vinapu

Summer in Bangkok, another trip report this year

7 hours ago, vinapu said:

just go, website or not they are very much in operation. Arena rarely , if ever disappoints.

i completely agree.  I have been to other more costly places such as Jey spa and VCK.  they are way more cleaner, tidier and well maintained than Arena. it is very likely that you are gonna see their boys more trendier too. but i never skipped visiting arena at least once on my trips so far.

this place is very unique. i am not sure what it is. my heart would be already pounding going up the escalator in that abandoned building. then once you open the door, all the guys would suddenly get up to form a line in front of you while you are welcome to sit down on their old and broken couch. most of the time, almost all of them would be half naked. their rough facial features, coupled with muscular bodies could be intimidating for first timers.  but now i really enjoy that moment. i felt like the moment you enter that place, you could feel and smell a wave of testosterone. is it because of their dark and old interior decorations or is it because of those low maintenance guys? i am not sure. 

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

It was opened but I did not venture in  , retuned to station to continue my journey.

Your journey should've included going inside....

8 hours ago, vinapu said:

But it wasn’t meant to be as soon after he looked at his phone and said his roommate lost a key so must go to open door for him

Don't you get tired of this?

Or at least ask next time, how's mom, your roommate have his key for room and motorcycle, is it parked in a safe place....we should make a checklist to cover everything, lol

5 hours ago, floridarob said:

Don't you get tired of this?

Or at least ask next time, how's mom, your roommate have his key for room and motorcycle, is it parked in a safe place....we should make a checklist to cover everything, lol

I don't like it  but getting tired , no , once a trip is almost rite of passage to go through lost key stories. It's almost included in price

5 hours ago, 18past19 said:

i completely agree.  I have been to other more costly places such as Jey spa and VCK.  they are way more cleaner, tidier and well maintained than Arena. it is very likely that you are gonna see their boys more trendier too. but i never skipped visiting arena at least once on my trips so far.

this place is very unique. i am not sure what it is. my heart would be already pounding going up the escalator in that abandoned building. then once you open the door, all the guys would suddenly get up to form a line in front of you while you are welcome to sit down on their old and broken couch. most of the time, almost all of them would be half naked. their rough facial features, coupled with muscular bodies could be intimidating for first timers.  but now i really enjoy that moment. i felt like the moment you enter that place, you could feel and smell a wave of testosterone. is it because of their dark and old interior decorations or is it because of those low maintenance guys? i am not sure. 

That's beautiful and very accurate Ode To Arena 

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

To summarize I must say it was one of the best trips. Social component was certainly best of them all with three members there most of my time so almost no day went without common meals, coffees and gossips. We encouraged each other and gave some leads and I’m sure all had good time.

As for boys  this trip strategy was not to be too adventurous and settle for tried and tested .It worked amazingly. None of those tried companions disappointed and they all did their best. Wing nights (first and last ) were   bit different and boys while performing very well still managed to piss me off a bit by rushing up. Don’t blame them , business is business , they did not read me as good as veterans and still earned their keep but I’d be happier if first one wouldn’t be so greedy and last so speedy.

Kao adventure proved that fun can be had outside of scene is we have open eyes and thread carefully but with goal firmly in sight.

Him and Y were certainly stars of that trip  but S, SK , A , Nuk from Arena , Maii from Jey and MJ’s friend who visited me in the room were equally great

Novelty for me was settling down when come to accommodation. I like to change hotels every 2-4 nights but this time I was domesticated in just two.   It is more homey feeling when one unpacks for 9 days as opposite to just two. Disadvantage  is that if something doesn’t work  ( 2 noisy nights at Quarter) we are stuck and need to mitigate things using other means than just moving out.

I underutilized Foodland this time since for first 9 days I had excellent  breakfast included in the rate and somehow for dinners we steered more toward G’Bangkok but still managed to dine there few times.

With new Foodland in the basement of Silom park we will see if those two supplement or will compete with each other . I like new store better but prefer old store’s restaurant  not only for memories but also ability to see who is inside while passing by.

Exchange rate was better than expected and hold up throughout with XOne still my favorite place to get the baht.

I regret only one thing, that I missed that new #4 from Tawan I was sitting with one night and hoped to off the next one. I should handle it differently by booking him in advance for next day  but this trip on principle I decided not to do any advance bookings so I fell victim of my own orthodoxy.

With at least 5 twinks those days Tawan certainly is no longer just a muscle kingdom.

I hope for another trip this year although my hope is dimmed by fact that acting on airfares substantially increased I set internal limit of how much I’m willing to pay. I monitor fees almost daily for various time frames but so far nothing  even close to my number. But I play 6-49 regularly , it may help I hope.

Another trip this year? I shall be there in late Nov / early Dec. Hope to be able to meet you again!

2 hours ago, vinapu said:

Mindful that Kao will show up at 3 pm I made sure I was in the room. Unfortunately fortunately right after he arrived it started to rain , at times heavily. So instead of taking meal brake from our activities he brightly suggested we order a meal from KCF of all places. He professed to liking their food beyond measure and yes , commented that I look like KFC.

Not my kind of food but it was actually quite very good. I felt sorry for soaked delivery guy but made sure he received proper tip to dry out.

Our time was mixture of activities  and quiet moments and mindful I need to pack  at one moment I actually put him to sleep, he was looking so sweetly, LOL. I utilized that time to tidy of and pack and at 8.30 pm we executed proper good bye rites.

Kao sounds like a keeper! I think I have fallen in love with him!

8 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Another trip this year? I shall be there in late Nov / early Dec. Hope to be able to meet you again!

I will try although I set myself strict limit on airfare about 1200 USD which at the moment looks almost impossible to achieve but who knows ? 

Nov/Dec not this year as I have another,  quite firm,  plans for that period 

8 hours ago, jason1975 said:

Kao sounds like a keeper! I think I have fallen in love with him!

I was first

57 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

. I guess high season might be quite busy - or there aren't enough flights.

I think that the reason, not enough flights, it won't change until big Chinese airlines return to the  skies en masse, at least for Asian direction

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

think that the reason, not enough flights, it won't change until big Chinese airlines return to the  skies en masse, at least for Asian direction

With tumble of the Chinese economy it's not going to happen soon.

On 8/29/2023 at 9:45 AM, vinapu said:

I don't like it  but getting tired , no , once a trip is almost rite of passage to go through lost key stories. It's almost included in price

During my last trip, one of the guy i took told me upfront that he will not be able to eat breakfast with me but will stay me until breakfast time. He told me he owns a gym and need to unlock the gym early in the morning. I was ok with it but in the morning he suddenly says he is ok to eat breakfast with me. During breakfast, i asked about the gym, and he said he asked a friend to open it for him. 

So boys can also surprised us sometime by staying longer. Rare but very appreciated for sure.

• Members
1 hour ago, spoon said:

During my last trip, one of the guy i took told me upfront that he will not be able to eat breakfast with me but will stay me until breakfast time. He told me he owns a gym and need to unlock the gym early in the morning. I was ok with it but in the morning he suddenly says he is ok to eat breakfast with me. During breakfast, i asked about the gym, and he said he asked a friend to open it for him. 

So boys can also surprised us sometime by staying longer. Rare but very appreciated for sure.

He was hungry.

9 hours ago, spoon said:

His story was very probable. As long as they tell up from I don't have any problems , no need even for explanations. Sometimes I do the same " we need to wake up at 6 because I have flight to catch.

One of my boys couldn't come before 1 am for his LT assignments. In exchange for living on premises he is required to clean the place 3 nights a week.  So they may have valid reasons. Problem is when they all of the sudden come with excuses at 3 am. or as soon as they cum. 

in story above certainly he liked you or as scott says above (and below )

7 hours ago, scott456 said:

He was hungry.

I have another breakfast story, one of boys soldiered out as agreed  till breakfast time but actually  skipped it. After I asked he turned to be pervert - he said he doesn't like food at Foodland Patpong. So could save me money that way but I decided to be fair and next time just gave him 100 baht to buy himself something.

I find it curiously reassuring to hear of instances where one of "our" guys shows discernment in matters of cuisine, even if we don't necessarily share his opinion. Vinapu should be gratified.

Just  as I was when P sent back a dish to the kitchen in a relatively pricey restaurant and had it replaced because it hadn't been cooked to his taste. How things have changed over the decades! A progression from street food in Pattaya Tai to haute cuisine. 

Well, more or less.

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

I find it curiously reassuring to hear of instances where one of "our" guys shows discernment in matters of cuisine, even if we don't necessarily share his opinion. Vinapu should be gratified.

Just  as I was when P sent back a dish to the kitchen in a relatively pricey restaurant and had it replaced because it hadn't been cooked to his taste. How things have changed over the decades! A progression from street food in Pattaya Tai to haute cuisine. 

Well, more or less.

When I first went to Bangkok, over 40 years ago, the food was quite basic. Now they have 30 Michelin starred restaurants! Things change.

5 hours ago, Londoner said:

While I like Foodland I did not take any offence treating it matter-of-factly.  There's no such thing like good or bad food, all comes down to simple fact whether we like it or not.

I'm by no means fancy diner, few times in Bangkok acted on recommendations from this forum or member met personally and sometimes I confirmed their findings and sometimes I wondered what the hoopla is all about.

It goes other way around too. I once sent our member to no longer existing Oasis restaurant on Suriwong to taste their version of chicken with cashew nuts which to this day I consider the best and his feedback was telling while polite "I must have a bad day".

When comes to boys and food my advice is only to watch what they order and make sure they finish it off. It happens often that out of 1000 bill 200 is for mine and rest for theirs and still they  are leaving a lot unfinished.  That is what I don't like and make sure they get " a look" from me.