vinapu

Third time lucky - December 2021 trip to Thailand in covid time

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

No doubt crowd checked us too but even if it was obvious what kind of couple  we are, nobody blinked an eye , neither gusts not staff , waitress actually addressed him first which I found very nice. Two westerners , executive looking gentlemen who arrived to a table near us actually greeted us with ‘good morning‘.

This what I love about Thailand nobody stick their nose at other business and the open minded attitude in life , In my more than twenty years traveling never faced any blinked eye or bad attitude towards me and my local companion ( much younger and attractive than me).

1 hour ago, vinapu said:

Nice reunion after  few days of absence , mamasan even went as far as ask when I will marry T to which I responded defensively that he has girlfriend already

It's a shame you missed your golden opportunity to finally get married and settled down.Lol.

3 hours ago, 18past19 said:

It was not that very down to earth V or meaty hunky T from sabaidee massage or that famous moonlight model who made my BKK trip enjoyable.

it was no one else but vinapu who made this trip more fun. without him, my trip wouldnt have been this much fun. hoping to do it again soon in a near future Shifu!!

you are making it up but still very nice of you, it was fun trip for me too. I'm glad we managed to use that short gap between border restrictions to have fun and help the boys with tip or two.

Just finished typing about my encounter with X , the model, will publish it in day or two . I'm grateful you recommended him to me as I was  bit apprehensive about him in the past. V , great find of yours was another memorable companion as well. I'm glad I could steer you toward T  but still I feel indebted 1:2 . I still smile thinking about all 4 of you.

will make up for that next time ,

hope soon we will be in BKK at the same time. Waiting for normalcy and this shockingly includes   'Test and Go" 

6 hours ago, Boy69 said:

....you don't need to use the songtaew  , and back by train or bus to BKK.

Ayutthaya is very interesting small city with nice locals , plenty of charming accommodation options and only one hour drive from BKK. I will definitely visit again once the Covid 19 madness is over.

is small city but not that small that you can walk  everywhere so some local transport if a must. Of course if one is based there for few days  in can be arranged much cheaper locally.

But over all station based songtaew was a good option as transport was available right away and he had good plan where to go, 5 minutes after leaving a train we were on our way to the first set of ruins

3 hours ago, macaroni21 said:

Day after day, you do your utmost to contribute to Thailand's economy via what looks like an average of two or three boys a day.

With  two to three boys a day and very generous tips Vinapu certenly made major contribution to the struggling Thai economy .Lol.

6 hours ago, vinapu said:

Day 23 continued

Newscene and I had interesting discussion about technology and smart phones usage, I confessed to skipping whole cell phone revolution and jumping straight from handset to smartphone attracting big question mark look from my friend but when I said that upon return home probability I will carry smartphone with me when   going about the city is very low I noticed face expression “ is he freak or liar “ , sorry my friend but it’s how I saw it , LOL.

Lol, I was only surprised to hear that you won't be using your new tool at home rather will go back to telephone world, No judging on my part though I can promise that :)

3 hours ago, newscene said:

Lol, I was only surprised to hear that you won't be using your new tool at home rather will go back to telephone world, No judging on my part though I can promise that :)

it's Ok, I had the same yesterday when I went for my booster shot, After the jab we were supposed to sit for 10 minutes , in meantime lady came and asked me to check if e-mail with jab certificate arrived . When I told her I left my phone at home , way she looked at me made me checking if all of the sudden I did not grew up third eye on my forehead.

1 hour ago, Londoner said:

I bought my first smart phone a year back, principally for use in Thailand and to navigate LINE at home. A huge step forward was made  a few days ago when i  finally discovered , or rather was told, how to access in-coming mobile phone-calls. It took me twelve months to make that discovery.

Just about sums- up my relationship with mobile technology. On the other hand, I've bought a few for someone as presents, each one more advanced (and expensive) than the previous one! In that respect I'm an expert.

in travel I found smartphone very handy, even now,  more than month later I recall with smile that sound in quarantine hotel  announcing new message and it was e-mail with my negative test result making me free.

I could be coincidence but I found boys I was communicating with  on LINE to be very punctual. On another hand yesterday I received there my first money request after trip, good luck with that boys.

Nothing wrong with mobile technology and with technology at all if it helps.

Those old enough may recall days when TV came to our homes, it was one even if  nobody was watching and certainly when guests came. then after few years we  learned ho to use it with moderation.

I must credit all guy I met this trip with moderation in use. In my presence they did not turn TV without asking and left their phones aside, on two or three occasions I actually told them to answer that incoming call or whatever was making sound.