Olddaddy

Gay forums are slow

On 12/29/2023 at 12:07 PM, vinapu said:

that impression may come from fact that people are reporting what they think may interest readers here

Yes, you're absolutely correct! The dirty old men on these forums have only one interest.

And they need even more help and tips on how to indulge those interests as the years go by. It's one of Newton's laws! 🍎 🌳

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

Trip reports are very time and effort consuming and even if we don't read them we should be happy somebody is kind enough to share his vacation adventures , whatever their nature are. Even if sexscapades are not interesting it's always good to treat report as receipt for fun filled vacation.

I am always happy to read your trip reports! @vinapu

Funny how those who never write trip reports are complaining and dictating what should be written, while those who contributed their time and effort getting critised by these few holy spirits who thinks they are better than everyone else. 

There is a saying in my language that loosely translated to "whoever eat the chilli, feels the heat" but i am not aiming this to anyone. 

And back to the topic, is it a surprised that gay forum are slow now? If effort to write reports are not appreciated, instead becomes a source of trolls feeding, ill take my effort to where itll be appreciated. 

5 hours ago, Londoner said:

Regarding that final one, this is the only forum on which I can discuss my own relationship openly and without provoking rancour. And that's precious to me.

I agree! I am not in a LTR but am friends with several guys in Bangkok. I find myself going gaga over a new guy every year.

11 hours ago, Moses said:

Your posts are perfectly balanced, so it wasn't about you, I'm sure

Thank you , I guess so and did not take any personal offence. I don't mind being criticized for my reports  though , if only  because when re-reading them  and I do that at least once a year,  I see they could use a lot of fine tuning.

But where I  found offending logic  is fact that   travel, posts are criticized my posters who don't bother with theirs. I'd say write something first and than have a go at others for the same. Whenever somebody writes about their adventures I'm grateful because I know first hand how much time it takes.

Like with every other posts , if readers found it not interesting it's easy procedure to skip and go to the next thread or even have a walk with the dog instead.

Sometimes posts are repetitive and it's for a reason - new readers , who can't be expected to comb through whole forum in order to learn how to get to Arena or if they have twinks at Tawan (yes, now they do and some very attractive at taht) . 

10 hours ago, scott456 said:

Long trip reports are very time and effort consuming to read too, so please just make them brief and get to the points.

make your life easy and read every second sentence or even if you feel like speedy Gonzales , every second paragraph.

Point  to make long report is so those who like them long can enjoy more of what they like and those who like them short can use advice just above.

Still thank you for making effort , if not reading , at least noticing they are here