Olddaddy

Should we be ashamed to meeting younger men ?

Im just going to get to the point here with this post

So many comments on tiktok older men meeting young guys for friends or casual hookups are classified as P 

In your moral opinion is it ok for a 60yo to meet a 20yo for coffee or friends 

I know in Thailand it's ok but in the West 

• Members

It is your personal issue wether you feel ashamed or not.  But you know how people think of you screwing asians that are your grandsons age.

Many people do controversial things in their lives, some of them feel ashamed, some don't.   However, the society as a whole do have negative views on these controversial people though. 

• Members
10 hours ago, Olddaddy said:

Im just going to get to the point here with this post

So many comments on tiktok older men meeting young guys for friends or casual hookups are classified as P 

In your moral opinion is it ok for a 60yo to meet a 20yo for coffee or friends 

I know in Thailand it's ok but in the West 

Do you have so much time on your hands that you indulge posts like this? If you find it objectionable, perhaps this isn't the site for you.

Absolutely not. It's not as though my much younger partner and I hold hands while walking down the street (although I have no problem with those who do that) or French kiss while waiting at a Skytrain station (which I have seen gay farang tourists do!) In Thailand I have never once had any problems. When an earlier Thai partner and I visited Venice 20 years ago, he was a little surprised that some others in the breakfast lounge tended to look at us. I asked him at which tables, whereafter I started to spend time staring at the people sitting at those particular tables. They soon stopped!

I am not on any social media platforms other than the gay apps. What people who read them think is their business. I could not be bothered in the slightest.

I stopped caring what busybodies I don't know think a long time ago. 

I am happy to spend time with my much younger friends/sugar babies in pretty much any venue. It's been my experience that most other people are too caught up in their own issues to care about how much younger my companion happens to be than I am. It's not like we're fucking in public so our relationship could be all sorts of different things.

That is indeed true. And thank God for it.

P. was, in those days  a regular at the  Dammakaya Temple (DMK) in Bangkok- like many of the Pattaya guys- and had told me that there was degree of ambivalence on the issue in its teachings.    

P's family know that he is gay (not to mention me!) but in rural communities, what is known is not always mentioned and certainly not displayed. I still think P. was making a statement that evening.

• Members

I think if (that's if) there is any shame, it would be on the younger person, certainly not the older person.  In heterosexual world, you see plenty of older men(rich celebrities and politicians too) who proudly present their much younger wives to the public.  I once knew an Asian guy who was 25 years old at the time and was in a relationship with a white man 35 years older than him. This younger Asian was in closet and certainly didn't tell his family and friends about the older white man.  But later on, the Asian guy met another white man who was just 1 year older, he immediately dumped the grandpa white man, came out of closet and proudly show off his new white boyfriend/husband to his family and coworkers.  In his case, did he feel shamed when he was with the grandpa white man? Yes.

2 hours ago, scott456 said:

I think if (that's if) there is any shame, it would be on the younger person, certainly not the older person.  In heterosexual world, you see plenty of older men(rich celebrities and politicians too) who proudly present their much younger wives to the public.  I once knew an Asian guy who was 25 years old at the time and was in a relationship with a white man 35 years older than him. This younger Asian was in closet and certainly didn't tell his family and friends about the older white man.  But later on, the Asian guy met another white man who was just 1 year older, he immediately dumped the grandpa white man, came out of closet and proudly show off his new white boyfriend/husband to his family and coworkers.  In his case, did he feel shamed when he was with the grandpa white man? Yes.

That's very sad actually,I feel sorry for the old bloke 

5 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Buddhism has nothing against same gender relationships.

In fact, talking to a guy who was a novice monk for a year, he said Buddhism didn't really have any rules regarding sex - except for monks and nuns.

Monks, for example, can have a wank but are not allowed to cum. I asked him if that meant he went for a year without ever cumming. He said of course not; but that he had to report the fact that he'd cum to the head monk. He was then "counselled" and forgiven.

It's precisely because Thais and other Asians do not follow a religion that glorifies suffering, demands self -sacrifice and denies sexual gratification - sex is only for procreation, not recreation - that we can have our sexual desired fulfilled in Asia.

I'm so grateful to have been brought up in a nominally Buddhist society by atheist parents.

18 minutes ago, a-447 said:

In fact, talking to a guy who was a novice monk for a year, he said Buddhism didn't really have any rules regarding sex - except for monks and nuns.

Monks, for example, can have a wank but are not allowed to cum. I asked him if that meant he went for a year without ever cumming. He said of course not; but that he had to report the fact that he'd cum to the head monk. He was then "counselled" and forgiven.

It's precisely because Thais and other Asians do not follow a religion that glorifies suffering, demands self -sacrifice and denies sexual gratification - sex is only for procreation, not recreation - that we can have our sexual desired fulfilled in Asia.

I'm so grateful to have been brought up in a nominally Buddhist society by atheist parents.

Beating in mind the recent stories about Abbotts abusing younger monks, I hope the 'counselling' was above board!