Tartegogo

First day in Bangkok

• Members
1 hour ago, floridarob said:

Feel free to do a poll in the  Brasil forum to how many have actually had a problem....Houston and Chicago aren't safe for that matter.

I've had problems in Brasil, but they were because I went looking for it.....😉

Since I've learned to follow the advice of Gremlins, nothing good happens after midnight, I've been fine, lol

As I have reported here previously I was mugged once in Rio. I won’t rehash my story except to say once it has happened you look at things from a different perspective. Brazil has a serious crime problem.

• Members
2 hours ago, floridarob said:

Feel free to do a poll in the  Brasil forum to how many have actually had a problem....Houston and Chicago aren't safe for that matter.

Since I've learned to follow the advice of Gremlins, nothing good happens after midnight, I've been fine, lol

I don't know about you, but I feel ok holding/using my phone on the street in Chicago.  For the poll, I was mugged in Brazil too.  Now I will not walk on the street in Brazil for more than 2 block distance just to minimize the possibility of getting mugged.  In fact, I deliberately choose hotels with some distance to places I may visit so I can use Uber. I have cell phone bag with string tied to my inner pocket.  I don't carry a wallet. I put my cash in my shoes in Brazil.  I don't do any of these in Chicago or anywhere in the U.S. and never have problems.

18 hours ago, sydneyboy1 said:

As I have reported here previously I was mugged once in Rio.

I was there only once and was mugged in the middle of a sunny day. It was a Sunday and took place very close to a Church that was so packed there were people standing outside at the back. Thankfully three heard my cry for help and raced to do so. I was very impressed that a pollce car was on the scene in little more than a minute.

• Members
8 minutes ago, PeterRS said:

I was there only once and was mugged in the middle of a sunny day. It was a Sunday and took place very close to a Church that was so packed there were people standing outside at the back. Thankfully three heard my cry for help and raced to do so. I was very impressed that a pollce car was on the scene in little more than a minute.

You were luckier than me. During my mugging a group of about 10 people only metres away were just standing and staring. After my attackers fled they continued to stand and stare and offered no assistance.

• Members

I was mugged on avenida Paulista, there were plenty of pedestrians around.  I screamed on top of my lung, nobody came to help, the bad guy did a "grab-and-run" and was already out of sight in one split second. I was traumatized and shaken.  Two guys came asked me what happened, I told them.  They then said, well this is Brazil, we have to go now, take care. (I think when they realized I was a foreign visitor, they thought I could certainly afford to replace what I have lost, so it was no big deal)

On 2/2/2023 at 12:58 PM, floridarob said:

Well, I have been robbed at gunpoint in Brazil 3 times during the day and 1 time at night. I didn't go looking for trouble, but it found me.

6 hours ago, TotallyOz said:

Well, I have been robbed at gunpoint in Brazil 3 times during the day and 1 time at night. I didn't go looking for trouble, but it found me.

I never knew about this....too bad so many have had problems, seems like the daytime is more dangerous than night, good thing I don't go out before 5pm.

I'm going to Rio Tuesday and in over 20 yrs, the only times I've had problems, it was in SP in areas that I should not have gone especially while drinking. 

The sex in Brasil definitely makes it worth the risk, to me, given the odds of how many people go without issue 🤨 

18 hours ago, Tartegogo said:

Guys, getting robbed in Brazil is part of the adventure. It wouldn’t be a full experience without it. 
Don’t see what everyone is complaining about. 

I wonder what did you smoke before that post, lol

One of my friends was robbed at knife point in Montego Bay, Jamaica back in Oct 2000. Is traumatized by experience to this day. Certainly no fun for him. 

5 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

Given that it was 10:30 pm when we left dreamboys (a time at which we should expect it to start getting be busy, no?) and that there only one other customer left in the bar, I really struggle to understand how the whole bar survives on ~15 drinks and 2 or 3 bar fines per night. I mean they have to feed 8 or 9 boys + 3 mamasans, pay rent etc. 

and for us that live here - this is the dilemma that I cannot understand - how do they survive and break out of the constant poverty due to the variability of their income.

Dreamboys had more customers when I was there a few nights ago. I give plenty of lads 100 bt when it's quiet and the occasional wealthy customer gives out loads of money. The higher prices for drinks, the drink tips and extra tips for the lads, some offs; it clearly must work as a business as most go go's have reopened. I do not claim that most lads will break out of the poverty but the dream is the rich farang bf.

• Members
10 minutes ago, Tartegogo said:

I checked out Toy Boys and Boys, Boys, Boys last night.

Toy boys had an impressive 16 boys, all absolutely gorgeous and off-able except maybe 3.

There were 5 other customers at 9:30.

if I didn’t have already a date that night I would have had a hard time to stop myself from hiring 3 in one single night. 

Boys boys boys is right in boys town, it doesn’t show on google maps but it is the biggest attraction on that street, hard to miss. 
Last night it was full. Many customers came for the 10:30 show and we only got a seat because we were a bit early. 
20 minutes before the show they had about 35 boys on stage. Not dancing or naked, just standing there in street clothes, a few topless, trying to be off-ed. 

There were even a couple of very western-looking guys.

Only half of the boys were cute to me, but that is still an impressive number to chose from.
The 10:30 show actually started at 10:40 and was decent.  Certainly a bargain for just a drink at 350. 

Toy boys was my favourite of the whole of Pattaya/Jomtien, I could literally have spent 2 weeks in that club and get very happy everyday.

What were the boys at Toy Boys wearing?