zoomomancs

Freshboys, Dreamboys Hot Male- Not many customers?

The boy i offed from dreamboys ytd, i asked him if anymore fk show (cuz i tot there was, but i stayed till nearly midnight alr), and he said no more as not allowed, so we left lol.. initially i was just waiting for it.. but fret not, lots of big cock shows and some sucking action >.<

On 12/18/2022 at 11:29 AM, jason1975 said:

The customers are slowly but surely coming back to the bars. Just in time for Christmas and New Year. Quite a diverse range of age, gender and nationalities. I actually like the post-Covid vibe without the loud customers from China.

fully agree, not having the mainland Chinese customers is a blessing....

Can the Thai tourist industry survive long-term without Chinese visitors? and how can the gay scene  return to former glories if the tourist industry as a whole doesn't flourish? chiang Mai was certainly suffering badly in November. And  parts of Pattaya are pretty depressing too.

As far as Bangkok is concerned, I was interested to discover that money exchanges in the Silom and Surawong areas are almost non-existent. I had to queue up at a bank.

3 hours ago, Londoner said:

Can the Thai tourist industry survive long-term without Chinese visitors? and how can the gay scene  return to former glories if the tourist industry as a whole doesn't flourish? chiang Mai was certainly suffering badly in November. And  parts of Pattaya are pretty depressing too.

As far as Bangkok is concerned, I was interested to discover that money exchanges in the Silom and Surawong areas are almost non-existent. I had to queue up at a bank.

Humm I always go to SuperRich money exchange in silom. Incredible good rates. It is in south silom, close to Pullman G hotel.

6 hours ago, Londoner said:

according to this somewhat dated info on Wikipedia, PRC tourists accounted for around a quarter of all tourist arrivals. So without some serious work diversifying their incoming tourist market the industry will really struggle. Of course in addition to Covid the Chinese economy faces lots of issues that might well put a dent in their citizens' ability to travel

"

In 2014, 4.6 million Chinese visitors travelled to Thailand. In 2015, Chinese tourists numbered 7.9 million or 27% of all international tourist arrivals, 29.8 million; 8.75 million Chinese tourists visited Thailand in 2016. In 2017, 27% of the tourists that came to Thailand came from China. Thailand relies heavily on Chinese tourists to meet its tourism revenue target of 2.2 trillion baht in 2015 and 2.3 trillion in 2016. However, in 2020, it was reported that Chinese tourists now ranked Thailand as third most popular foreign tourist destination, having been the top previously.

It is estimated that the average Chinese tourist remains in the country for one week and spends 30,000–40,000 baht (US$1,000–1,300) per person, per trip. The average Chinese tourist spends 6,400 baht (US$180) per day—more than the average visitor's 5,690 baht (US$160). According to Thailand's Tourism Authority, the number of Chinese tourists rose by 93% in the first quarter of 2013, an increase that was attributed to the popularity of the Chinese film Lost in Thailand that was filmed in the northern province of Chiang Mai. Chinese media outlets have claimed that Thailand superseded Hong Kong as the top destination for Chinese travellers during the 2013 May Day holiday. In 2013, the Chinese National Tourism Administration published A Guide to Civilized Tourism which has specific statements regarding how to act as a tourist in Thailand."

54 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

according to this somewhat dated info on Wikipedia, PRC tourists accounted for around a quarter of all tourist arrivals. So without some serious work diversifying their incoming tourist market the industry will really struggle. Of course in addition to Covid the Chinese economy faces lots of issues that might well put a dent in their citizens' ability to travel

From Channel News Asia

Adapting Asia Pacific tourism to a post-pandemic future

JOONDALUP, Australia: The Asia Pacific tourism industry was thriving before the COVID-19 pandemic, driven by strong demand from Chinese tourists with increasing disposable incomes.

Pre-pandemic, Chinese tourists’ arrival to the Asia Pacific region was forecast to increase to 150 million by 2020, with an aggregate expenditure of US$230 billion. But this did not materialise due to pandemic-related travel restrictions that still affect Chinese tourists today.

Historically, Chinese tourists tended to travel as part of package trips involving group tours with multiple destination stops. This trend is changing as younger Chinese tourists favour more independent forms of travel that allow greater flexibility.

But the thriving tourism industry was completely disrupted by the pandemic. The Asia Pacific suffered an 84 per cent plunge in overseas visitors and recorded a 300 million decrease in tourist arrivals. This led to a massive slowdown in the aviation, hotel, restaurant and tourism industries that still lingers today.

Continues at

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/commentary/china-hong-kong-travel-visitor-asia-tourism-covid-19-outbreak-3159991

On 12/16/2022 at 7:02 PM, macaroni21 said:

Here's a question for those who were recently in Dream Boy Bangkok. Outside of showtime, when the boys were on stage with their numbers pinned to their waists, were they in jeans, shorts or briefs? 

I was there 14th I think... Mostly white shorts.  Mostly topless. 5 or 6 twinks out of 20+ I saw.  Bought 2 boys drinks, off'd one, what's app the other the next day and what's app the first one by again the next. 

Interesting calculations!

I have 2 points where i struggle a bit.

From

"this means that on any given day there are 9 x 740 = 6,660 gay male tourists in Thailand"

to

"They are not all in Bangkok. Let’s say half of them are outside Bangkok, and half in the capital city. That means 3,330 gay male tourists in Bangkok on a typical day."

Do people really spend 50% of their Th. holiday in BKK? Hard to believe for me, but maybe there is some data?

The other point is

"I shall be conservative and assume only 20% of gay male tourists are interested in buying sex. That still means there are about 660 gay male tourists in Bangkok on a typical day who are open to the possibility of buying sex."

20% really? Interested maybe, but doing it? Many too proud or too sticky to do it. And if they do, maybe they are not interested every day they are in Bkk but only once?

What do others think?

Another question:

From a business standpoint, isnt it better for the bar that guys are not being offed? If a guy sits with 2 customers in one evening, thats 2 drinks thats 1000 Baht, that is probably more earning for the bar than 1 off fee ...And if the guys are not keen on having sex with us, it isnt bad for the guys either ...

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

Our poster macaroni21 recently published 2 excellent reports / analysis of bars in question plus Jupiter in his blog.

Take my advice and rush to read it

Three gogo bars in December 2022: their shows – ShamelessMack2 (travel.blog)

Excellent analysis! Thanks for sharing!

2 hours ago, 10tazione said:

Another question:

From a business standpoint, isnt it better for the bar that guys are not being offed? If a guy sits with 2 customers in one evening, thats 2 drinks thats 1000 Baht, that is probably more earning for the bar than 1 off fee ...And if the guys are not keen on having sex with us, it isnt bad for the guys either ...

it may be something in what you say, it's why I always say let the owners run the business and let the boys to decide what is economically beneficial to them.

I'm personally not worried about those calculations as I have mine - all I need is one bar open and one boy I like inside of that bar.

1 hour ago, macaroni21 said:

2. I believe you're saying that the rough figure of 20% of gay male tourists in Bangkok who are open to buying sex is too high an estimate. What do you think the percentage is likely to be

Thanks for the extensive answer and in general for your interesting blog!

I have no idea but my feeling would be towards 5%. But then we all live in a social bubble that makes estimating the general population so difficult...

Some more points:

- Businessman: do they even have time to off guys?

- Even if someone likes Pizza, can you lure him to eat Pizza every day? Some want more variety to their diet and eat a Schnitzel from time to time and some even go to a lady bar :) I want to say the maximum potential is not 100%.