Olddaddy

Gay forums are slow

Hadn't bothered to look at gay forums for a few months except this one 

I'm surprised hardly any posts ,what's happened to them

I remember 20 years ago they were buzzin with posts ,not nowadays

This one seems the busiest of the two

The sawatdee network was once number one , doesn't seem to be the case now.

I guess older members are dying off and newer gay people to Thailand are not interested in forum writing?

I used to like Baht stop forum now vanishing I guess 15 years ,

All these gay Thailand forums were once busy , this next  generation don't seem as interested 

Old Daddy is right. And it's a shame. I also liked Baht-Stop;  it was very different to other forums, more political, and that interested me. I learnt a lot about Thai politics from a few posters and was able- I can claim- to offer an unusual perspective on Palestine since I was spending a lot of time there in the early 2000s. 

The only explanation I can offer for the decline is that there are  fewer gay visitors to Thailand than twenty years ago. Furthermore, there may be  less interest, perhaps, in "literary" communication and (here's  shot in the dark!) the gradual replacement of lap-tops by phones and the consequent increased difficulty of posting more than slogans -at least for me- has contributed.

You'd think with the  now modern use of phones instead of having to wait to use a  desktop and laptop,people would be actually posting more 

Baht stop was great ,I used to love that Hominterm guy 

I recall a rumour there was a fatal car accident with the owners of that forum 

10 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

The sawatdee network was once number one , doesn't seem to be the case now.

I guess older members are dying off and newer gay people to Thailand are not interested in forum writing?

According to my statistics, traffic on SGT has increased almost 1.5 times compared to pre-Covid times. But the behavior of visitors has changed: they come, read, follow links, but are not involved in discussions. Perhaps because they have nothing else to say - they are going for the first time.

SGT has a mobile version, although not the most modern.

Well, a significant fact is that meat hunters have modern tools - mobile dating applications. They come, read about hotels, where to go, what to see, but they call guys from apps, so they have nothing to say about bars and go-go.

2 hours ago, Moses said:

Well, a significant fact is that meat hunters have modern tools - mobile dating applications. They come, read about hotels, where to go, what to see, but they call guys from apps, so they have nothing to say about bars and go-go.

and some posters like to boost about how long ago they were last time in the bar or got massage

12 hours ago, Londoner said:

The only explanation I can offer for the decline is that there are  fewer gay visitors to Thailand than twenty years ago

I don't think that there are fewer gay visitors to Thailand , I assume the younger gay generation behave different, they don't like to visit gay areas and venues and act like

regular tourists and if they want sex they look at gay apps . Their main purpose on visiting Thailand is touristic and less for sex adventures .  

13 hours ago, vinapu said:

some posters like to boost about how long ago they were last time in the bar or got massage

To be fair to such as I, it's not a boast; it merely reflects the fact that those of us who are now in LTRs prefer  activities that both parties can share and enjoy.  It recognises one of the positives of Pattaya and Bangkok, that  even when those activities which gave such immense pleasure over the first ten years of my visits are no longer part of my experience, there is still much on offer that  can  enjoy together.

7 hours ago, Londoner said:

To be fair to such as I, it's not a boast; it merely reflects the fact that those of us who are now in LTRs ....

I did not have you in mind. Was thinking more about those who at the same breath say they did not visit bar in so many years AND still comment on bars offerings and goings.

Which is fair but bit illogical.

5 hours ago, vinapu said:

# me too, only animals are drinking water

Another W C Fields quote, ' I cook with wine, sometimes I even add it to the food!'

I have that quote on one of my aprons in the kitchen!