... bitcoin ..."  in the past 2 years the value of bitcoin has dropped by more than 100%.  From $64,000 to today's price of +/- $30,000. I don't know anyone who buys it.

=====

For me, originating travel fron Tampa, Florida USA:

> A flight to BKK has a duration of 36 hours (including layover/connection) with a lowest fare cost of US$1,500.

> A flight to GIG (Rio) has a duration of 10 hours with a lowest fare cost of US$665 (for the same travel days for a stay of 2 weeks).

So, trip travel costs and travel times and logistics, coupled with sexual experience expectations at a particular  destination are factors influencing the decision maker.  

Unless a gay retiree from the US has a strong interest in Thai culture and/or a strong preference for sex with Thai's or SE Asians and considers offing moneyboys or casual sexual relations with other guys in Thailand the optimum return on investment ... there are other travel / enjoyment opportunities.